( Previous issue |
Next issue )
KDnuggetsTM News 03:23, Dec 9, 2003
(see also KDnuggets Jobs page)
- (item1) Poll results: Outsourcing is not widespread
- (item2) New Poll: Job satisfaction
- (item3) CFP: KDD-04, 10th Int. Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, deadline Feb 20, 2004
- (item4) Rakesh Agrawal selected as one of Scientific American 50 leaders
- (item5) NSF ITR Program Announcement: Letters of Intent 01/14/04, Proposals 02/24/04
- (item6) NSF Programs: CyberTrust, Sensors and Sensor Networks
- (item7) Number of Statisticians and Data Miners ?
(see also KDnuggets Academic page)
- (item8) Colworth, UK: Networks/Adaptive Systems specialist at Unilever
- (item9) Seattle, WA: Software Development Engineers at Amazon.com
- (item10) Ph.D. Fellowships in Ecosystem Informatics (IGERT) at Oregon State U., Corvallis
- (item11) How to determine if there is a pattern in lottery results?
(see also KDnuggets Meetings page)
- (item12) MIT engineers mine for new materials with a computer
- (item13) Data mining for finding Medicare Fraud
- (item14) SPSS Announces Predictive Text Analytics Solution
- (item15) INFORSENSE Announces Major Enhancement To Discovery Informatics Platform
- (item16) Army investigates Jet Blue; Torch Concepts investigates terrorism
- (item17) Data mining to find Angel Investors
- (item18) KXEN and Expert Information Services To Provide Predictive Analytics in Asia Pacific
- (item19) Privacy debates are hurting US ability to use IT and data mining technology against terrorism
- (item20) Life Insurance Corp plans new data mining project
- (item21) Congress to Approve Funding for Computing Research and Education
- (item22) SAS center in India to be largest outside US
- (item23) Marketing Databasics integrates KXEN's predictive modelling technology
- (item24) Euro-Par'04 DB/DM/KDD track, Jan 30
NAFIPS-04, Feb 2
KDD-2004, Feb 20
COLT 04, Feb 24
WI'04, Apr 4
ICDM-04, June 1
From the life of real miners:
PERTH-based De Grey Mining has made a significant new discovery at its Indee Turner River gold project in Western Australia's Pilbara region, returning intercepts including 32m at 8.4gpt and 26m at 8.39gpt.
(Monday, December 08, 2003, http://www.miningnews.net/)
Thanks to Ronny Kohavi.
Copyright © 2003 KDnuggets. Subscribe to KDnuggets News!