Be the champion for advanced data analysis tools and techniques, help Chief Data Officer in setting strategic direction for CFPB data environment, manage day-to-day operations of a team of Data Scientists. Apply by Aug 27.
Company: CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau)
Location: Washington, DC
SALARY RANGE: $103,000.00 to $187,800.00 / Per Year
Apply until: August 27, 2012
SERIES & GRADE: CN-2210-60
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Applications will be accepted from U.S. citizens.
Applications no longer accepted.
Do you want to be a leader in your field at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) - a groundbreaking organization solely devoted to the economic strength and vitality of American Families? Do you want to challenge yourself and others? If you answer "Yes", then we have a career for you! CFPB professionals have unparalleled opportunities to expand horizons for themselves and for the nation. Be one of the founding members of an agency that will make a difference in the lives of everyday American families!
This position is located in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Operations Division, Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO), Data Team. CFPB is envisioned to be a data-driven agency, as well as a 21st-Century organization dedicated to the innovative use of technology. The Data Team supports and champions data analysis and business intelligence within the Bureau, and is also responsible for policies, procedures, standards, strategy and technical direction for CFPB's many data assets. The Data Team maintains the CFPB master data catalog and data warehouse for the CFPB. You will serve as a senior expert and be the Bureau's champion for advanced data analysis tools and techniques, ensuring that every opportunity is leveraged to glean knowledge and understanding from CFPB's many data assets.
- Background investigation
- U.S. citizenship
The major duties of this position include:
- Assists the Chief Data Officer in setting strategic direction for CFPB's data environment, as well as driving overall program success through managing day-to-day operations of a team of Data Scientists in support of CFPB's analytical needs.
- Provides strategic direction regarding the use of technologies such as machine learning, business intelligence, data mining, data warehousing, natural language processing, metadata management and other analytical tools. Promotes the use of open source technologies.
- Develops innovative approaches to meet agency-wide data analysis needs by advocating strategic solutions that can provide analysts a new, unique, or enhanced ability to comprehensively view data about a consumer, financial product, or industry.
- Creates strategic roadmaps for the agency's data analysis software packages and infrastructure, to ensure that analysts throughout the organization have access to an appropriate suite of up-to-date tools.
- Coordinates with lead data architect to ensure the agency's data acquisition and management efforts align with our analysis needs. Ensures that basic metrics for data analysis systems and processes have been identified, that an ongoing assessment process of these metrics is implemented, and a proactive definition process focusing on addressing business needs is in place.
- Coordinates with the agency's various data analysis teams to ensure analysis tasks are allocated appropriately between teams and avoid duplication of effort. Provides analytical support to other CFPB teams, particularly with advanced analytical techniques such as machine learning. Cultivates a culture of best practices across analysis teams, promoting cross training of skills and sharing of insights and methodologies.