KDnuggetsTM News 06:n22, Nov 21, 2006
- First SIGKDD Webcast: Web Content Mining, Nov 29, noon ET
- Poll Results: Netflix Grand Prize - When?
- New Poll: Web analytics, web log analysis, web usage mining tools
- Data Mining Blogs Spotlight
- Top items from KDnuggets News 06:n21, Nov 7
- Build scorecards in 3 easy steps with iSmartScore
- DATA MINING: Levels I, II & III [ Las Vegas: Dec | Orlando: Jan ]
- Burlington, MA, USA: Econometrician / Statistician at iKnowtion LLC
- Richardson, TX: ECommerce Catalog Statistical Analyst at Fossil, Inc
- Atlanta, GA: Field Marketing Analyst at Cox Communications, Inc.
- Atlanta, GA: Manager, Marketing Analysis at Cox Communications, Inc.
- Sunnyvale, CA: Data Mining Researcher at Yahoo
- San Francisco, CA: Statistical Analyst/Data Modeler at Quality Planning Corporation
- Washington, DC: Visiting Assistant Professor at Georgetown U.
- PhD position in Caen, France: Hierarchical segmentation of Large Images
- BI and Business Analytics Survey Results
- SQL Server Executive: Mining for Quality
- Practical Business Intelligence with SQL Server 2005: Data Mining
- Web 3.0: Internet as your personal adviser?
- OOPSLA 2006 Panel on Object Databases Published.
- PhD Thesis: Modeling ETL for Web Usage Analysis
- Computer programs help flag insurance fraud before payment
- New Survey Technology allows you to 'listen' to the voice of the customer:
- Digging Deeply Into Matrimonial Data Mining
- SER Receives Two U.S. Patents for Innovation in Audio Data Monitoring and Mining
- Podcast from Anderson Analytics: Hotel Brands and Loyalty Programs through the Eye of the Frequent Traveler.
- InforSense Conferences: Nov 29 - Rochester, MN; Dec 6-7, Hinxton, England
- DHS IG scrutinizing data mining prototype, other programs
- British AI-2006: Cambridge, UK, Dec 11-13
ICDT 2007: 11th Int. Conference On Database Theory, Jan 10-12
EGC 2007: Extraction et Gestion des Connaissances, Jan 23-26
- Call For KDD-2007 Panel Proposals, due Feb 28
- KDD 07 BOF: Call for Birds of Feather at KDD-07, due Dec 15
- EVOBIO 2007: Evolutionary Computation, ML and Data Mining in Bioinformatics, due Nov 10
IEEE DMIR-07: Data Mining and Information Retrieval Symposium, due Dec 1
FLAIRS 20, due Nov 20
Call for Workshops at COMPSAC 2007, due Dec 15
NSF BioSurveillance Workshop 2007, due Jan 30
ICML 2007, due Feb 7 (abstracts)
Adversarial Issues in Web Search, spec. issue, due Mar 30
IDA 2007, due Apr 6
People commonly use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post -- for support rather than illumination