Design data modeling/analysis services used to mine enterprise systems and applications for knowledge and information that enhance business processes.
Location: Boca Raton, FL
To apply click here
The Data Mining Scientist/Engineer role is to design data modeling/analysis services used to mine enterprise systems and applications for knowledge and information that enhance business processes. This individual is also responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining data support tools, metadata inventories, and definitions for database file/table creation.
- Work with application development staff to coordinate the creation and management of data queries.
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate of models as necessary
- Determine data requirements and validate information via the means of statistical testing
- Collaborate with unit managers, end users, development staff, and other stakeholders to integrate data mining applications with existing systems.
- Provide and apply quality assurance best practices for data mining/analysis services across the organization.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to data models.
- Create data definitions for new database file/table development and/or changes to existing ones.
- Determine required network components to ensure data access, as well as data consistency and integrity.
- Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices use of data mining tools.
- Monitor data mining system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- 4+ years of experience in quantitative analysis and research
- Strong understanding of data mining models, structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of data modeling tools such as R, SAS, and Matlab.
- Programming experience using languages such as C, C++ or other object oriented languages.
- Strong familiarity with data preparation, processing, classification, and forecasting.
- Working technical experience with relational databases.
- Direct experience with data management techniques and algorithm development.
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Project management experience.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Advanced college diploma or university degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, or related field is required; PhD highly preferred.
- Experience in advertising industry a plus
To apply click here