From: Thomas Fabiano
Date: 3 May 2005
Subject: Rochester, NY: Adaptive Systems Specialist at XEROX
Are you looking for a unique challenge? Do you want your role to make
a major impact? Our award-winning products are a result of the
original thinking and creative solutions of our talented people.
XEROX CORPORATION is a global Fortune 500, 16 billion dollar company
that offers a broad portfolio of systems, solutions, and services in
the document industry. Our products range from award winning fax,
scanners, printers, and copiers for small and medium sized offices to
high-end production printing systems to an array of software and
consulting solutions. Our company operates with a strong focus on the
customer, a strong focus on core values, like social responsibility,
diversity, quality, and a strong focus on adaptability, speed and
- Innovate systems that intelligently 'adapt' (automatically reconfigure) to complement the changes in the environment and work processes they participate in.
- Develop tools and technologies for exchanging information and documents across enterprises and businesses, across business and customers.
- Leverage the knowledge of autonomic and autonomous systems to develop robust, peer aware, self managed systems for printing, production management, document distribution, etc.
- Assist in developing new digital production workflows and corresponding services.
- Conduct operational and financial analysis of the alternative technologies impact.
- Unleash creativity and adaptability to better anticipate competition moves, quickly respond to market changes and support ever-evolving customer needs
Please email resumes to: Thomas.Fabiano@xerox.com .
- MS/Ph.D. in EE/CS, adaptive systems, or equivalent with a strong publication record in distributed autonomic optimization algorithms and swarm intelligence
- Ability to read writable RFID for both humans and systems
- Understanding of state of the art services and solutions
- Should have strong analytical and mathematical modeling, optimization and software skills and ability to work with multiple levels of abstraction.
- Experience with workflow modeling tools and approaches are highly desirable.
- Should have a deep understanding of Web and distributed systems technologies such as XML, J2EE, .Net, etc.
- Hands-on experience in using Java, C++, Web Services and Object Oriented development. Interest in declarative programming and ontology mgmt./semantic web is a big plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to influence change
- Ability to identify key applications, integrated solutions, analyze existing document workflow, and suggest solutions to enhance profitability and productivity
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills