89degrees: Enterprise Data Architect
Seeking an Enterprise Data Architect, to serve as the lead technical resource in the strategic oversight and planning of data models and database structural design and development.
We’re hiring! We’re looking for a Enterprise Data Architect who will join our growing consulting practice. Why come work for us, you ask? We have great clients, a dynamic growth environment, and there's opportunity to innovate at the intersection of digital and big data! This position is open to remote or contract work.
We are an innovative and rapidly growing company that specializes in customer engagement strategy and execution. Our results-oriented services combine database expertise, marketing analytics, technology integration, and creative as a means to connect consumers and brands for maximum engagement and ROI. 89 Degrees enables multi-channel success across a number of key verticals for clients including IKEA, Hyundai, World Vision, Genzyme/Sanofi, and hhgregg
Serves as the lead technical resource in the strategic oversight and planning of data models and database structural design and development. Oversees the design, evaluation, selection, implementation and support of major databases and metadata structures; reviews and evaluates database performance, risk and financial analysis feasibility studies. Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
Develops data and metadata policies and procedures for structural design and development to build, maintain and leverage the data model, ensuring integration with corporate data standards. Provides extensive technical, strategic advice and guidance of the highest level to senior managers and technical resources in the creation and implementation of new data standards and databases. Reviews and assesses technical proposals requesting changes or upgrades to the existing databases.
- Define vision, strategy and principles for data management
- Define standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching and delivering all data within the enterprise
- Serve as the liaison between data consumer representatives and data solution development, integration and governance teams
- Inform and interpret data project sponsors
- Must understand how data is, or will be, used and implication on people, processes, products and technology
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus
- Experience supporting or working directly with SAS technologies such as SAS Visual Analytics, Business Intelligence, Marketing Automation, and Marketing Optimization applications or general SAS programming experience is strongly desired.
- Bachelers in Computer Science or Software Engineering or similar; masters or better preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in retail customer data analysis
- 7+ years in database design, especially data warehouse design, using enterprise relationship database systems (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and/or Teradata)
- Experience working with Big Data and NoSQL technologies such as Hadoop (Hortonworks or Cloudera), Spark, MongoDB, etc. is strongly desired
- Understanding of ETL or data quality tools such as Informatica, Pentaho, SAS Data Quality/Data Integration
- An understanding of marketing, CRM, and/or statistics is desired
- Previous experience supporting BI reporting environments (SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau, etc.) and/or marketing analytics/data science teams is a big plus
- Strong service orientation and learning attitude
- Experience with data security, data governance, or master data management practices is a plus
- Advanced degrees in related fields
- Some travel may be required
What we offer:
Here at 89 Degrees we believe our employees are an asset to our company and value their talent and contributions. If you’re looking to learn from some of the most talented individuals in the industry and career advancement opportunities then look no further. We’re an employee friendly company that promotes a casual and comfortable environment. We offer competitive compensation packages including excellent performance incentives!
Visit our website www.89degrees.com for more information on what our company has to offer.
Check us out on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn!