Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009
Subject: Chattanooga, TN: Intern, Medical Informatics at BlueCross BlueShield
Contribute to division goals by completing an applied research project that seeks to answer a question relevant to BCBST corporate initiatives and / or the healthcare industry, at large. Present findings to appropriate internal and / or external audiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Formulate research question that can be answered by analyzing available data.
- Complete a thorough review of existing literature relevant to research topic.
- Compose research proposal explaining why this research is important.
- Seek and obtain necessary approvals to move forward with research.
- Extract necessary data with minimal supervision.
- Employ appropriate analytical techniques and data using SAS Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner, or Forecast Studio to answer the research question.
- Disseminate results to appropriate audiences. Depending on the research topic, this may include internal audiences, such as: business units, work groups, and committees, as well as external audiences, such as: healthcare conferences and journals.
** Preference will be given to graduate students.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative, health, or other related field from an accredited program. Current enrollment in a Master's degree program preferred.
- Completion of coursework in Research Methods and Statistics required
- 1-2 years experience analyzing data a plus
- Experience using base SAS, Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner, or Forecast Studio a plus
Please apply online at:
Search for job number 0901205