KDnuggetsTM News 08:n19, Oct 7, 2008
- Poll Results: SQL, Excel - leading tools for data cleaning
- Effect of financial turmoil on data mining?
- Darpa's Math Quiz: Model the Brain, Find Biology's Laws, Solve Number Theory 'Holy Grail'
- New Website Allows Individuals to Express Opinions to Obama and McCain
- Top items from KDnuggets News 08:n18, Sep 23
- Fractal Analytics on Customer Retention Analytics
- Disco: open source map-reduce framework
- Webcasts Oct 16, on-demand: Genetic Regression Modeling & Data Mining with the GenIQ Model(c)
- Webcast Oct 21: DATA MINING: FAILURE TO LAUNCH
- Boston, MA: Special Projects Leader - Workforce Analytics & Planning at Liberty Mutual
- New York, NY: Data Mining Business Analyst at Morgan Stanley
- Denver, CO: Analytics Specialist at First Data
- Redmond, WA: Clickfraud Data Mining Scientist at Microsoft, MSN AdCenter
- Researcher positions at K.U. Leuven, Belgium
- KDD-08 video: Tutorials, Invited talks, Social Networks, more ...
- Our Digital Lives, Monitored By A Hidden 'Numerati'
- Data Fusion: The Ups and Downs of All-Encompassing Digital Profiles
- Economist on Data mining Know-alls
- Wall Street's collapse may be computer science's gain
- LatentView among the winners at INFORMS 2008 Data Mining Contest
- Tableau Software and Teradata Partnership to Introduce Visual Decisioning to the Masses
- Better Data-Mining With New Gaming Platform
- YouTube Insight Now Shows Which Part of Videos are Hottest
- ICDM '08, Pisa, Italy, Dec 15-19
- KDD-09 Call For Workshop Proposals, due Jan 19
- KDD-09: Call for Research Papers (abstracts due Feb 2)
- KDD-09: Industrial/Government Applications Papers, due Feb 6, 2009
- KDD-09 call for Panels, due Feb 23
- KDD'09 Call For Tutorial Proposals, due Feb 23
- Data Mining and Multiagent Integration (call for chapters), due Nov 1 (proposals)
MLDM 2009, 6th Int. Conf on Machine Learning and Data Mining, due Jan 6
Canadian AI 2009, due Jan 23
The short fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a ...
small medium at large.
Frequent words/terms in this issue: