Location: New York, NY
Knewton is poised to revolutionize the practice of education with the world's most powerful adaptive learning engine. We are a startup rich in eclectic personalities, are ridiculously dedicated and are unified around a passion for democratizing education.
We have also been recognized as a Technology Pioneer for 2011 from the World Economic Forum in Davos and one of the top 25 best places to work by Crain's New York Business.
We're looking for engineers or applied scientists with experience implementing data mining and machine learning systems to help build an innovative online education system that adapts to each individual student.
What we need from you:
- Passion and enthusiasm for building scalable systems that analyze huge data sets and make actionable recommendations
- Proven ability to identify relationships within large, not obviously related data sets
- Ability to work with incomplete or imperfect data
- Familiarity with linear algebra and manipulating data using matrix algorithms
- Ability to build and interpret probabilistic models of complex, high-dimensional systems
- Collaborative filtering
- Decision trees (and automatic tree generation)
- Bayesian methods
- Clustering techniques (principal components analysis, k-means, etc.)
- Hadoop or other MapReduce implementation experience
- Semantic text mining or natural language processing experience
- Experience in high-stakes information retrieval and statistical analysis - (i.e. Bioinformatics, Fraud Detection)
Apply online here