A highly talented and motivated Data Scientist to further develop our campaign optimization and targeting algorithms.
Location: Reston, VA
Resonate is a cutting-edge online advertising company, recently voted one of America's Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine. We have pioneered a completely new way to identify and reach highly-targeted audiences online through our methodology called Insights Driven Media. Resonate has transformed audience targeting into a game-changing advantage. Be a part of the team that changes the industry!
We are looking for a highly talented and motivated Data Scientist who will be responsible for performing complex data analysis on large datasets in order to further develop our campaign optimization and targeting algorithms. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives amidst the challenges of a fast-paced, start-up environment and possesses a natural bent towards innovative thinking. If you are an engaged team-player, we want to hear from you.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Analyze large, noisy datasets and identify meaningful patterns that provide actionable recommendations
- Extract, aggregate and synthesize data from multiple sources in order to increase campaign efficacy
- Develop and automate new enhanced imputation algorithms
- Work with cross departmental team to define metrics, guidelines and strategies for effective use of algorithms and data
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical or data mining techniques to solve real problems
- Experience in online advertising/marketing analytics, behavioral targeting or web analytics desired
- Ability to organize, interpret and analyze large amounts of data
- Experience with statistical software (such as Matlab, R, SAS, SPSS, S-Plus)
- Knowledge of SQL, relational database design and methods for efficiently retrieving data from them.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Pentaho, TIBCO Spotfire or MicroStrategy is a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team to develop innovative solutions
- Experience in Java, C++, Perl and/ or Python is a plus
- 5-10 years professional experience
- Must be able to maintain a "Big Picture" perspective
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Must have entrepreneurial spirit and drive and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- MS or PhD in statistics, econometrics, computer science, operations research, mathematics or related field.
This position will be based in Resonate's headquarters in Reston, VA.
Find out more about our story at www.resonateinsights.com.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to
Resonate offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.