From: Troy Barba
Date: 10 Jan 2006
Subject: San Jose, CA, USA: Senior Risk Modeler at PayPal
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Designing, developing and managing real-time risk/fraud models.
- Designing, developing and managing semi-real time risk/fraud models.
- Designing, developing and managing back-end (ie. non-real time) risk/fraud models.
- Applying risk/fraud models to predict and control risk associated with new accounts, and to combat credit card fraud, bank account fraud, identity theft fraud, spoof fraud etc.
- Applying risk/fraud models to identify and prevent transactions not allowed by PayPal policies like adult, gambling etc.
- Preparing and extracting data from large databases.
- Analyzing hundreds of variables covering a wide range of information from user profile to historical transaction data. Identifying new patterns and new variables. Selecting appropriate variable list.
- For each modeling project, designing its best structure and selecting the most appropriate modeling techniques which may include a combination of several modeling techniques like logistic regression, decision tree and neural network.
- Analyzing model performance and communicating model design and performance to senior management.
- Working with product managers and engineering in deploying risk/fraud models.
- Providing on-going performance tracking reports and managing model continually.
- M.S. or Ph.D in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research or other quantitative, engineering area is preferred. Ph.D is preferred.
- Be able and be willing to do hands-on data analysis
- Feel comfortable handling large data sets with millions of rows and up to a few thousands of columns.
- Previous experience handling data analysis for large banks or financial services companies is preferred.
- Previous industry experience in risk assessment models and fraud detection models is preferred
- Experience with statistical modeling techniques like logistic regression, decision tree, neural network or other pattern recognition, machine learning statistical/mathematical modeling algorithms or techniques is required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- An energetic team player. Be willing to actively communicate with the team, share ideas and create a synergetic environment which encourages learning, thinking and actions.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be enthusiastic and be able to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Familiarity with SAS, SQL and UNIX is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Java, C++ or Perl is preferred
To apply please send your resume to: email@example.com