Date: 08 May 2007 14:38:35 -0700
Subject: San Rafael, CA: Market Research - Statistical Modeler #61545 at Autodesk
Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) is wholly focused on ensuring that great
ideas are turned into reality. With seven million users, it's not
surprising that 100% of Fortune 100 firms are Autodesk
customers. For the eleventh consecutive year, Autodesk clients have
won the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects. Autodesk is the
world's leading software and services company for the manufacturing,
infrastructure, building, media and entertainment, and wireless data
services fields. Autodesk's solutions help customers create, manage,
and share their digital assets more effectively. As a result,
customers turn ideas into competitive advantage by becoming more
productive, streamlining project efficiency, and maximizing profits.
Founded in 1982, Autodesk is headquartered in San Rafael, California. For additional information about Autodesk, please visit http://www.autodesk.com.
Autodesk is seeking an experienced Statistical Modeler up to the
challenge of changing the way millions of people do their jobs. By
applying data analysis and data mining techniques to terabytes of
product usage information, the ideal candidate will uncover customer
usage patterns that will enable product managers and product designers
to produce software that delight customers around the world. Come
work in a fast-paced environment that rewards hard work and creative
The Statistical Modeler's primary tasks will be:
- Understanding the broad elements of the Autodesk's business, paying particular attention to how data analysis and data mining can play an increasing roll in delivering objectives
- Working with product managers, product designers, and software developers, devise suitable quantitative models that will deliver clarity of understanding, permit valid inferences, and where possible, have functional predictive capability.
- Continuously monitor how quantitative modeling tools and data analysis methodologies are used across the company to maximize decision accuracy.
- Evangelize new quantitative analysis methods and provide a consulting / support function to product teams across the company
- Develop requirements so that appropriate reporting and communication tools can be developed and deployed across the company.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Education required: degree in statistics or quantitative field with a strong background in statistical modeling with 3-8 years of related experience.
- Candidates should have expert knowledge of SQL, Oracle, Unix, Perl, and Excel or comparable tools.
- Technical skills should include tools like SAS/STATS, SAS/ETS, SAS Enterprise Miner, Teradata, or other comparable data-mining tools and technologies.
- Modeling skills must include: decision trees, rule extraction, simple linear/non-linear regressions, Time Series, and experience with link and k-means clustering
Autodesk provides one of the most exceptional compensation and benefit
packages, including stock options for all employees, 401k matching,
six week sabbatical after four years of employment, domestic partner
policy, on going employee training and development, flexible work
hours and more!
If you are an extraordinary person who strives for excellence,
please apply at
Job 61545 .
Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.