- Valuable Data Products: Answers to Career Questions and More - Oct 21, 2016.
Collecting high quality data from various resources and turning it into data products is one of the ways to monetize data in today’s digital economy. Lets take a deeper look into it.
- 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Machine Learning Career - Oct 21, 2016.
A carefully-curated list of 5 free ebooks to help you better understand the various aspects of what machine learning, and skills necessary for a career in the field.
- KDnuggets Top Blogger: An Interview with Ajit Jaokar, on IoT and Data Science - Oct 21, 2016.
Ajit Jaokar, a leading expert in the field, shares his views on evolution of IoT, Data Science, Smart Cities, the promise and dangers of AI, and encouraging young people.
- NVIDIA: Deep Learning Library Software Development Engineer - Oct 20, 2016.
To researchers and companies are using GPUs to power a revolution in deep learning, enabling breakthroughs in problems from image classification to speech recognition to natural language processing. Join the team which is building software which will be used by the entire world.
- Jupyter Notebook Best Practices for Data Science - Oct 20, 2016.
Check out this overview of Jupyter notebook best practices as pertains to data science. Novice or expert, you may find something of use here.
- Top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science in 2016 - Oct 20, 2016.
Big Data and Analytics became the largest group. Overall engagement rates decline, but liking a post is 6.5 times more common than commenting. Machine Learning & Data Science, KDnuggets, and Data Scientists have the highest engagement levels.
- Evolution of the Data Scientist Through the Decade: What’s Changed - Oct 20, 2016.
Evolution is the truth of mankind and it’s inevitable. We all are evolutionizing everyday biologically as well as technologically and so do our roles and responsibilities. Here is the summary of evolution of Data Scientist role and it’s hiring trends in industry throughout the decade.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 12-18: #DeepLearning Key Terms, Explained; Free Foundations of #DataScience text PDF - Oct 20, 2016.
#DeepLearning Key Terms, Explained; Free Foundations of #DataScience text PDF; Top 12 Interesting Careers to Explore in #BigData; #ICYMI The 10 Algorithms #MachineLearning Engineers Need to Know
- A Beginner’s Guide to Neural Networks with Python and SciKit Learn 0.18! - Oct 20, 2016.
This post outlines setting up a neural network in Python using Scikit-learn, the latest version of which now has built in support for Neural Network models.
- Top Data Scientist Daniel Tunkelang on Data Science Project Scope… and Reducing It - Oct 19, 2016.
Respected Data Scientist Daniel Tunkelang shares some insight into problems lying at the crossroads of software engineering and data science, and prescribes one major solution: reduce scope!
- NVIDIA: Developer Technology Engineer – Autonomous Driving - Oct 19, 2016.
Seeking a Developer Technology Engineer – Autonomous Driving to be a member of the automotive team. The candidate will be responsible for working with cutting-edge applications of Deep Learning, computer vision and image processing on NVIDIA’s next-generation automotive products.
- NVIDIA: Technical Account Manager - Oct 19, 2016.
Seeking a Technical Account Manager/Sales Engineer to join the team supporting development and sales activities for the Facebook account with a focus across multiple domains including: Artificial Intelligence, Video, Virtual Reality, Server Design and Data Center Integration.
- NVIDIA: Solution Architect (Eastern Region) - Oct 19, 2016.
Seeking a world-class engineer/scientist for an exciting role as a Solutions Architect. Work with the most exciting high-performance computing hardware, software and impactful projects.
- NVIDIA: Director for Autonomous Vehicle Localization and Mapping - Oct 19, 2016.
Seeking a Director for Autonomous Vehicle Localization and Mapping, requiring someone who can formulate and execute a technical roadmap from architectural specification through the full lifecycle of the product in the field.
- What is emotion analytics and why is it important? - Oct 19, 2016.
In today’s Internet world, humans express their Emotions, Sentiments and Feelings via text/comments, emojis, likes and dislikes. Understanding the true meanings behind the combinations of these electronic symbols is very crucial and this is what this article explains.
- NVIDIA: Senior Deep Learning R&D Engineer – Autonomous Driving - Oct 19, 2016.
Seeking a Senior Deep Learning R&D Engineer, with the opportunity to innovate from algorithms, to system design, to processor architecture and see your work used in cars all over the world.
- NVIDIA: Senior Research Scientist (Deep Learning) - Oct 19, 2016.
Seeking a Senior Research Scientist (Deep Learning) to conceive deep learning approaches to solving particular product problems, construct and curate large problem specific datasets, and design and implement machine learning techniques aimed at solving specific problems.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n37, Oct 19: Top Data Science Videos; 12 Interesting Big Data Careers; Deep Learning Key Terms - Oct 19, 2016.
Top 10 Data Science Videos on YouTube; Top 12 Interesting Careers to Explore in Big Data; Deep Learning Key Terms, Explained; Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks, Explained; MLDB: The Machine Learning Database
- Intellectual Ventures Lab: Sr. Machine Learning Algorithm Development Software Engineer - Oct 18, 2016.
Seeking a Senior Machine-Learning Algorithm Development Software Engineer to provide technical leadership to fast-paced machine-learning development projects.
- European Machine Intelligence Landscape - Oct 18, 2016.
This post outlines the European machine intelligence landscape, which, until recently, has been under-appreciated in its contribution to the innovation and commercialisation of machine intelligence technologies.
- Clustering Key Terms, Explained - Oct 18, 2016.
Getting started with Data Science or need a refresher? Clustering is among the most used tools of Data Scientists. Check out these 10 Clustering-related terms and their concise definitions.
- PAW Business, NYC Oct 23-27: Last Chance to Save - Oct 18, 2016.
Predictive Analytics World for Business comes to the Jacob Javits Center in New York City, October 23-27. Register by October 22 and get $350 off of onsite rates when combined with KDnuggets reader discount!
- LinkedIn Knowledge Graph – KDnuggets Interview - Oct 18, 2016.
We interview LinkedIn about their recently published LinkedIn Knowledge Graph which connects their many millions of members, jobs, companies, and more.
- Regis University MS in Data Science Now Offered On Campus - Oct 17, 2016.
Regis University is proud to announce a new on-campus option for our Master of Science in Data Science program, starting January 2017 in Denver, CO.
- Top Stories, Oct 10-16: Deep Learning Key Terms, Explained; Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks, Explained - Oct 17, 2016.
Deep Learning Key Terms, Explained; Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks, Explained; Top 12 Interesting Careers to Explore in Big Data; Data Preparation Tips, Tricks, and Tools: An Interview with the Insiders; Here's How IT Departments are Using Big Data
- MLDB: The Machine Learning Database - Oct 17, 2016.
MLDB is an opensource database designed for machine learning. Send it commands over a RESTful API to store data, explore it using SQL, then train machine learning models and expose them as APIs.
- Top 10 Data Science Videos on Youtube - Oct 17, 2016.
Learning and the future are the key topics in the recent Youtube videos on Data Science. The main questions revolve around: “how to become a Data Scientist”, “what is a data scientist”, and “where data science is going”. But why there is so little explanation of data science to the masses?
- Data Science + Criminal Justice - Oct 17, 2016.
The nation needs brilliant, creative minds to lead the next generation of crime forecasting. Enter the competition sponsored by National Institute of Justice to help improve policing and public safety with data science. $1.2 Million will be awarded.
- Deep Learning meets Deep Deployment - Oct 17, 2016.
We now have a deep learning model that is able to deliver valuable results, but how can we apply it easily to new data where and when we need to?
- Equifax: Strategic Data Performance Analyst - Oct 14, 2016.
Seeking a Strategic Data Performance Analyst, responsible for leading analytic initiatives pertaining to maximizing the effectiveness of EWS data assets, including: Data Quality Analysis and Improvement, Data Valuation Analytics, Data Usage Analytics, and Customer Profiling.
- Equifax: Senior Statistical Modeler - Oct 14, 2016.
Seeking a rare hybrid of business professional and data scientist, to lead the development of customer risk and decisioning models, consumer-level and aggregate attributes, and HR predictive models among others.
- Equifax: Senior Director, Search-Match & Data-Linking - Oct 14, 2016.
Seeking an individual for gathering requirements, interfacing with relevant business partners across the enterprise, and developing and executing against a comprehensive search-match and data-linking roadmap for Equifax Workforce Solutions.
- Rexer Analytics Data Science Survey Highlights - Oct 14, 2016.
Regression, Decision Trees, and Cluster analysis remain the most commonly used algorithms in the field, R continues to ascend, job satisfaction remains high, but customer understanding still needs improvement.
- Equifax: Metadata Expert - Oct 14, 2016.
Seeking a Metadata Expert to support the business needs of the Information Management Data Governance enterprise-wide metadata repository.
- Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks, Explained - Oct 14, 2016.
This article is meant to explain the concepts of AI, deep learning, and neural networks at a level that can be understood by most non-practitioners, and can also serve as a reference or review for technical folks as well.
- Strata Hadoop 2016: Fast Data and Robots - Oct 14, 2016.
Did you miss Strata Hadoop World conference this year?? No worries! Want to know “how exciting it was”? Lets hear it from an expert in her own words.
- NYU Stern – Master of Science in Business Analytics - Oct 14, 2016.
The NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics is the only premier global degree program of its kind designed for senior level professionals focused on the intersection of business strategy and data science. Deadline is November 1, 2016.
- K2 Data Science Bootcamp - Oct 14, 2016.
This online, part-time immersive data science bootcamp is geared to help working professional become data scientists in 24 weeks, with live lectures, one-on-one supports, group study sessions, and more. Next session starts Jan 9, 2017.
- Data Preparation Tips, Tricks, and Tools: An Interview with the Insiders - Oct 14, 2016.
Data preparation and preprocessing tasks constitute a high percentage of any data-centric operation. In order to provide some insight, we have asked a pair of experts to answer a few questions on the subject.
- EDISON Data Science Framework to define the Data Science Profession - Oct 14, 2016.
EDISON Data Science Framework provides conceptual, instructional and policy components required to establish the Data Science profession.
- Novel Tensor Mining Tool to Enable Automated Modeling - Oct 13, 2016.
A tensor - a multidimensional matrix - is ideal for modeling multiaspect data, such as social interactions, which can be characterized by the means of communication, who is interacting, and the time and location of the interaction, for example.
- Equifax: Employee Analytics Leader - Oct 13, 2016.
Seeking a business leader and strategist responsible for managing a team of statisticians and data analysts in executing on projects and initiatives supporting the Employer Services division of Equifax Workforce Solutions.
- Equifax: Data Visualization Engineer - Oct 13, 2016.
Seeking a Data Visualization Engineer to support and to develop solutions that will foster data driven decision making. You will work on large-scale datasets in our Big Data platform transforming data, aggregating key metrics and building interactive visualizations.
- Equifax: Data Strategy Leader - Oct 13, 2016.
Seeking a high-performing team leader who is an expert in data structures, information platforms and analytical solutions, capable of both designing and developing innovative data and analytical solutions, and managing a team of industry-leading data and business analysts.
- How to Get Stuff Done at a Data Startup - Oct 13, 2016.
This post is a followup to how to structure data science teams, with a focus on how we get stuff done. The same principles we follow can be applied at your data startup or data science team.
- Apache: Big Data Europe (Nov. 14-16) – Leading Event for Big Data Technologists - Oct 13, 2016.
Apache: Big Data Europe (Nov 14-16, Seville, Spain) will gather together the Apache projects, people and technologies working in Big Data, ubiquitous computing and data engineering and science to educate, collaborate and connect. Register by Nov 3 to save over $250!
- The R Graph Gallery Data Visualization Collection - Oct 13, 2016.
Welcome to the R graph gallery, a collection of R graph examples, organized by chart type, searchable by R function, with reproducible code and explanation.
- Zaireo: Data Scientist - Oct 13, 2016.
Zaireo, working to build happier, healthier relationships, is looking for a Data Scientist with programming experience to help in the collection, categorisation and use of natural language data.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 05-11: Most Active #DataScientists on #Github; Why Not So Hadoop? - Oct 12, 2016.
Most Active #DataScientists, Free Books, Notebooks & Tutorials on #Github; Why Not So Hadoop?; Free #MachineLearning text PDF, from theory to algorithms; Top @reddit #MachineLearning Posts September.
- Top 12 Interesting Careers to Explore in Big Data - Oct 12, 2016.
From data driven strategies to decision making, the true worth of Big Data has been realized, and has led to opening up of amazing career choices. Check out these 12 interesting careers to explore in Big Data.
- Zynga: Principal Data Scientist - Oct 12, 2016.
Seeking a Principal Data Scientist to identify and formalize problems predicting user behavior, and to create and implement your models to find solutions. Innovative individuals wanted; be creative, use every bit of our rich and abundant data.
- Predictive Science: Data Scientist - Oct 12, 2016.
Seeking a a freelance Data Scientist who can work with Fortune 1000 companies and other companies around the world to help them take on challenging data problems that can provide high impact results.
- Deep Learning Key Terms, Explained - Oct 12, 2016.
Gain a beginner's perspective on artificial neural networks and deep learning with this set of 14 straight-to-the-point related key concept definitions.
- CAP Certification Program: What’s on the Exam? - Oct 12, 2016.
We look behind the curtain at the CAP Certification program designed to measure analytics professional’s knowledge across seven unique areas of the analytics process,
- Expert Webinars: the Future of Big Data, Oct 19; How recommendation systems works, Oct 20 - Oct 12, 2016.
By 2020, almost every company will derive value and earn revenue from data. This webinar will explain how Big Data and its related technologies are growing today – and what they might look like tomorrow.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n36, Oct 12: Battle of the Data Science Venn Diagrams; 9 Bizarre and Surprising Insights; ROI in Big Data Analytics - Oct 12, 2016.
Battle of the Data Science Venn Diagrams; Top September Stories in KDnuggets; Open Images Dataset; Still Searching for ROI in Big Data Analytics?
- Top 10 KDnuggets Blog Posts, looking back a year - Oct 11, 2016.
Have a look at our top blog posts of Q4 2015, some of which continue to be among the most popular on our site, while others are still topical and warrant a second look.
- Webinar: Predictive Analytics: Failure to Launch [Oct 13] - Oct 11, 2016.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is Oct 13.
- Humans & Machines Ethics Framework: Assessing Machine Learning Influence - Oct 11, 2016.
Humans & Machines Ethics Canvas’ main goal is to be a guide for critical thinking throughout the ethical decision-making process. It acts as a value system and an ethics framework to assess the influence of machine learning and software development while developing a system for individuals, teams, and organisations.
- Predictive Analytics World: Hot Topics in Analytics for Healthcare - Oct 11, 2016.
PAW for Healthcare - Oct 23-27 in New York - brings together top predictive analytics experts, practitioners, authors, and healthcare thought leaders to discuss concrete examples of deployed predictive analytics. Save with code KDN150.
- KDnuggets Top Bloggers in September – Gold and Silver badges - Oct 11, 2016.
We recognize KDnuggets Best Guest Bloggers who had the most popular or most shared posts in September 2016:
- Here’s How IT Departments are Using Big Data - Oct 10, 2016.
The use cases for big data are clear when it comes to areas like marketing, healthcare, and retail, but IT’s use of big data is a little less clear. Recently, however, some IT departments are finding ways to use big data to improve their individual operations along with that of the entire organization.
- Top Stories, Oct 3-9: Battle of the Data Science Venn Diagrams; Automated Data Science & Machine Learning: An Interview with the Auto-sklearn Team - Oct 10, 2016.
Battle of the Data Science Venn Diagrams; Automated Data Science & Machine Learning: An Interview with the Auto-sklearn Team; The 10 Algorithms Machine Learning Engineers Need to Know; Top Algorithms and Methods Used by Data Scientists; Biggest Issues in Data Science
- Do Multipliers Trump Big Data Analytics? - Oct 10, 2016.
Multipliers and Big Data analytics are tightly integrated. Multipliers feed into and improve the accuracy of our analytics, while analytics feed into and improve the accuracy of our multipliers. They should be used together at all levels of the organization.
- Data Natives, Europe Data Science conference, Oct 26-28, Berlin – KDnuggets Offer - Oct 10, 2016.
Join us as we explore key areas of technology driving innovation and the next wave of billion dollar startups. Register now with the code DN2016KDN35 and get a 35% discount on tickets.
- Top September Stories: Top Algorithms and Methods Used by Data Scientists - Oct 8, 2016.
Also A Beginner's Guide To Understanding Convolutional Neural Networks; Data Science for IoT: 10 Differences; 9 Key Deep Learning Papers, Explained.
- The Evolution of Classification, Oct 19, Oct 26 Webinars - Oct 7, 2016.
Join us for this two part webinar series on the Evolution of Classification, presented by Senior Scientist, Mikhail Golovnya.
- Predictive Analytics.
Max Results. Min Time. - Oct 7, 2016.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with immersive hands-on training and goal-driven strategy. Get this training with TMA courseware, which spans all skill levels and analytic team roles - Wash-DC in October or Live Online in November.
- Adversarial Validation, Explained - Oct 7, 2016.
This post proposes and outlines adversarial validation, a method for selecting training examples most similar to test examples and using them as a validation set, and provides a practical scenario for its usefulness.
- Microsoft: Principal Data Scientist - Oct 7, 2016.
Microsoft is seeking intelligent people to dive into data, make sense of it, and leverage data to solve large-scale problems Microsoft’s products.
- Temple University: Data Science Faculty Positions - Oct 7, 2016.
Seeking data scientists who are developing methods and systems to collect, process, and analyze large amounts of data, as well as techniques to extract and visualize knowledge for various application domains.
- Still Searching for ROI in Big Data Analytics? You’re Not Alone! - Oct 7, 2016.
Are businesses getting the ROI they desire given the hype around big data analytics? With all the promises of big data analytics, why are more than half the companies still in the red with respect to analytics investments?
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, September: Open Images Dataset; Whopping Deep Learning Grant; Advanced ML Courseware - Oct 7, 2016.
Google Research announces the Open Images dataset; Canadian Government Deep Learning Research grant; DeepMind: WaveNet - A Generative Model for Raw Audio; Machine Learning in a Year - From total noob to using it at work; Phd-level machine learning courses; xkcd: Linear Regression
- The Coronation of Predictive Analytics: A Four-Year Retrospective - Oct 6, 2016.
The highlights from The Burtch Works Study: Salaries of Predictive Analytics Professionals 2016, which examines updated compensation and demographic data on over 1,200 analytics professionals across the US.
- UMBC: Data Science/Big Data Faculty Positions - Oct 6, 2016.
UMBC is seeking qualified candidates with research interests and experience in Data Science, a research area with high growth and impact in environmental sciences, health care, security, applied statistics and others.
- ACI Worldwide: Data Scientist - Oct 6, 2016.
Seeking a Data Scientist in Providence, RI, to develop predictive models for clients in the finance, retail and telecommunications industries utilizing a variety of statistical, machine learning, pattern recognition, and artificial intelligence algorithms.
- Battle of the Data Science Venn Diagrams - Oct 6, 2016.
First came Drew Conway's data science Venn diagram. Then came all the rest. Read this comparative overview of data science Venn diagrams for both the insight into the profession and the humor that comes along for free.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 28-Oct 4: 7 Steps to Mastering SQL for #DataScience; Biggest Issues in #DataScience - Oct 5, 2016.
7 Steps to Mastering SQL for #DataScience; New Andrew Ng #MachineLearning #Book Under Construction, #Free Draft Chapters; Top #DataScientist Claudia Perlich on Biggest Issues in #DataScience; Awesome Public Datasets on GitHub
- University of Notre Dame: Data Science Consultant - Oct 5, 2016.
Seeking a Data Science Consultant with expertise in a quantitative social science discipline and advanced technical skills to support research activities undertaken at the University of Notre Dame.
- Emory University: Lecturer in Computer Science - Oct 5, 2016.
Seeking an individual to contribute to the service and scholarship of the department, which spans the core areas of theory and systems with outstanding faculty strengths in data-related areas.
- 9 Bizarre and Surprising Insights from Data Science - Oct 5, 2016.
The petabytes of information currently available to analysts amounts to a boundless playing field of possible truths.
- Statistics.com new courses: Anomaly Detection, Meta Analysis, IoT, Deep Learning, Spatial Analytics - Oct 5, 2016.
Five new courses from Statistics.com, fully online and asynchronous - interact with leading experts in private forums. Use promo code “kdn2016” for $50 off any course.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n35, Oct 5: Biggest Issues in Data Science; Data Science for IoT: 10 differences - Oct 5, 2016.
Biggest Issues in Data Science; Data Mining vs. Statistics; Data Science for Internet of Things (IoT): 10 Differences; Active Big Data, Data Science Leaders on LinkedIn.
- Hot Topics in Analytics for Healthcare - Oct 4, 2016.
PAW for Healthcare - Oct 23-27 in New York - brings together top predictive analytics experts, practitioners, authors, and healthcare thought leaders to discuss concrete examples of deployed predictive analytics. Save with code KDN150.
- Boston University Online MS in Applied Business Analytics Management - Oct 4, 2016.
BU online MS degree can help you advance across industries and enhance your business acumen and analytical skills - download your brochure today!
- Automated Data Science & Machine Learning: An Interview with the Auto-sklearn Team - Oct 4, 2016.
This is an interview with the authors of the recent winning KDnuggets Automated Data Science and Machine Learning blog contest entry, which provided an overview of the Auto-sklearn project. Learn more about the authors, the project, and automated data science.
- Academic/Research positions in Business Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in September 2016 - Oct 4, 2016.
Postdoc on Data Mining at Umea (Sweden); Faculty Position in Data Exploration at Emory (Atlanta); Professor, Business Analytics at U. of Iowa; CS Faculty - Data Analytics (open rank) at Rowan U; and more.
- ODSC West 2016 Applied Data Science Conference (Nov 4-6, Santa Clara), Reveals Keys to Being A Great Data Scientist - Oct 4, 2016.
Being a good data scientist takes a lot of effort. Staying relevant, making the right connections and consistently upgrading your skill set is essential. So, what steps have you taken this year to launch your data science career to the highest level? Use code ODSC-KDN to save.
- Beginner’s Guide to Apache Flink – 12 Key Terms, Explained - Oct 4, 2016.
We review 12 core Apache Flink concepts, to better understand what it does and how it works, including streaming engine terminology.
- U. of San Francisco: Assistant or Associate Professor, Business Analytics - Oct 4, 2016.
We seek an individual excited about collaborating to develop and deliver innovative learning experiences to undergraduate business students to prepare them to improve real-world organizational performance using models, data, and analysis.