Responsible for supporting the vision and strategy of Best Buy Search and Navigation platform and for the management of the product throughout its lifecycle.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Best Buy is a multinational retailer of technology and entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. We are on the forefront of technology's rapid advancements, we thrive on challenge and change and we empower our people to do the right thing every time. Best Buy has locations around the world including Mexico, Canada, the United Kingdom and China.
We believe that each person matters, each conversation matters and each connection matters. Community partnership is central to the way we do business. In 2010, we donated a combined $25.2 million to improve the vitality of the communities where our employees and customers live and work. We invite you to explore Best Buy where you can use the latest technology, voice your thoughts and ideas and build connections that last a lifetime.
Best Buy is looking for an experienced and results-oriented Product Manager to join our Search product team. We seek top-talent for this high-visibility role to lead work streams for the Search product team for Best Buy's eCommerce/online platforms that are critical to driving our digital capabilities like bestbuy.com, m.bestbuy.com, and our mobile apps.
The Product Manager for Search is responsible for supporting the vision and strategy of Best Buy's Search and Navigation platform and for the management of the product throughout its lifecycle. He/she effectively translates business strategies into product strategies, roadmaps and product specifications that deliver against both our core customer value propositions and our company strategic and financial goals. The Product Manager acts as the product champion, and is able to evangelize the product vision effectively to stakeholders and is able to independently drive to agreement on product requirements and direction from a wide and diverse population of product customers.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, is analytical, detail and results oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic. He/she is a highly motivated self-starter. This individual is an evangelist for his/her product and has a deep understanding of his/her customers' needs, the product and the competitive landscape. He/she is an excellent communicator and builds strong cross functional relationships, internally and externally.
This individual will be skilled in working across departments to collaborate with Business Managers, Application Architects, Engineering Delivery Teams, Project Managers, QA, and Operations teams. His/her product management experience and understanding of the software development cycle is essential to the successful development of requirements and products. This position will be a leader for the search product, leading the focus area of the Search Daas (search data service) - behavioral intelligence, data science, search algorithms and analytics.
Additional responsibilities include developing the product roadmap and ensuring that the proper strategies are put into place to act on the roadmap. Working with the leadership to establish testing plans, goals, measurements and return on investment will also be responsibilities for this role.
- Bachelor's in IT, Computer Science, business or related field
- 4 or more years of IT systems or Product Management experience in one or more of the following areas, with demonstrated progression of responsibilities: Application delivery; Web/Search Applicationmanagement; IT/system product design and product strategy; Business process reengineering
- Multiple years of experience in delivery of search technologies for high-volume/high-transaction eCommerce or websites
- 2 or more years in a leadership role with direct reports and people management responsibilities
- 2 or more years of experience managing and being accountable for budgets
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Multiple years of experience with delivering search technology capabilities by applying system and delivery lifecycle methods and approaches
- Advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, business or related field
- Prior IT experience implementing large scale, highly available search technology platforms or other large program implementation
- 4 or more years of progressive experience in one or a combination of e-commerce, product management, information technology or other related technology discipline
- 3 or more years of direct e-Commerce or Technology Product Management experience
- 2 or more years executing or managing large (1M+) technology projects
- 4 or more years gathering business needs and creating into workable outcomes
- 4 or more years in business process and/or technology implementation
- Prior experience in working with organizational change management/leadership and process change management
- Hands on experience with Agile best practices and methods such as Lean, Scrum, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development
- Experience with methods, tools, technologies to deliver systems for extremely high traffic and transaction volumes for Search Technology Platforms: (e.g. FAST, Endeca, Solr)