Red Ventures: Data Scientist
Seeking a Data Scientist with 1 – 2 years experience as a data scientist or equivalent educational training, proficient at collecting and mining data from disparate data sources, and willing to dig deeper and understand the process that creates the data.
Company: Red Ventures
Location: Charlotte, NC
Position: Data Scientist
At Red Ventures, data science is central to our business. It’s woven into every interaction in a customer’s journey – from searching for a product to browsing on a website to interacting with one of our world-class sales agents. We’ve built a suite of in-house marketing technology with data science in mind, so our models plug right into the processes that drive our businesses forward.
With a focus on speed, iteration, and ownership, we own the data science process end-to-end. A successful team member will:
- Work with business teams to identify opportunities and define projects.
- Execute on these projects rapidly using cutting edge techniques from machine learning and statistical modeling
- Deploy their solutions as standalone products into a real-time scoring environment, and monitor and improve them over time.
We’re not one-and-done – each project drives a meaningful impact to the business over a long amount of time by embedding algorithms into our technology and making each business decision smarter.
We’re a tight-knit, fast-paced team that is committed to helping each other grow and develop. We’re committed to supporting and learning from each other, and we believe our team culture is one of our greatest assets.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 1 – 2 years experience as a data scientist or equivalent educational training
- Proficient at collecting and mining data from disparate data sources, and willing to dig deeper and understand the process that creates the data
- Hands on experience with each part of the data science toolkit, including statistical analyses, hypothesis testing, and data cleaning/feature engineering.
- Ability to create visualizations to help tell stories about the data (ggplot2, Seaborn, matplotlib, d3)
- Experience building predictive models inside a statistical computing environment (e.g., R, Python, Sklearn, SPSS, Matlab, Octave)
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Committed team player who is proactive, takes ownership over the success of their projects, and works hard to support those around them.
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Scala, Python, C/C++
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
- Experience with distributed computing: Hive/Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with deploying data science solutions in a live, production environment, especially in near real-time settings (ex: models embedded into a REST API)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Solve business critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer acquisition activities.
- Integrate cutting-edge machine learning techniques with technology that drives millions of decisions a day
- See your contributions make a material impact to a business’s bottom line.
Red Ventures Overview:
Red Ventures is a technology-driven digital marketing and sales company. We focus on solving complex business problems for our partners, which include some of the nations’ largest brands, by combining advanced data analytics with proprietary, built in-house technology to help us generate demand and attract potential customers with incredible efficiency.
We combine the speed and creativity of a start-up, the strategic thinking of a management consultancy, and the technology development and analytics of a software company– all under one roof. Couple that with a culture built on speed, innovation and collaboration and you’ll find that Red Ventures is a place unlike any other.
A few of the perks and benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary you’ll also get:
- Excellent benefits package including 401(k) with a company match, medical, dental and vision coverage, short- and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
- Onsite restaurant with subsidized meals, coffee and smoothie bar
- Onsite health clinic
- Generous vacation policy plus additional company-wide closure days including the week between Christmas and New Year
- Full-gym with running track, spin room, basketball court, bowling alley, and yoga studio
- Annual company trip to the Caribbean
- Continuous learning opportunities at relevant industry conferences
- Casual dress is encouraged
- Relocation assistance is offered for those not currently living in the Charlotte, NC area