From: Chanda Glenn
Date: 10 Jan 2006
Subject: US-VA-Arlington, US-MD-Rockville: Systems Engineer 3 (or higher) - 05002544 at SAS Institute Inc.
Job Field: Sales
Provides technical assistance for software pre-sale activities in
Federal Government Segment. Applicant should have demonstrated ability
to detect and understand customer's business needs; articulate value
of our solutions and offerings; Identify appropriate applications,
tools, and solutions. Prepare prototype solutions and presentations
based on opportunity analysis. Develop and present customized
demonstrations for accounts. Work with sales staff to outline
available products and leverage sales opportunities. Plan and
implement, in conjunction with Account Executive.
- Five years of experience in technical sales, marketing, technical
support, information systems, or a related area of expertise including
three years of programming in a high-level language or developing SAS
applications with at least two interactive operating systems supported
by SAS. Specific industry-related experience may be considered in lieu
of programming experience for some positions.
- Public speaking experience required.
- NOTE: Please list programming experience by position held.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment.
- Knowledge of industry or market segments or detailed knowledge of a specific area of industry expertise; familiarity with two hardware environments supported by the SAS System.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAS System tools.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Demonstrated project leadership skills;
- Programming proficiency as required for prototype development and product demonstrations.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate.
- Experience and understanding of implementing an analytical
environment and structuring technical architecture within an
organization or in a distributed environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of base SAS software, SAS/STAT procedures, and statistical SAS products, such as Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner
and Text Miner.
- Master's degree in Statistics
- Previous pre-sales experience in the software industry
- Any current or previous Security Clearance Background in Federal Government (DOD/Civilian Agencies, Intelligence, Aerospace)
- Demonstrated Business Intelligence knowledge
- Strong presentation skills (white board and power point)
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience may be considered in place of the above requirements.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
How to apply:
Applications accepted online only at:
All other forms of application may not be considered.
Please refer to job#
when applying online.