SUNY Buffalo: Postdoc in Data Mining and Bioinformatics
Seeking a Postdoctoral Associate in the areas of machine learning and bioinformatics. The major research focus is on developing machine learning and mathematics methodologies for analyzing massive genomic data.
At: SUNY Buffalo
Location: Buffalo, NY
Position: Postdoc in Data Mining and Bioinformatics
The State University of New York at Buffalo is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate in the areas of machine learning and bioinformatics. The major research focus is on developing machine learning and mathematics methodologies to address the computational challenges of analyzing massive data for various biomedical applications.
- Ph. D. degree in bioinformatics, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related field;
- Strong background in machine learning, statistics and mathematics;
- Proficiency in C, C++ and Matlab;
- Experience with managing large-scale data sets;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to effectively work individually and as part of a team.
Applicants should submit a CV, two representative publications, and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references to: Dr. Yijun Sun: yijunsun[AT]buffalo[DOT]edu.