Responsible for developing financial, economical and statistical models for senior management, making business decisions and formulating business strategy.
Company: CNA Insurance
Location: Chicago, IL
Acts as technical expert responsible for developing financial, economical and statistical models of a complex nature for a product line or business unit to be used by senior management for making business decisions and formulating business strategy. Assists in deployment of models as well as guidance to business units on model usage and interpretation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs complex modeling for the purpose of forecasting and analyzing various economic or business conditions and their impact on specific lines-of-business, the company or the industry and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Develops methodologies, assumptions, quantifications, and computer programs to capture data for complex analyses. Includes designing and writing programs using a variety of programming languages and software tools.
- Produces highly technical reports and spreadsheets, and communicates with other analytical staff and management, including presentations to senior management.
- Facilitates communication and provides technical guidance to business units and senior management regarding findings and recommendations.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members and may lead and/or participate in special projects.
- Assists in preparation and cleansing of data for analysis.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Reporting Relationship: Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Solid technical knowledge of statistical practices, procedures and principles, which may include a specialty area.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve complex situations and issues.
- Excellent project management, organizing and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects effectively and lead teams.
- Solid presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal staff and external business partners.
- Solid technical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications, hardware and software tools, programming languages, computer modeling, and spreadsheet applications.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree with preference toward graduate study or demonstration of advanced level of competence in a relevant discipline, such as statistics.
- Typically a minimum of four years of statistical modeling or related work experience. Graduate study may be substituted for work experience.
Please apply at
CNA career site,
search for and Job Number
or email me directly at