From: Meredith Russell
Date: 3 Nov 2004
Subject: San Jose, CA: Sr. Database Marketing Manager at eBay
Primary Job Responsibilities
Responsibilities include identifying key touch points/factors that
drive predictive behavior and helping create a more concise, targeted
marketing message to drive revenue and ROI. Activities include working
with cross-functional teams in the planning and implementation of
direct marketing programs, customer targeting and testing strategies,
analysis and reporting of campaigns, and leading projects in data
mining, predictive modeling, and lifetime value. The incumbent will
also manage the business side of enhancements to technical
infrastructure. Incumbent will lead database marketing
responsibilities in statistics, data mining, advanced analytics, and
project management to support direct marketing initiatives and drive
marketing strategy. The initiatives that the Senior Database Marketing
Manager will be responsible for include:
- Work with diverse internal business owners to understand and support their needs and perform database marketing analyses (customer profiling and segmentation, predictive models, etc.) to help answer business questions and drive direct marketing results.
- Work with internal and external IT resources, providing business leadership and project management support for major enhancements to the database marketing infrastructure, such as data marts, reporting, campaign management, and CRM.
- Identify and improve the quality of and quantity of customer information available for marketing support. Champion data quality and develop processes to improve data quality.
- Manage rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses evaluating the effectiveness of multi-channel direct marketing programs, which could include web-based, email, and offline campaigns.
- Develop testing strategies to inform resource optimization and improve response metrics.
- Act as an internal voice for database marketing and articulate the activities, capabilities, and benefits of the group
- Presentation of analyses, results, and recommendations to a senior management audience.
Contact: Meredith Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent with at least 10 years of related experience with 5 in statistics, data mining, operations research, or computer science; a quantitative MBA or MS/PhD with strong business experience is desired.
- Strong direct marketing, database marketing, and CRM experience/savvy.
- Must have the ability to work with internal and external IT resources; experience in building large data marts and deploying CRM related enterprise software desired
- Strong quantitative modeling and analytic skills in customer segmentation, lifetime value, customer contact strategies, campaign set-up, back-end analysis, predictive modeling, and other database marketing tasks.
- Strong experience with data mining or statistical principles, methodologies, and techniques (e.g. Classification, Variable Selection, Logistic Regression, Experimental Design, etc.). Optimization knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with tools for statistical modeling and analysis (e.g. SAS, Splus, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Experience with list pulling and data retrieval from very large databases, automation/scripting of recurring campaigns, and database tools (e.g. SQL, Access, etc.)
- Knowledge in building reports and experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Excel, etc.)
- Experience and in fast moving environments. Client focused consulting experience desired.
- Prior management experience.
- Computer programming experience is a plus.