SNAP Interactive builds AreYouInterested.com, a social discovery application that leverages data from Facebook and other API's to match people who share similar interests.
Company: Snap Interactive
Location: New York, NY
Senior Data Engineer at SNAP Interactive!
Do you want to work for a leading provider of social networking applications with
Then join SNAP! SNAP Interactive builds AreYouInterested.com, a social discovery application that leverages data from Facebook and other API's to match people who share similar interests. We work at the intersection of Social, Big Data, Location and Mobile. Our environment is fun and relaxed, our products are ambitious, and our engineers are some of the brightest in NYC.
- over 7 million monthly active users
- over 60 million installs
- over 30,000 new profiles
SNAP Interactive, a publicly traded company, has a new opening for a Senior Data Engineer. This position is full-time and is conveniently based one block from Penn Station.
Competitive compensation includes
- guaranteed bonus + discretionary bonus
- stock options
- annual training stipend of $2000
- monthly hackathons & regular employee-hosted tech talks
- free snacks, fun outings, twice-monthly massages, and Knicks & Rangers tickets.
Email resume to
Required Skills and Experience:
- Design and develop large scale cluster data processing systems with a focus on data extraction and integration into Snap's Big Data environment
- Provide technical leadership SNAP's Big Data initiatives
- Mentor SNAP development staff on large scale data processing architectures and implementations
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- B.S in Computer Science, advanced degree in related field preferred
- Proven expert at software development, data integration, and database technologies
- Experience building complex and noninteractive systems (batch, distributed, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player capable of working in a demanding start-up environment
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Avro, Scribe, Cascading, Tap)
- Dynamic and/or functional languages (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl, Clojure)
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g., HBase, Cassandra, Mongo DB, CouchBase)
- SQL and relational database programming
- Data modeling
- Working with unstructured data
- Cluster and grid computing
- Cloud computing
- Designing and tuning high performance systems
- Data warehousing and business intelligence systems
- Mathematics, statistics, machine learning and data mining
- Complex Event Processing (e.g., Esper)
- Linux expertise
- Agile development methodology
Email resume to
For more information, please visit our website at www.snap-interactive.com
SNAP Interactive Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a progressive, team-oriented work environment, exciting career opportunities and excellent benefits. The responsibilities listed above are not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties may be required as needed.