KDnuggetsTM News 03:02, Jan 20, 2003
(see also KDnuggets Courses page)
- (item1) Poll Results: Your Purchasing Plans over next 6 months
- (item2) New Poll: Which OS does your main data mining software run on ?
- (item3) sensors and sensor network initiative at NSF, deadline March 6, 2003
- (item4) 3 Senators seek to halt Total Information Awareness project
- (item5) Top 10 KDnuggets News stories of 2002
- (item6) KDD-03, Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining 2003, submission deadline Feb 21, 2003
(see also KDnuggets Jobs page)
- (item7) KXEN Enterprise Modeling Workshop: New York, San Francisco, UK, France, ...
- (item8) Free Online Seminar from SPSS: Rapid ROI: How top companies are keeping customers and increasing profits, Jan 29, 11 am CST
- (item9) DATA MINING: LEVELS I & II [ Orlando: Jan | Las Vegas: Apr ]
(see also KDnuggets Software page)
- (item10) San Jose, CA: Marketing Research Manager at eBay, Inc.
- (item11) Fairfax, VA: Data Miner (Senior and mid-level positions available) at Mantas
(see also KDnuggets Academic page)
- (item12) MAYA Viz releases new version of COMOTION visualization software
- (item13) Survey of Data Mining software
(see also KDnuggets Publications page)
- (item14) New York, NY: Faculty position, visitor or tenure track, at NYU
- (item15) New Book: Computational Biology and Genome Informatics
- (item16) New Book: Enhance Your Business Applications: Simple Integration of Advanced Data Mining Functions
(see also KDnuggets Meetings page)
- (item17) KXEN Analytic Framework Goes Live at Experian, Increasing Targeting
- (item18) Data Stored in Bacteria DNA
- (item19) ANGOSS Results for 2002: Up in North America, Down in Europe
- (item20) ICML'03 (International Conference on Machine Learning) , deadline Feb 10, 2003
- (item21) High Performance Data Mining: Pervasive and Data Stream Mining, deadline Feb 1, 2003
- (item22) SIAM Workshop on Data Mining for Counter Terrorism and Security, deadline Feb 1, 2003
- (item23) NSF/NIJ Symposium on Intelligence and Security Informatics, deadline Feb 10, 2003
- (item24) Special Issue of Information Technology and Libraries on Bibliomining: Data Mining for Libraries, deadline Mar 15, 2003
- (item25) Discovery Science (DS'03), deadline April 12, 2003
- (item26) Special Session on Web Mining, Internet Computing 2003 Las Vegas, deadline Jan 31, 2003
"The administration's assurances that a data mining system will
not abuse our privacy rights ring hollow"
Senator Feingold (Democrat, Wisconsin).
A statement released by Senator Feingold's office defined data mining as
"a broad search of public and nonpublic databases in the absence of
a particularized suspicion about a person, place or thing."