Key contributor helping to make the company strategy and vision for customer analytics a reality. Ensure that BI systems and processes deliver accurate and timely insights, support strategic analytic initiatives and develop the company predictive analytics capabilities.
Location: Waltham, MA
Do you like a challenge? Are you an experienced problem solver looking for the opportunity to provide value in a fast-paced, data-driven analytical environment? Do you want to play a key role in transforming a company?
Constant Contact is looking for an experienced, hands-on Business Intelligence Application Engineer to join our growing Information Systems team. The successful candidate will be a key contributor helping to make the company's strategy and vision for customer analytics a reality. Working with our business partners, you will ensure that business intelligence systems and processes are in place to deliver accurate and timely insights, support strategic analytic initiatives and develop the company's predictive analytics capabilities.
- Working with internal stakeholders to understand their business information needs, gather requirements, design, and build best-in-class BI solutions
- Providing input into the ongoing design, development and maintenance of our BI infrastructure and access tools.
- Assist in the monitoring and tuning of SQL statements and procedures for reporting
- Perform QA on their work and ensure they meet all standards before submitting it for User Acceptance Testing
- Providing support and administration for our BI infrastructure
- 5+ years experience in the design and development of high quality business intelligence solutions. Proven experience developing BI roadmaps, design specifications and development plans.
- Proven experience with BI application development efforts using Cognos 8.x. Experience with Cognos 10 preferred.
- Ability to translate business needs into viable long-term information architectures and solutions
- Ability to communicate and work effectively throughout all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution
- Accountable, with a problem-solving mindset, highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Experience with leading data warehouse technologies (Netezza, DB2, and Oracle)
- Strong data modeling, data analysis and data architecture skills
- Strong analytical and SQL skills
- Proven experience working in a fast paced data warehouse environment, including data design, data integration, database architecture, metadata and reporting creation
- Responsible for developing business intelligence blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms and systems integrations.
- Expertise with integration tools (Data Stage, CastIron, Boomi etc.)
- Experience in CASE tools (ERwin, ORACLE Designer 2000, ER/Studio, etc.).
- Experience with IBM Information Server
- Experience in Salesforce.com and other CRM solutions
- Working knowledge of big data solutions and technologies, such as Hadoop and Cassandra
- Previous experience with teams using Agile and SCRUM