KDnuggetsTM News 03:08, Apr 29, 2003
(see also KDnuggets Courses page)
- (item1) Poll Results: European/Asian data miners median income 50K
- (item2) New Poll: Your highest current education level
- (item3) KDD CUP 2003: Mining Complex Networks, deadlines May 16, July 1
- (item4) Data Mining Research programs
- (item5) DATA-MINING-CUP 2003
(see also KDnuggets Jobs page)
- (item6) Data Mining Training, May 19-22, Chicago (discount for KDnuggets readers)
- (item7) DATA MINING: LEVELS I & II [ NYC: June | San Diego: Sep | Las Vegas: Dec ]
- (item8) New Predictive Modeling E-Course with SAS software from Olivia Parr-Rud!
- (item9) M2003: SAS 6th Annual Data Mining Technology Conference, Las Vegas, Oct 13-14
(see also KDnuggets Software page)
- (item10) Malvern, PA USA: RESEARCH SCIENTIST - Siemens Medical - Computer-Aided Diagnosis Group at Siemens Medical Solutions
- (item11) San Diego, CA: Senior Statistical Scientist at Fair, Isaac
- (item12) San Diego, CA: Statistical Scientist (must be US citizen or permanent resident) at Fair, Isaac
- (item13) Berkeley Heights, NJ: Senior Data Miner / Modeler at Skarven Enterprises
- (item14) Portland, OR: Consulting Opportunity for senior technologist with data mining / analytics experience
- (item15) Bay Area, CA: Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning
- (item16) Tulsa, OK: Data Mining Analyst/Consultant (or Statistician) at StatSoft, Inc.
- (item17) Dallas/NY/Boston (some travel required): Data Miner / Modeler for Telecom Industry at Data Miners, Inc.
(see also KDnuggets Academic page)
- (item18) New and Improved version of GhostMiner, data mining software from Fujitsu
- (item19) Megaputer finalist for DM Review's World Class Solution Awards
(see also KDnuggets Publications page)
- (item20) Postdoc position at U. of Illinois at Chicago, National Center for Data Mining
- (item21) Program Director for AI & Cognitive Science at NSF, application due May 15
- (item22) MSc in Machine Learning and Data Mining at Bristol, UK
- (item23) JMLR Special Issue on Variable and Feature Selection
- (item24) New book: Handbook of Data Mining
- (item25) BusinessWeek on successful companies using AI and Data Mining
(see also KDnuggets Meetings page)
- (item26) Senate bill to can spam
- (item27) "Final" version of human genome complete
- (item28) Vladimir Vapnik joins KXEN's scientific committee
- (item29) Homeland Security Names First Privacy Czar
- (item30) MKIDS: NSF-funded project for analyzing social networks
- (item31) Iconix Pharmaceuticals licenses Chemogenomic Data Mining Tools
- (item32) Marketers propose new infrastructure to fight spam
- (item33) How spammers get the email addresses? Mostly from the web
- (item34) Microsoft a big newcomer in Gartner CRM Magic Quadrant
- (item35) Fios offers Concept-Based Searching and Data Mining of legal texts
(see also KDnuggets Meetings page)
- (item36) Workshops/Tutorials of ECML/PKDD-2003, Cavtat-Dubrovnik, Croatia, Sep 22-26, 2003
- (item37) NSF/NIJ Symposium on Intelligence and Security Informatics, Tucson, AZ, Jun 2-3
- (item38) KDD-2003 accepted workshops: Text, Links, Bioinformatics, Multi-relational, Web, Data Cleaning, Fractals, Multimedia, deadlines in May-June
- (item39) NIPS, Jun 6; ICDM '03, Jun 10; ECML/PKDD workshops, Jun 13, more ...
From John Klossner cartoon in Computerworld (quoted with his permission).
Cartoon shows an applicant sitting at a desk in front of a manager
or HR person, who says:
I am a little surprised. With such extensive experience in predictive
analytics, you should have known we wouldn't hire you.
(to be archived under http://www.jklossner.com/web-jklossner/computerworld/data.html)
Thanks to Ronny Kohavi for pointing this cartoon.