KDnuggetsTM News 02:23, Dec 3, 2002
(see also KDnuggets Courses page)
- (item1) New Poll: How fast is your connection to the Internet?
- (item2) Total Information Awareness: What do data miners think?
- (item3) KDD-2003 Call for Research Papers, deadline February 21, 2003
- (item4) KDD-2003 Call for Industrial/Government Track Papers, deadline February 21, 2003
- (item5) KDD-2003 Call for Workshop Proposals, deadline March 7, 2003
- (item6) KDD-2003 Call for Tutorial Proposals, deadline March 7, 2003
- (item7) KDD-2003 Call for Panel Proposals, deadline March 7, 2003
- (item8) NSF Information & Data Management program and Information Technology Research initiative: proposals submission reminder, etc.
(see also KDnuggets Jobs page)
- (item9) KXEN Predictive Analytics Workshop (Free!): Build cutting-edge analytic models in minutes, D.C., UK, France
- (item10) DATA MINING: LEVELS I & II [ Orlando: Jan | Las Vegas: Apr ]
(see also KDnuggets Software page)
- (item11) Ulm, Germany: 4 positions in Data Mining Vehicle Data, Data Mining Financial Risk, Quality Forecasting, and Web Mining; German language essential. at DaimlerChrysler Research and Technology
(see also KDnuggets Publications page)
- (item12) IntelliVIEW: Economical Analytics for the entire Enterprise
- (item13) LS-SVMlab Toolbox announcement
- (item14) PolyAnalyst in Intelligent Enterprise
- (item15) Files Search Assistant for quick search within text documents.
- (item16) LS-SVMs: book announcement
- (item17) ETL Survey Yields Eye-opening Results
- (item18) WIRED on Total Information Awareness
(see also KDnuggets Meetings page)
- (item19) Forrester predicts 1 Million IT Jobs Moving Offshore
- (item20) SAS interfaces to ESRI Geographic Information System
- (item21) JOLAP - Java-based online analytical processing spec is near completion
- (item22) Crystaliz Fraud detection software catches Pentagon's eye
- (item23) Molecular Mining Corporation and GlaxoSmithKline Study Gene Networks for Bone Formation
- (item24) Wayback machine keeps the Web history
- (item25) PAKDD-2003 workshop: DMAK'2003, Data Mining for Actionable Knowledge, Jan 20, 2003
- (item26) Workshops at the SIAM-2003 Int. Conf. on Data Mining, deadline Feb 1, 2003
- (item27) Euro-Par 2003 Track on Parallel and Distributed Data Mining, deadline Feb 9, 2003
- (item28) ICML-2003 Call for Workshops and Tutorials, deadlines Jan 17 and Feb 15, 2003
- (item29) ISMIS 2003, 14th Int. Symposium on Methodologies For Intelligent Systems, deadline March 10, 2003
- (item30) DMLL: ML journal Special issue on Data Mining Lessons Learned, deadline Apr 7, 2003
- (item31) ECML/PKDD-2003, deadline Apr 30, 2003
"People have to move and plan before committing a terrorist act. Our
hypothesis is their planning process has a signature."
Jan Walker, Pentagon spokeswoman, in Wired, Dec 2, 2002.
"What's alarming is the danger of false positives based on incorrect data,"
Herb Edelstein, in Wired, Dec 2, 2002.