Responsible for the thought leadership and best practices necessary to develop a best-in-class BI architecture. Need to have experience leading large complex BI application projects.
Location: Waltham, MA
Do you like a challenge? Are you an experienced problem solver looking for the opportunity to provide value in a fast-paced, data-driven analytical environment? Do you want to play a key role in transforming a company?
Constant Contact is looking for an experienced, hands-on Business Intelligence Senior Application Engineer to join our growing Information Systems team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the thought leadership and best practices necessary to develop a best-in-class BI architecture. This role requires the person have experience leading large complex BI application projects.
Reporting to the Director of BI & Analytics, you'll be a key contributor helping to make the company's strategy and vision for customer analytics a reality. Working with our business partners, you will ensure that business intelligence systems and processes are in place to deliver accurate and timely insights, support strategic analytic initiatives and develop the company's predictive analytics capabilities.
- Working with internal stakeholders to understand their business information needs, gather requirements, design, and build best-in-class BI solutions
- Providing input into the ongoing design, development and maintenance of our BI infrastructure and access tools.
- Developing our information strategy and technology roadmaps
- 7+ years experience in the design and development of high quality business intelligence solutions. Proven experience developing BI roadmaps, design specifications and development plans.
- Ability to translate business needs into viable long-term information architectures and solutions
- Proven leadership experience developing solutions with best-of-breed tools, such as Cognos and Crystal Reports. Experience with Cognos 10 preferred.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively throughout all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution
- Accountable, with a problem-solving mindset, highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Experience with Master Data Management, Data Governance and Data Stewardship
- Experience with leading data warehouse technologies (Netezza, DB2, and Oracle)
- Strong data modeling, data analysis and data architecture skills
- Proven experience working in a fast paced data warehouse environment, including data design, data integration, database architecture, metadata and reporting creation
- Responsible for developing business intelligence blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms and systems integrations.
- Expertise with integration tools (Data Stage, CastIron, Boomi etc.)
- Experience in CASE tools (ERwin, ORACLE Designer 2000, ER/Studio, etc.).
- Experience with IBM Information Server
- Experience in Salesforce.com and other CRM solutions
- Working knowledge of big data solutions and technologies, such as Hadoop and Cassandra