Company: Bloomberg BNA
Location: Arlington, VA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, and a leading source of legal, business, and regulatory information for professionals, seeks a Marketing Database Manager to lead the reporting and analysis of marketing campaigns and channels to optimize the ROI; establish and provide weekly reports and dashboards of campaign performance to help improve list selection, segmentation, and data mining efforts; manage the lead assignment process to expedite delivery of leads to sales reps and track conversion of leads into sales and determine the life-time value of leads from various marketing channels and sources to maximize results; and provide the marketing team with assistance in data mining of in-house databases, as well as securing targeted lists from outside sources.
Manage reporting of lead-generation promotions:
- Establish ROI benchmarks for success
- Determine lifetime value of leads from different sources
- Create and update dashboards
- Track lead conversions to trials and sales
- Monitor assignment process for accuracy and expediency
- Recommend and drive implementation of changes to lead assignment process
- Establish reporting process to track ROI by marketing campaigns and channels
- Execute list queries and optimize selection by marketing managers
- Employ data mining and regression analysis to best target lists - Develop trigger campaigns based on customer usage and profiles
- Work closely with Campaign Managers to analyze and utilize the data effectively
- Augment target data with missing data elements from other sources
- Work with marketing team members on set-up and management of campaigns to ensure ability to do reporting
- Work with strategic resources team to provide conversion data to help optimize lead gen campaigns
- Develop and implement reporting for optimizing marketing spend based on revenues and new sales opportunities
- Help implement specific marketing programs and campaigns, including ad-hoc projects
- Collect and validate marketing expense inputs for cash and accrual basis
- Analyze marketing and sales performance on a product and market basis and recommend changes to allocations for marketing campaigns to optimize ROI
- Assist CMO with preparation and management of the overall marketing budget
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years' experience in database marketing analysis including target list selection, analytics, direct marketing test design, response analysis, ROI analysis, segmentation analysis, customer profiling; direct marketing experience strongly preferred;
- hands-on experience with database querying tools, languages, and analytical platforms supporting database marketing such as SQL, Unica, SalesForce, or SAS/SPSS;
- creative thinker with strong analytical skills coupled with a solid business foundation, particularly in database marketing;
- an innovative, positive, and self-directed attitude;
- team-oriented, enthusiastic, responsive self-starter with a strong interest in "figuring out" solutions to problems or methodology for improved client deliverables;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's in Business, MIS, Marketing or Math-related discipline.
Bloomberg BNA offers a comprehensive benefits package including tuition reimbursement, domestic partner benefits, transportation subsidies, annual and sick leave, parenting leave, 401(k), and much more.
Bloomberg BNA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Bloomberg BNA has adopted an Affirmative Action Program to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any other classification protected by law.