Work in a team of high caliber data scientists and software engineers to develop innovative solutions for sophisticated audience and content-based prediction and optimization products.
Location: New York, NY
Collective, a top digital advertising technology company, seeks talented and motivated individuals for its New York location. Collective uses technology and data sciences to intelligently connect brands to audiences with high impact, personalized experiences. Work on the cutting edge of 'big data' (10s of billions of impressions per month, 100s of billions of predictions made daily) and apply modern machine learning and data mining algorithms on state-of-the-art hardware to drive enormous value for a rapidly growing business.
Work collaboratively in a team of high caliber data scientists and software engineers to develop innovative solutions for sophisticated audience and content-based prediction and optimization products. Must be able to develop working prototypes, prove that they add meaningful value, and ensure that they are implemented properly in a production environment.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Collecting and formalizing business, data and performance requirements for data sciences products
- Assembly of modeling data sets from multi-terabyte structured and unstructured data repositories
- Formulation, implementation, testing and validation of predictive models
- Implementation of efficient automated processes for producing modeling results at scale
- Working with engineering teams on implementation of key processes
- A passion for innovating with data sciences at scale - applying modern algorithms to massive datasets and creating measureable business value
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, computer science, physics), or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in analysis and modeling of large complex datasets
- Experience deploying to real production systems
- Expertise in R, Matlab or a similar environment
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience programming in at least one compiled language (C/C++ preferred)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with optimization, data mining, machine learning or natural language processing techniques
- Experience analyzing internet scale sparse datasets (billions of rows, thousands of columns)
- Experience with Hadoop or MPP databases (e.g., Netezza, Aster, Greenplum)
- Digital advertising or web technology experience