KDnuggetsTM News 05:05, Mar 8, 2005
- Poll results: Which conferences you plan to attend in 2005?
- New Poll: Fewer women in sciences - why?
- Challenge: Relevance from eye movements
- Data Mining: Levels I, II & III [ Las Vegas: Apr | Wash DC: June ]
- ACAI-05 Advanced Course on Knowledge Discovery, Jun 27 - Jul 5, Ljubljana
- San Jose, CA: Knowledge Management Research Programmer at PricewaterhouseCoopers Center for Advanced Research
- San Jose, CA: People-centric Knowledge Management - Researcher and Programmer at PricewaterhouseCoopers Center for Advanced Research
- Silicon Valley, CA: Senior Data Mining Engineer at a Silicon Valley start-up
- Seattle, WA: Data Warehouse Architect/Programmer at a fast growing solution provider
- Seattle, WA: Senior Software Engineer (Information Retrieval) at Vulcan Inc,
- San Diego, CA: Analytic Science Lead at Fair Isaac
- Scorecard/Model Monitoring
- StarProbe - Visual Data Miner with extra strength clustering
- Math Institute Fellowships and PhD studentships at Imperial College, London, UK
- Free Monthly - Data Mining Success Tips from Olivia Parr-Rud, author Data Mining Cookbook (Wiley 2001)
- Genetic Algorithms (IlliGAL) Blogging
- VAI Pubs: Creating Clarity Out of Chaos and Anatomy of a Financial Crime
- How to Maximize Analytics' Effectiveness
- Ostara Corporation Announces Acquisition of Catalyst Solutions LLC.
- Web Analytics Association is born
- Intelligenxia Named to KMWorld's "100 Companies that Matter in Knowledge Management"
- Nova Uranium Corporation chooses DIAGNOS Data Mining CARDS system
- Poindexter Systems Hires Andreas Weigend, former Amazon Chief Scientist
- Spam filters may lead scientists to AIDS vaccine
- Senators Vow New Laws In Wake Of ChoicePoint Debacle
- Analyzing the future of analytics
- Arvest Bank Selects ASA's Customer Opportunity Advisor to Improve Sales and Customer Retention
- CHOICEPOINT PRIVACY BREACH GETTING CONGRESSIONAL ATTENTION
- Insightful Announces 2004 Fourth Quarter and Year End Results; Reports 16% Growth for Quarter, 9% Growth for 2004
- Purple Insight Announces Release of MineSet™ 3.2 Visual Data Mining Software For Microsoft Windows®
- Percept 2.0 Security Appliance for Auditing and Threat Detection
- Multi-Channel Holdings Buys Blue Martini Software
- SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, Newport Beach, CA, Apr 21-23
- Grammatical Inference Applications workshop, due Mar 19
Intelligent Techniques in Web Personalisation, due Mar 21
IV05-VDM: Visual Data Mining, due Mar 21
ECML/PKDD 05, due Mar 28 (tutorials and workshop proposals)
IDA-2005, due Apr 1
Learning With Multiple Views, due Apr 1
Learning and Extending Lexical Ontologies, due Apr 1
Mining Network Data (MineNet-05), due Apr 6
SIGKDD spec. issue Text Mining and NLP, due Apr 15
Intelligent Data Analysis In Medicine And Pharmacology, due Apr 24
Web Dynamics spec. issue, due Apr 30
AICS05: AI and Cognitive Science, due May 13
British AI-2005, due Jun 6
About 16 percent of children across the country are overweight,
meaning that their body-mass index is in the 95th percentile for their
age group, according to a 2002 study by the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention.
From Washington Post, Feb 23, 2005 article
"Md. Targets School Snacks" by Ylan Q. Mui.
(thanks to Ted Senator for finding this).