Design, implement, and maintain large-scale distributed systems to process immense volumes of real-world data from Amazon.com and make it available for programmatic and human consumption.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
A9's Search Analytics team develops large scale distributed systems to process the richest and largest product search data in the world. Our data and inferences power ranking of search results, spelling correction, auto-completion, related searches, and many other features at Amazon.com and numerous other websites. Business leaders rely on the insights provided by Search Analytics for running their business.
We are looking for an outstanding software engineer to join our team. You will design, implement, and maintain large-scale distributed systems to process immense volumes of real-world data and make it available for programmatic and human consumption. Using Hadoop, Pig, Cassandra, and other cutting edge technologies, you will develop advanced software that directly impacts the quality of customers' experience with search. This is a unique opportunity to apply strong software engineering principles and work alongside some of the most influential leaders in the information retrieval/search arena. You will work in a small-company environment, but have access to the resources of Amazon.com, one the world's largest Internet companies.
A successful candidate will be a good communicator, creative problem solver, and rock-solid engineer with a passion for code quality and maintainability.
Domain expertise in ONE OR MORE of the following fields:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- At least two years of implementation experience with at least three of the following: Java, Perl, SQL, PHP, Linux
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment of a start-up
- Hadoop, Pig, Hive, and related MapReduce Technologies
- Experience with Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- RDBMS/SQL, HBase, or Cassandra