From: Jeanine Wallner
Date: 03 Nov 2006
Subject: Seattle, WA: Senior Analyst at Atlas, a division of aQuantive
The Senior Analyst is responsible for client strategy and project
recommendations for product improvement. The Senior Analyst will at a
minimum function as a mentor to more junior analysts on the team, and
potentially act as a direct team lead.
- Provide strategy and project recommendations for on-going analytical improvements to our products.
- Engage in critical analytic R&D for products, including prototyping analytics improvements to assess value of integration and explore implementation options.
- Provide support for software development and operations teams: assess implications of analytic improvements, assist in development of test cases, analyze system behavior, and monitor the performance of newly released algorithms.
- Mentor other analysts on the team.
- Generate ad hoc analyses for clients as necessary.
- Special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Creative person with strong analytics and quantitative ability.
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Adaptable, flexible person able to participate in a broad range of roles and function well in the face of time and resource constraints
- Must have sufficient programming and statistical package expertise to function independently and work with data directly.
- Basic familiarity with relational databases (i.e., SQL) required; additional programming experience (i.e., VBA / C# / C++) strongly preferred.
- Must be open to learning new skills.
- A college degree with significant coursework in statistics, math, computer science, and/or econometrics required.
- Post-graduate degree in a quant-related field strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability required; direct experience managing highly quantitative personnel strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience data mining or generating statistic-based research
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment preferred
- Experience in interactive marketing a plus
Jeanine Wallner, Recruiter
Copyright © 2006 KDnuggets. Subscribe to KDnuggets News!