KDnuggetsTM News 06:n01, Jan 10, 2006
- Poll results: Which conferences you are planning to attend in 2006?
- New Poll: Text mining tasks you have done in 2004-5?
- Sniglets and other Holiday Poetry
- New FAQ topics: In-database data mining, DM vs Statistics, Golden rules, ...
- Top 2005 items
- NSA broad "data mining" of emails and telephone calls
- KDD-06 Call for Papers, Tutorials, and Workshops
- Measures against postings by bots
- Get started with Oracle Data Mining self-study tutorial (Free)
- ProbeExplorer, a free web-based bioinformatic application
- DATA MINING: Levels I, II & III [ Orlando: Jan | Las Vegas: Apr ]
- Seminar Update: Addressing Click Fraud, San Francisco, CA, Mar 10
- Kansas City, KS, USA: Statistician at DHSoft, Inc.
- Novato, CA: Senior Research Analyst/Statistician at Fireman's Fund
- Tulsa, OK, USA: Statisticians and Data Mining Analysts at StatSoft, Inc.
- Kirkland, WA: Scientist - Machine Learning, Data-Mining And Statistics at Inrix
- Santa Monica, CA, USA: Marketing Optimization & Segmentation Manager at LowerMyBills.com
- SIGKDD Explorations Dec 2005 issue: Link Mining
- Data Mining 101: Finding Subversives with Amazon Wishlists
- Neural network sorts the blockbusters from the flops
- Unica buys MarketSoft
- Report: NSA involved in 'data mining'
- Latanya Sweeney, head of CMU Data Privacy Lab
- Elsevier MDL and TEMIS provide a unique, innovative chemical information solution.
- Salford Data Mining Conference Program, 29-31 March 2006, San Diego
- IFIP AI 2006: Artificial Intelligence in Theory And Practice, due Jan 15
Text Mining 2006, due Jan 16
Int. Conf. on Knowledge Mining, due Jan 25
Model Selection Workshop, due Jan 31
Special Track On Data Mining at IEEE CBMS 2006, due Jan 31
Spatial Data Mining Workshop, due Feb 27
ICIIP 2006, due May 10
Using a pair of 5-year-old computers, two home DSL connections, 42 hours of computer time, and 5 man hours, I now had documents describing the reading preferences of 260,000 U.S. citizens.
Tom Owad, http://www.applefritter.com/bannedbooks