Company: The Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises.
BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 75 offices in 42 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization.
Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
ABOUT BCG ADVANCED AND CUSTOMER ANALYTICS TEAM:
BCG's Advanced and Customer Analytics team delivers powerful analytics-based insights, methods, and visualizations designed to help our clients tackle their most pressing business problems. We partner with BCG case teams and practices across the full analytics value-chain: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative analytics workflows, training colleagues on new methods, and interpreting findings. The Advanced and Customer Analytics team is a global resource, working with clients in every BCG region and in every industry area.
Customer and Advanced Analytics team is a core member of a rapidly growing constellation of analytics-focused teams at BCG - collectively, this Analytics Group shares a cross-industry, global, collaborative problem solving approach and a commitment to driving value for BCG clients through the lens of world-class data science.
We are seeking a strong candidate with experience to fill an exciting Topic Specialist (TS) position within BCG's Customer Analytics team. The role provides an opportunity to leverage advanced analytics methodologies to deliver value to BCG's clients in collaboration with case teams and Practice Areas (PAs).
The Topic Specialist partners with the Advanced and Customer Analytics Team leader in five key areas: driving business development, supporting direct project work in a playercoach role, contributing to management activities, developing new methods and tools, and building wider analytics-awareness and competency in the BCG community. Because the field of Analytics is rapidly evolving, the Topic Specialist is responsible for staying current on leading-edge tools and approaches, proactively working with the Team Leader for Advanced and Customer Analytics to deliver analytical advantage to BCG.
KNOWLEDGE TEAM (KT) ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(all should apply; there may be additional activities)
Provides support for client work
- Establishes credibility with clients and case teams as a topic expert; takes positions/draws conclusions on a range of external and internal issues; is recognized as the global expert within BCG in an important topic area (e.g., ability to recognize commercialization potential)
- Participates in case team meetings in expert role (e.g., coaches team members) and interacts with clients as needed
- Leader in supporting BCG partners / principals on proposal and lead preparation
- Assists others in navigating the Knowledge network by connecting them with materials and people
- Helps manage agenda for topics for PA events at the regional and global level
- Develops ideas for, proposes and leads PA research initiatives such as Tier 1s
- Develops specialized knowledge that can be leveraged across the practice; regularly presents own original content in PA and client settings
- Helps develop key PA tools where applicable
- Edits external and internal PA publications/communications as appropriate
- Represents the practice at external events
Supports the local office (e.g., provides training in analytics content and proprietary tools)
- 7+ years of work experience leading advanced analytical insights enabling strategic business decisions
- 3+ years of consulting work experience with focus on specialized analytical and big data requirements (or equivalent)
- Advanced degree in a field linked to statistics, applied mathematics, computer science and engineering, or related field (or equivalent expertise based on a significant record of directly-relevant analytics experience within a business environment)
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities of advancing analytics related capabilities within a company
- Autonomous, self starter with a passion for analytics and statistical problem solving
- Practical, tenacious approach to problem solving
- Outstanding expertise in core analytics methods, tools, and data sets (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Oracle BI, ...)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (fluency in English is required)
- Leadership and management experience (a must)
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, serviceoriented environment
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential
- It is necessary to have the ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and incorporate multiple labor laws and cultures
In applying for this position you must send your CV/resume to AnalyticsGroupRecruiting@bcg.com
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements.
If selected, a transfer date will be negotiated with your line manager.
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer