- RTDS: Senior Data Mining Developer - Nov 20, 2014.
Leadership role in designing and implementing new functionality for our real-time data-mining application, working with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers across the full software-development lifecycle.
- Bain: Senior Advanced Analytics Specialist (Data Science) - Nov 20, 2014.
Join our growing Advanced Analytics Group, Bain's team of advanced analytics and primary research experts.
- CMU: Teaching Faculty, Machine Learning - Nov 20, 2014.
Lead our efforts in teaching machine learning, both on-campus and online. As the world only academic Machine Learning Dept, we help define the standard curriculum for the field.
- White paper: How Analytics Is Shaping HR Role In Business - Nov 20, 2014.
Download a free white paper which focuses on the changing nature of HR in the workplace due to increased analytics and the improved ability to integrate data and systems, from the perspectives of 4 experts from top firms.
- Stanford: Postdoctoral Position in Data Mining of Human Activity - Nov 20, 2014.
Stanford University's newly-established Mobility Center has several openings for postdoctoral candidates interested in researching the intersection of human health and machine learning.
- EURECOM: Faculty Position in Data Mining and Machine Learning - Nov 20, 2014.
EURECOM, graduate school and a research center in communication systems, seeks qualified applicants interested in Big Data and Cloud computing for a tenured assistant professor position.
- U. Oklahoma: Faculty, Data Science and Analytics - Nov 20, 2014.
University of Oklahoma invites applicants for a tenure-track position in the field of data science and analytics. Applications will begin review on December 1st and will remain open until this position is filled.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 17-18: Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever? - Nov 19, 2014.
Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever? No (at least not yet); How to become a data scientist in 8 (not so) easy steps;R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone.
- Interview: Joseph Sirosh, Microsoft on Azure ML and the Emerging Data Science Economy - Nov 19, 2014.
We discuss what distinguishes Azure ML from its intense competition, the online machine learning university, current maturity level of Big Data solutions, important skills for data scientists and more.
- Metis, a division of Kaplan: Data Science Lead - Nov 19, 2014.
An experienced data scientist to head the teaching of our data science bootcamps and to champion our growth in the field of data science education and training.
- U. Strasbourg: Postdoc position in machine learning/data mining - Nov 19, 2014.
Postdoctoral position available to candidates interested in developing new methods for knowledge reuse in machine learning with the aim of improving understanding of models in different contexts. This position would last for one year, with the possibility for extension.
- Companion Website for “Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms” - Nov 19, 2014.
Supplementary materials for the textbook Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms are now available online and include figures, slides, datasets, videos, and more. Download them today.
- Chubb: Predictive Modeler – Domestic US Focus - Nov 19, 2014.
Provides actuarial support in the Predictive Modeling Unit, work with predictive models for Automobile and Homeowners pricing and underwriting, and support Marketing, Appraisal, and other areas.
- Chubb: Sr. Positional Analytics Specialist - Nov 19, 2014.
Identifying and leading the integration of data sources that improve underwriting, pricing, service and appraisal functions.
- A 3D Analytic Framework for Visual Data Discovery - Nov 19, 2014.
A presented 3D Visual Analytic Framework enables Visual Data Discovery, and allows all discovery actions to performed inside 3D Unified Visual Data Representation Space.
- KDnuggets 14:n30, Where did you apply analytics? IBM Watson vs Data Scientists - Nov 19, 2014.
Also: New poll; R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone and more; Top SlideShare Presentations on Data Mining; The Future of Analytics and more.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World for Business, Mar 29 – Apr 2, San Francisco - Nov 18, 2014.
PAW Business covers a wide range of business applications across industry sectors, including marketing, credit scoring, insurance, fraud detection - check the outstanding program and get KDnuggets and early bird discounts.
- TMA Predictive Analytics Data Mining Training
[Las Vegas, Dec | Orlando, Feb] - Nov 18, 2014.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with hands-on, immersive training and goal-driven strategy - get it from The Modeling Agency. Next courses in Las Vegas (Dec) and Orlando (Feb).
- AnalyticsStreet Panel Report: Frontiers and Dangers of Analytics and Big Data - Nov 18, 2014.
A summary of technology panel I moderated with analytics leaders from DataXu, Tamr, Sqrrl, Nutonian, and Basis Technology. Key issues that emerged include machine learning, streaming data, unstructured and text data, the data mining process, security, and privacy.
- Interview: Joseph Sirosh, Microsoft on How Azure ML is Simplifying Predictive Analytics - Nov 18, 2014.
Microsoft Corporate VP of Machine Learning, Joseph Sirosh talks about the recently released Azure ML, users’ feedback, favorite business use cases, how Azure ML fits in the Microsoft’s portfolio for Big Data solutions and more.
- Data Analytics Week for Government, Feb 23-25, Washington, DC - Nov 18, 2014.
Download the brochure to see the full line-up of speakers and sessions that help you unravel the key issues in federal data analytics - special KDnuggets discount. Also get free report on Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023.
- IRI: Digitial Media Consultant, Analytics - Nov 17, 2014.
Join Media Center of Excellence, analyze the impact of digital and other media on CPG shopping and product purchasing, analyze and interpret media and digital data trends/patterns and translate them into meaningful solutions for clients.
- Why Azure ML is the Next Big Thing for Machine Learning? - Nov 17, 2014.
With advanced capabilities, free access, strong support for R, cloud hosting benefits, drag-and-drop development and many more features, Azure ML is ready to take the consumerization of ML to the next level.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 09-16: 8 Steps to Becoming a #DataScientist; Learn How Google Understands You - Nov 17, 2014.
8 Steps to Becoming a Data Scientist; Learn How Google Understands You; Workday #BigData Analysis can predict which employees likely to leave; A Very Good #DeepLearning Tutorial;
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Nov 18 and beyond - Nov 17, 2014.
Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Data Visualization, Scores Aren't Enough, Big Bioinformatics without Big Hassles, Starting Small and Scaling Big with Hadoop, YARN, WCAI Oppy: Desktop Software Subscription Analysis, and more.
- The Analytics of Digital Transformation, according to TCS - Nov 17, 2014.
Lipika Dey, in this interview before her talk at next month's LT-Accelerate conference, discusses consumer and market analytics and techniques to extract actionable information from text and social media data.
- SQL School tackles the data analyst shortage - Nov 17, 2014.
SQL School is a free, interactive tutorial from Mode Analytics, written by analysts for aspiring analysts. Check it out!
- New Poll: Industries where you applied analytics / data mining in 2014? - Nov 17, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: where did you apply analytics / data mining in 2014? Please vote and we will analyze, compare, and publish the results.
- UTexas: PhD Positions – help shape the future of research in data mining - Nov 16, 2014.
PhD student applicants sought to help shape the future of data mining and its applications at the School of Information at UT Austin. Applications due by December 15th.
- Heriot-Watt University: PhD studentships in Data Science Approaches to Subsurface Reservoirs Management - Nov 16, 2014.
PhD studentships in Data Science Approaches to Subsurface Reservoirs Management are available to candidates with strong computational skills and experience in applying machine learning. Applications due December 1st.
- R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone - Nov 16, 2014.
R and Hadoop make machine learning approachable enough for inexperienced users to begin analyzing and visualizing interesting data to start down the path in this lucrative field.
- Top stories for Nov 9-15: IBM Watson Analytics – Will It Replace Data Scientists? - Nov 16, 2014.
IBM Watson Analytics - Will It Replace Data Scientists ? Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning? Most Popular SlideShare Presentations on Data Mining; Top KDnuggets tweets last week: P-values are not as reliable.
- New York Life: Predictive Modeler - Nov 15, 2014.
Join Analytic Science Division, an internal consulting group for the company, playing big role in company direction and decisions, and involved with a vast range of interesting projects.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Marten Mickos, SVP, HP on the Role of Open Source in Cloud industry - Nov 15, 2014.
In an exclusive interview with KDnuggets, Marten talks about HP’s Open Source strategy, evolution of Open Source production model, learning from the success of Open Source in Web, trends and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 12-13: Predicting employees likely to leave; Hacker guide to Neural Nets and Machine Learning - Nov 15, 2014.
Workday #BigData Analysis can predict which employees likely to leave; Hacker's guide to Neural Networks and Machine Learning; Enough With 'Feel Good' #DataScience; Most Popular SlideShare Presentations on Data Mining.
- Brain Work Research Centre (Helsinki): Sr. Research Scientist in computational data analysis - Nov 15, 2014.
Lead research on computational data analysis and to devise new computational methods and build expertise for the needs of the future work life.
- Megaputer Intelligence: Data Analysis Consultant - Nov 15, 2014.
Create data analysis and reporting solutions for Megaputer customers with the help of PolyAnalyst platform: experimental, proof-of-concept, implementation, and production projects. Develop successful long-term relationships with customers.
- 2015 RecSys Challenge: predicting online purchases from clicks - Nov 14, 2014.
ACM RecSys 2015 poses the 2015 RecSys Challenge, seeking researchers interested in prediction of purchases and clicks from online users using a dataset provided by a large European retailer.
- Webcast: Analytically Speaking Featuring Dan Ariely - Nov 14, 2014.
Dan Ariely, author of several best-sellers, and TED speaker watched by millions, uses simple experiments to study how people actually act when making real-life decisions. Watch his "Analytically Speaking" webcast.
- U. Luxembourg: Professor of Computer Science – Big Data - Nov 14, 2014.
Complement and strengthen the existing research expertise in the CS and Communication Research Unit, reinforce and expand the activities in the field of Big Data.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Marten Mickos, SVP, HP on Why the Future Belongs to “Hybrid Clouds” - Nov 13, 2014.
In an exclusive interview with KDnuggets, Marten talks about the future of Eucalyptus (recently acquired by HP), defines Hybrid Clouds and their importance, and gives some tips for vendor selection.
- Most Popular Slideshare Presentations on Data Mining - Nov 13, 2014.
SlideShare data mining presentations cover many topics, offering a unique way of consuming data mining content and exploring a variety of slideshows, both narrow and broad in scope.
- Northeastern: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor – Computation, Systems and Architecture - Nov 13, 2014.
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Northeastern seeks exceptional candidates at all levels addressing problems in big data computing, heterogeneous systems architecture and power-efficient computing.
- Customer Intelligence in Action, Feb 25-27, San Diego - Nov 13, 2014.
Check the complete program for Customer Intelligence in Action, Feb 25-27, 2015 in San Diego - the most practical and actionable event for customer analytics and experience professionals.
- Machine Learning Summer School 2015, Sydney, Australia - Nov 12, 2014.
MLSS will provide graduate students, academics and industry professionals with an intense learning experience on the theory and applications of modern machine learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 10-11: R on its way to the top 10; Using #MachineLearning to Detect Abnormalities - Nov 12, 2014.
Statistical language R on its way to the top 10; California rules #DataScience, but there's a very long tail; How to Explain #BigData to Your Grandmother; Using #MachineLearning to Detect Abnormalities in Time Series Data.
- Georgia Tech Interdisciplinary MS in Analytics - Nov 12, 2014.
The program leverages the strengths and resources of Georgia Tech in computing, business, statistics, and operations research, and gives practical experience via an applied analytics practicum.
- L’Oreal Americas: Senior Data Scientist, Connected Beauty Incubator - Nov 11, 2014.
Help L'Oreal expand into connected beauty, use "big data" science tools to increase product performance and improve the lives of our consumers.
- TDWI Orlando – The Premier Education Conference for BI, DW, Big Data, Data Analytics – Savings Extended - Nov 11, 2014.
With over 45 courses on the full agenda, TDWI Orlando has what you need to succeed with your data and analytics projects! Savings extended - use priority code OR63.
- IBM Watson Analytics – Will it Replace Data Scientists ? - Nov 11, 2014.
We review IBM Watson Analytics Beta version, the service which aims to provide an automated data scientist and intended for business users who want to move beyond spreadsheets for analysis .
- DrivenData: Box-Plots for Education - Nov 11, 2014.
DrivenData with ERS is seeking to improve budgetary strategy for public schools through this data science competition which aims to predict how budgets are allocated.
- MLconf: Today’s Adventures in Applied Machine Learning, San Francisco, Nov 14 - Nov 10, 2014.
Attend MLconf to listen to speakers from top companies, network with 300+ data scientists, business executives, engineers and students. Special KDnuggets discount.
- iMathCloud, Python Data Science Platform - Nov 10, 2014.
iMathResearch presents its first tool for big data analysis, offering easy access to computational tools, a simple Python-based interface, cloud-based collaboration, and private computational instances.
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week: P-values, the “gold standards” of statistical validity, are not as reliable - Nov 10, 2014.
P-values, the "gold standards" of statistical validity, are not as reliable; He Tweeted, She Tweeted: A Study on Romantic Breakups; A population density map of France from phone calls; Demystifying #DataScience.
- Top stories for Nov 2-8: Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning? Magic: Turn Webpage Into Data - Nov 10, 2014.
Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning?; 'Magic' - Quickest Way to Turn Webpage Into Data; Big Data Winter ahead - unless we change course, warns Michael Jordan.
- SemEval Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis Competition - Nov 9, 2014.
User-Generated content has resulted in an increased interest in sentiment mining, and with this, aspect-based sentiment analysis (ABSA). Develop new techniques in ABSA for ABSA15.
- October 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Nov 8, 2014.
October 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: DrivenData, Map-D, Microsoft buys Equivio, Alteryx, Cazena, Ello, Zoomdata, Cloudera buys DataPad, Tibco goes private.
- DATA SCIENCE BOOTCAMP in New York City, Jan – Apr 2015 - Nov 8, 2014.
Learn Data Science in 12 weeks with in-person expert instruction - learn designing, implementing, and communicating the results of a Data Science project, including Data Visualization, modern Big Data tools and Hadoop stack.
- How Analytics is Shaping HR Role In Business – White Paper - Nov 8, 2014.
Human resources has been shaped by data analytics in how it can provide insights into workforce management, leading to improved utilization of human capital and stronger business strategies.
- To Hire Quants, Fix Your Hiring Process - Nov 7, 2014.
Hiring talented quants requires an up-to-date hiring process including components like competitive salaries, special bonuses, expedient timelines, and that extra special touch to make your company stand out to quality candidates.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 5-6: Free access to Microsoft Azure Machine Learning; 2 ways Big Data can make us happier - Nov 7, 2014.
Good news for Data Scientists! Free access to Microsoft Azure Machine Learning; 100 Years of Computer Science and 10 academic papers that changed computing; Internet Saturated Nations; For every job-seeker in #BigData sector there are 3.6 jobs.
- Big Data Comic Explains the Current State of Privacy - Nov 7, 2014.
A new comic from Al Jazeera simplifies the Big Data concepts and educates on the privacy concerns based on recent technology advancements.
- Clarity Solution Group: Data engineers - Nov 7, 2014.
Looking for highly talented and motivated data engineers, to travel to client site and use diverse technical tools to help deliver high impact insights from structured and unstructured datasets.
- Berkeley Michael Jordan says Big Data is transformative, not a delusion - Nov 7, 2014.
Machine Learning expert Michael Jordan is dismayed by the misleading "The Delusions of Big Data" title given to his interview, says Big Data not a delusion, but transformative, changing academia and society.
- Why the Fast Data world needs a proven and mature In-Memory Data Fabric? - Nov 6, 2014.
The exponential growth in demand for data processing is leading to immense interest in In-Memory Computing. GridGain In-Memory Data Fabric has now been accepted into the Apache Incubator program.
- The Future of Analytics: 3 Predictions for BI in 2015 - Nov 6, 2014.
A look at business intelligence in the year to come, in light of the latest developments in the industry: data keeps growing, companies demand self-service and agile software, and in-memory technology is forced to face its limitations.
- NTU MSc Data Analytics for Business - Nov 6, 2014.
Students in this part-time Multidisciplinary Masters will leverage knowledge across 9 academic schools and in consultation with faculty conduct a 3-6 month unique work-based project.
- Stanford: Online Certificates in Data Mining and Management - Nov 6, 2014.
Learn the science and art of managing people, products, processes, and data with from Stanford world-famous faculty with online courses like "Mining Massive Data Sets" or "Intro to Statistical Learning".
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 3-4: A population density map of France derived from 1B cellphone call records - Nov 5, 2014.
A population density map of France derived from 1B cellphone call records; IBM Insight 2014; A reminder from Lockheed Martin that #BigData can be a slow process; The key language a Data Scientist should master is not R or Python, but Business.
- BYU: PhD Studentship in Data Mining / Machine Learning - Nov 5, 2014.
PhD Studentship in the Data Mining Laboratory at BYU available to students interested in meta-learning, computational health science, social network analysis, and applications of data mining.
- ‘Magic’ – Quickest Way to Turn Webpage Into Data - Nov 5, 2014.
Import.io's new feature - 'Magic' allows users to instantly turn web pages into tables of data: No Plugins, No Training, No Setup. Learn More.
- Apple: Data Scientist - Nov 5, 2014.
The Maps Supply Chain Management team is looking for a skilled, experienced, and motivated Data Scientist to help us discover patterns and quality issues with our local data sets.
- STRATA + Hadoop World 2014 NYC Report - Nov 5, 2014.
Strata + Hadoop World this year included workshops on subjects like Spark, R, and Python, interesting keynotes, and impressive detailed technical talks on subjects on Hadoop and new trends in big data.
- More Data Mining with Weka - Nov 5, 2014.
Explore deeper tools and techniques using Weka in More Data Mining with Weka, a followup course to Data Mining with Weka, provided by University of Waikato.
- KDnuggets 14:n29, Big Data Winter ahead? Wikibon Big Data takeaways; LIONoso - Nov 5, 2014.
Big Data Winter ahead - unless we change course; Wikibon Big Data Capital Markets Day key takeaways; DrivenData: Data Science Competitions for Social Good, and more analytics, big data, data mining, and data science stories.
- UBS: Recommender System Specialist - Nov 4, 2014.
Analyze and interpret large amounts of client data in order to identify the specific needs of distinct client groups and to finally work up personalized investment proposals.
- PAW San Francisco – Four Co-located Analytics Events, March 2015 - Nov 4, 2014.
Attend the leading, world-renown events in predictive analytics and text analytics in San Francisco, Spring 2015, and build your skillset and knowledge. Register with Super Early Bird Pricing and KDnuggets discount.
- Course: Practical Machine Learning for Engineers, New York, Nov 10-12 - Nov 4, 2014.
Learn the fundamental concepts of machine learning by working on a dataset of moderate size, using open source software tools. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Top stories in October: Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning? - Nov 4, 2014.
Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning, make other algorithms obsolete?; DM Radio: Predictive Tools Are Pervasive, with KDnuggets; Mirador, a free tool for visual exploration.
- Comprehensive Data Science Training by Salford Systems, Dec 3-5, Online or San Diego - Nov 4, 2014.
Learn the basics tree-structured data mining with CART, and progress to more advanced topics including Linear, Logistic, Nonlinear, Regularized, Lasso, MARS, TreeNet (Stochastic Gradient Boosting) and RandomForests(r), including Latest Refinements and Model Compression.