From: Wroblewski, Matthew
Date: 06 Jul 2007
Subject: Philadelphia, PA: Marketing Data Analyst / Senior Data Analyst at Lincoln Financial Group
Reports To: Director of Marketing Research
The Marketing Data Analyst (or Senior Analyst) will proactively support Marketing Research and Marketing Analytics through data mining, statistical analysis, and modeling of customer data. The Analyst will support sales and marketing campaigns, business decision making, and reporting through the analysis of customer data in multiple systems including: CRM, transactional databases, web tracking, marketing fulfillment, and e-mail marketing.
This role presents individuals with an opportunity to help shape a growing function within Lincoln Financial Distributors, and offers good advancement potential.
(a Senior Analyst will be expected to have more of a leadership role in developing the responsibilities below)
Experience & Education
- Support marketing campaign management through development of customer segmentation models, response modeling, cross/up-sell modeling, survival analysis; develop best practices and integrate learning into future campaigns; identify new opportunities for sales and marketing campaign execution
- Participate in (or lead for Sr. Analyst) the creation of marketing management reporting through development of profitability and lifetime value models, segment penetration and development, customer acquisition and turnover analysis
- Support marketing research and marketing communications through analysis of market information from industry databases such as Lipper and Morningstar
- Proactively integrate best practices into analytics function, and identify innovative ways to support sales and marketing through the use of analytics
Skills & Competencies
- BA/BS in quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, or related; or in Marketing, Business Administration, or similar with significant quantitative experience
- 2-3 years experience (or 3-5 for Senior Analyst) in data mining and modeling; financial services experience helpful but not required
- Experience with SPSS (Clementine preferred) or SAS, SQL, OLAP, and Microsoft Office applications
About Lincoln Financial Group
- Must have excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must be inquisitive, creative, results oriented, and focused on problem solving
- Must understand business needs and proactively provide insight via analytics
- Must be able to work collaboratively with sales, marketing, and IT
Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. With headquarters in Philadelphia, the companies of Lincoln Financial Group had assets under management of $237 billion as of March 31, 2007.
Matt Wroblewski - firstname.lastname@example.org