From: Randolph, Anitra
Date: 7 Oct 2003
Subject: Fairfax, VA: Data Mining Analyst - Implementation/Engagement (Mid or Senior Level) at Mantas
Would like to implement the latest analytical data mining software for the world's top tier financial institutions?
If this sounds interesting to you, and if you think you have what it
takes to meet this challenge, then you should consider Mantas, a
company that develops products based on YOUR area of
expertise...business analytics and data mining!
Mantas' engagement data mining analysts participate in multiple client
implementation tasks. The successful applicant will work closely with
project managers, subject matter experts, and other team members to
successfully implement Mantas product libraries. Specific
The work is diversified and challenging, and the position offers the
right candidate excellent professional and leadership opportunities
with tremendous career potential.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of behavior detection as it applies to the financial services industry
- Understand client business needs and product data requirements
- Assist in selecting existing Mantas products to satisfy client business objectives
- Ensure the client has a thorough understanding of product functionality
- Discuss and document client business requirements
- Tune and validate product libraries deployed at client sites
- Interact with software and database engineers to enhance functionality of the Mantas products
- Contribute to Mantas best practice methodology
- Travel on some projects may be 50 -- 60 %
To qualify for this opportunity, candidates should have the right
balance of the problem solving abilities, technical hands-on data
analysis skills, financial business knowledge, and intellectual
curiosity that are essential for knowledge discovery tasks.
Specific requirements include:
To apply, email to Anitra_Randolph@mantas.com
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Significant product implementation and/or consulting experience.
- Ability to convey technical functionality to a non-technical audience.
- At least 3 years of experience performing data analysis tasks using tools like SPSS/Clementine, SAS, SQL Developer, MS Access, MS Excel.
- Knowledge of predictive, statistical, or mathematical modeling, and data mining methods including decision trees, association rules, clustering, regression methods, neural nets.
- Graduate or undergraduate level degree focused on data analysis methodologies in business, scientific, or engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry is preferred.
- Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles, and working knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, Sybase, UDB, SQLServer.
- Experience with MS Windows / NT or Unix operating systems.
- Working knowledge of the software engineering principles.