Location: Grand Rapids, MI
About Steelcase Inc.
Steelcase Inc. helps create great experiences -- wherever work happens. Our brands offer a comprehensive portfolio of workplace furnishings, products and services, inspired by nearly 100 years of insight gained serving the world's leading organizations. We are globally accessible through a network of channels, including over 650 dealers. We design for social, economic, and environmental sustainability. Steelcase is a global, publicly traded company leading our industry with fiscal 2011 revenue of approximately $2.4 billion.
Steelcase offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including profit sharing. To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.steelcase.com. Steelcase strongly supports a diverse workplace and welcomes all applicants.
This role assists executives and business functions in addressing complex problems and new business opportunities by using data mining techniques and mathematical/statistical modeling.
The Advanced Analytics Analyst will provide the technical expertise necessary to perform detailed mathematical modeling analysis as well as be able to explain models / results to various levels of management. This person will be responsible for developing analytical strategies for long term objectives involving high risk, uncertainty and / complexity. Additionally, this person will provide insights regarding a wide array of business initiatives with an expertise on the theory and mathematics behind the analyses.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and machine learning tools identified for data mining and modeling for business applications
- Provide consultative services to internal clients in the analysis and interpretation of proprietary and primary / secondary data
- Ability to identify emerging patterns that can be found through the analysis of big data, unstructured data, and data from multiple internal and external sources
- Perform statistical analysis or operations research analysis of targeted databases for the purpose of opportunity identification/discovery or specific decision making
- Deploy mathematical models in a user friendly environment and provide assessment of the quality of the model and tracking therein in order to revise where appropriate for decision support
- Ability to drive operating improvements by developing key hypothesis and the data analysis and insight to support / disprove them
- Develop and maintain statistical models & methodologies to predict, quantify, and/or forecast various business
- Provide leadership to effectively communicate results of statistical models to broad audience, including senior leadership
- Ability to manage projects with strong technical and data-driven components
- Use both quantitative and qualitative data sources to successfully generate results
- Advanced degree in Statistics is required
- Experience with statistical analyses and predictive modeling techniques
- Proficiency in a wide range of data-based reporting systems
- Expertise in building customized code in SAS including, but not limited to, Macro programming, SAS/ GRAPH, GMAP, ODS and being able to present models / findings
- Broad understanding of business functions is beneficial
- Acquaintance with text mining is beneficial
Steelcase offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including profit sharing. To learn more about our company and to apply, visit our website at
Steelcase Career Opportunities, and click on Search for a job.
To review all open positions simply click on 'Start' or to review this position only enter the reference code US50068720-e2 in the Keywords field and click on 'Start'.
(Editor: Note: the job ad appears in a pop-up, so you need to allow pop-ups for that site; also, the job page may not work in Firefox 14, but it does work in Chrome and IE).
Please complete the application process and attach a resume.
Steelcase strongly supports a diverse workplace and welcomes all applicants.