- Top stories for Aug 23-29: How to become a Data Scientist for Free; Big Data is Out, Machine Learning is in - Aug 30, 2015.
How to become a Data Scientist for Free; Gartner 2015 Hype Cycle: Big Data is Out, Machine Learning is in; YCML Machine Learning library.
- O’Reilly Learning Paths – Data Science Training – reduced rate until Sep 2 - Aug 30, 2015.
O'Reilly Learning Paths will help you get learn Hadoop, Data Visualization, Data Science with R, Python for Data - until Sep 2 buy them for only $99.
- Join machine learning leaders at H2O World, Nov 9-11, early bird rates now - Aug 28, 2015.
Join H2O for 3-day machine learning conference, hear from top experts including Hilary Mason, Rob Tibshirani, and Stephen Boyd, participate in a hackathon and hands-on data science training.
- How to become a Data Scientist for Free - Aug 28, 2015.
Here are the most required skills for a data scientist position based on ReSkill’s analyses of thousands of job posts and free resources to learn each skill.
- Gartner 2015 Hype Cycle: Big Data is Out, Machine Learning is in - Aug 28, 2015.
Which are the most hyped technologies today? Check out Gartner's latest 2015 Hype Cycle Report. Autonomous cars & IoT stay at the peak while big data is losing its prominence. Smart Dust is a new cool technology for the next decade!
- What is the success rate in Hadoop adoption? - Aug 28, 2015.
Hadoop is no more an unknown term for the big data analytics, it’s to find its value return. Here, we tried to explore on the popular opinions of the Hadoop adopters, we also talk about current challenges for adoption.
- Data Hierarchy of Needs - Aug 28, 2015.
Data Hierarchy of Needs helps understand the steps in Big Data processing. Before going to advanced data modeling (top of the pyramid), organizations need to fill huge holes they frequently have in the base of the pyramid, lacking reliable complete data flow.
- Barclaycard, US: Data Director - Aug 27, 2015.
Lead the Data transformation of Barclaycard in US, provide a world-class Data Infrastructure and Applications enabling better customer/client experience and business growth.
- Statistical Learning and Data Mining: 10 Hot Ideas for Learning from Data, NYC, Oct 8-9 - Aug 27, 2015.
Taught by top Stanford professors and leading statisticians Trevor Hastie and Robert Tibshirani, this course presents 10 hot ideas for learning from data, and gives a detailed overview of statistical models for data mining, inference and prediction.
- A Beginner’s Guide to SQL - Aug 27, 2015.
SQL is one of the core skills of a data engineer and data scientist. This mini-tutorial explains the four fundamental SQL functions: Create, Read, Update, and Delete using a fun example of movie quotes database.
- 4 Problems with Big Data (And How to Solve Them) - Aug 27, 2015.
Big Data Innovation Summit returns to Boston, Sep 9-10, with 60+ sessions covering Big Data biggest problems (and how to solve them). Use code KD300 to save $300 off all two-day pass prices.
- Systematic Fraud Detection Through Automated Data Analytics in MATLAB - Aug 27, 2015.
Fraud detection is one of the most challenging use case considering the number of factors it depend on. Here, we demonstrate how using hedge fund data in MATLAB you can automate the process of acquiring and analyzing fraud detection data.
- Microsoft: Data Scientists in Redmond, Boston or Mountain View - Aug 26, 2015.
Our vision is to make machine learning cloud technology accessible to every enterprise, data scientist, developer, information worker, consumer, and device anywhere in the world.
- Microsoft: R Data Scientist. - Aug 26, 2015.
Are you passionate about R? Use it to solve real-world analysis and predictive modeling problems? Contribute packages and improvements to CRAN? If yes, talk to us about joining Microsoft Azure ML Data Science team.
- Microsoft: Data Scientist/Advanced Analytics Evangelist. - Aug 26, 2015.
Looking for people passionate about both data science and education - design and develop end-to-end data science solutions, and deliver them in both product-driven and educational contexts.
- 5 questions to decide if you need a data scientist - Aug 26, 2015.
Here are 5 questions to answer if you are thinking about hiring a data scientist. It depends not only on a person, but on the company culture, business problem and understanding its potential.
- Data Marts as an indispensable analytical tool - Aug 26, 2015.
An analytical Data Mart is in effective and user-friendly tool for reporting, analyses and modeling. Explore, how data marts could provide time saving, less error prone and streamline solution for your business problems.
- eBay: Data Scientist - Aug 26, 2015.
Responsible for analyzing the search engine performance in driving quality traffic to eBay marketplace; apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions.
- Southern Company: Web or Digital Analytics Technical Developer - Aug 26, 2015.
Support the digital or web analytic needs of all business units by implementing, configuring and supporting web analytical tools such as Webtrends, Adobe Analytics, or Google Analytics, etc.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n28, Aug 26: How long at your Analytics job? Paradoxes of Data Science; Big Data Security - Aug 26, 2015.
New Poll: How long did you stay at your analytics/data science job? Paradoxes of Data Science; HeroX Cognitive Computing Challenge; Information Management 10 IT Security Books for Big Data Scientists.
- Business Analytics & Business Intelligence Online Certificates & Degrees - Aug 25, 2015.
Here's a comprehensive list of Online graduate degrees and certificate programs in Business Analytics and Business Intelligence along with their curriculum & program costs. Most of these programs also have partnerships with industry certifications by market leaders.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 18-24: Machine Learning Certifications, #DataScience Bootcamps; AshleyMadison Data Analysis - Aug 25, 2015.
Ashley Madison Data analysis: 86% male, 30-46 is the trouble zone; Paradoxes of #DataScience examined; AI Market Overview and more visuals; MachineLearning Certifications and Best #DataScience Bootcamps.
- The stronghold of analytics events this fall - Aug 25, 2015.
5 upcoming analytics events to help you improve all of your days labors: PAW (Predictive Analytics World) Business, PAW Healthcare, eMetrics Summit, Predictive Analytics Times Executive Breakfast (all 4 in Boston), and PAW Government (DC). 15% off till Sep 7.
- OpenText Data Driven Digest Aug 21: College Majors, Hacking Glory, Innovation Performance - Aug 25, 2015.
The simple beauty of X-Y coordinates belies the power they hold; indeed, many of the best data visualizations created today rely on, and build upon, on the Cartesian plane concept to show complex data sets. Here are three examples.
- Walmart: Director Customer Analytics – Global Customer Insights & Analytics - Aug 24, 2015.
Manages and drives the development and management of a customer-level demand forecasting and analysis capability to inform on sources of customer profitability and strategic investments.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 25 and beyond - Aug 24, 2015.
Advance Speech Analytics, Mobile Analytics, Scraping data with import.io, Graph Analytics, Big Data Certification - which one, and more.
- YCML Machine Learning library on Github - Aug 24, 2015.
YCML is a new Machine Learning library available on Github as an Open Source (GPLv3) project. It can be used in iOS and OS X applications, and includes Machine Learning and optimization algorithms.
- 3 Reasons Big Data Projects Fail - Aug 24, 2015.
Download Lavastorm whitepaper: How to Overcome 3 Key Big Data Challenges - how to operationalize the results, how to enable ETL to handle complexities of Big Data, and more.
- H2O Deep Learning Webinar - Aug 24, 2015.
H2O.ai is a Google-scale open source machine learning engine for R and Big Data. This webinar introduces Distributed Deep Learning concepts, implementation and results from recent developments.
- Top stories for Aug 16-22: Computing Challenge: read a document, load database; Paradoxes of Data Science - Aug 23, 2015.
Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; R vs Python for Data Science; Cognitive Computing Challenge: read a document, load database; Paradoxes of Data Science.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata + Hadoop World, New York City, Sep 29 – Oct 1, 2015 - Aug 21, 2015.
Enter to win KDnuggets free pass to Strata + Hadoop World NYC - let us know what buzzword will replace "Big Data". Submit your entry by Aug 31, 2015.
- Predictive Analytics Healthcare, Hot topics, KDn offer - Aug 21, 2015.
PAW for Healthcare delivers case studies and expertise on how Predictive Analytics improves patient care, reduces costs, and more. Check hot topics and get KDnuggets offer.
- New Poll: How long did you stay at your analytics/data science job? - Aug 21, 2015.
Please vote: How long did you stay at your PREVIOUS analytics/data science job/position and how long to you expect to stay at your current one?
- EA: Research Data Scientist - Aug 21, 2015.
Use machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems in the gaming domain; Analyze and extract key insights from EA rich store of gamer and gameplay data.
- Paradoxes of Data Science - Aug 21, 2015.
There are many paradoxes, ironies and disconnects in today’s world of data science: pain points, things ignored, shoved under the rug, denied or paid lip.
- Adobe: Data Scientist – Engineering - Aug 21, 2015.
Help build the web next generation of products that will allow digital marketers to maximize revenue and expand their brand presence.
- The Data Science Conference, Chicago, Nov 12-13 – KDnuggets discount - Aug 21, 2015.
Get ready to attend "The Data Science Conference" at University of Chicago on Nov 12-13. An industry led speaker line up of 23+ data science experts and passionate data science professionals come together. Avail the KDnuggets Reader's discount offer.
- UDEL Certificate in Analytics: Optimizing Big Data, Sep 10 – Dec 17, Wilmington, DE - Aug 20, 2015.
The Certificate in Analytics at U. of Delaware is a great way to bolster your quantitative skills, while diving deeper into data analytics. Classes start Sep 10 in Wilmington, DE.
- IESEG (France): Ph.D. Candidates In Big Data Marketing Analytics - Aug 20, 2015.
Get support to engage in innovative business relevant research projects with high potential to get published in international peer-reviewed journals, be part of IÉSEG Center for Marketing Analytics team, and aim to get PhD in 3 years.
- NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics – Transform your career - Aug 20, 2015.
The NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics teaches experienced professionals how to understand the role of evidence-based data in decision-making and to leverage data as a valuable and predictive strategic asset.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Visual Intro to Machine Learning, Google new patent controversy, Deep Learning and famous art - Aug 20, 2015.
A Visual Introduction to Machine Learning, Why Google's new patent applications are alarming, Art with Google's Inceptionism code, Google Photo's algorithm gone wrong and a Neural network tutorial made it to the top this month!
- Information Management 10 IT Security Books for Big Data Scientists - Aug 20, 2015.
As the big data and cybersecurity markets converge with one another, each of these books examines new threats and new opportunities for data scientists who want to analyze and safeguard data.
- Catasys: Senior Data Analyst, Healthcare Services - Aug 19, 2015.
As key member of Infrastructure and Analytics dept, help analyze and mine large databases, design studies, develop models and address corporate analytics needs.
- Metis: Data Visualization with D3.js course, New York City, Sep 16 – Oct 28 - Aug 19, 2015.
Designed and taught by Kevin Quealy, Graphics Editor for the New York Times, this course is for anyone who wants to be proficient in the use of D3 and seeks expertise visualizing quantitative information. Enroll today!
- HeroX Cognitive Computing Challenge: read a document, load database with results - Aug 19, 2015.
HeroX launched the Cognitive Computing Challenge – a $200,000 USD incentive prize to build a cognitive system that can read a document, then accurately load a database with what it finds.
- Learn to Map Census Data in R – free email course - Aug 19, 2015.
The course, split into 5 lessons, is designed to teach people how to easily make beautiful and informative maps of US demographics. People start with US State maps and progress to county and zip code maps.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n27, Aug 19: Data Science MS/Certificates Online; Big idea to avoid overfitting; Largest Dataset Mined: trends - Aug 19, 2015.
Data Science, Analytics Online Degrees and Certificates; Where is Big Data? For most, Largest Dataset is in laptop-size Gigabytes ; 11 things to know about Sentiment Analysis; Recycling Deep Learning Models with Transfer Learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 11-17: Data Science Breakthrough in avoiding overfitting; Top Big Data, Data Science influencers - Aug 18, 2015.
Understanding #Convolution in #DeepLearning; Top #BigData #DataScience influencers @hmason @hackingdata @kirkdborne @flowingdata; Data Science Breakthrough in avoiding #overfitting: The reusable holdout method; R Programming: Where are 50,000 R programmers?
- Looker: Data at the Speed of Business, Sep 2 - Aug 18, 2015.
Learn how SnagAJob reinvented their data strategy with HP Vertica and Looker, including creating a centralized data experience for the entire company.
- Apache Drill Makes Big Data Analysis Easier for Everyone - Aug 18, 2015.
Apache Drill is an open source query engine that provides interactive and secure SQL analytics at the scale of petabytes. Provides data querying and exploring capabilities from varied NoSQL databases and file formats.
- Fortune 500 firm: Sr. Manager, Predictive Analytics and Data Science - Aug 18, 2015.
Lead team that responsible for model building and predictive analytic at a large and growing Fortune 500 Company, be responsible for algorithm building across the firm and leveraging operational data into business insight.
- A leading financial institution: BigData Analytics Developer - Aug 18, 2015.
A leading financial institution is looking for a BigData Analytics developer to design software, be expert resource, and help design, test, implement and support solutions.
- Poll Results: Where is Big Data? For most, Largest Dataset Analyzed is in laptop-size GB range - Aug 18, 2015.
A majority of data scientists (56%) work in Gigabyte dataset range. We note a small increase in Petabyte (web-scale) data miners, and a decline in Megabyte data miners. US, Australia/NZ, and Asia lead in percentage of Terabyte and Petabyte analysts.
- Anaconda Data Science Platform for R, Python, or both - Aug 18, 2015.
Got R, Python, or both? Download conda, the leading package and environment manager for data science, which works with both R and Python packages.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 18 and beyond - Aug 17, 2015.
Data Mining: Failure to Launch, Leveraging Data for Effective Data Visualization, Extracting Value from Hadoop, Build Smart Apps With Deep Learning APIs, and more.
- Big Idea To Avoid Overfitting: Reusable Holdout to Preserve Validity in Adaptive Data Analysis - Aug 17, 2015.
Big Data makes it all too easy find spurious "patterns" in data. A new approach helps avoid overfitting by using 2 key ideas: validation should not reveal any information about the holdout data, and adding of a small amount of noise to any validation result.
- Smartcon Dubai: Leadership for Data Driven Economy, November 23-24 - Aug 17, 2015.
Big data, and its wide range of innovative business applications will be discussed in smartcon 2015 in Dubai, 23th & 24th Nov at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, led by world-renowned experts including Alex Pentland, Amr Awadallah, and Dr. Michael Wu.
- NVIDIA: Senior Data Mining Analyst - Aug 16, 2015.
Fill a key role in our Business Planning & Analytics Team, the analytic hub of NVIDIA product marketing organization.
- Top stories for Aug 9-15: Data Science, Analytics Online Degrees/Certificates; Top influencers in Big Data, Data Science - Aug 16, 2015.
Data Science, Analytics, & Data Mining Online Degrees and Certificates; Key topics, top influencers in Big Data, Data Science; Overcoming Overfitting with the reusable holdout algorithm; 3 Key Components of a Successful Data Science Team.
- OpenText Data-Driven Digest, Aug 14 - Aug 15, 2015.
In three data visualizations, we dive into what you would see looking west or east across the ocean; the contours and makeup of the seabed; and the width of rivers throughout North America.
- EARL2015 Conference for users, developers of R, London (Sep 14-16) and Boston (Nov 2-4) - Aug 14, 2015.
The primary focus of both London and Boston Conferences is the commercial use and application of R across a broad range of business sectors.
- Recycling Deep Learning Models with Transfer Learning - Aug 14, 2015.
Deep learning exploits gigantic datasets to produce powerful models. But what can we do when our datasets are comparatively small? Transfer learning by fine-tuning deep nets offers a way to leverage existing datasets to perform well on new tasks.
- Nexon: Sr. Game Analyst - Aug 14, 2015.
Work closely with various internal teams to help drive innovation in our games through analytics, insights and data-driven decisions.
- July 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Aug 14, 2015.
July 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Quid, Oil/Gas, Palantir, Civis Analytics, KyvosInsights, AI Safety, Cybersecurity, and more.
- ITB Online MSc BI, Data Mining Q&A, Aug 26 - Aug 14, 2015.
Attend Live Q&A about ITB part-time Online MSc in Business Intelligence & Data Mining, designed for computing professionals who want to learn BI and Data Mining. Q&A is online Aug 26.
- Data Science, Analytics, & Data Mining Online Degrees and Certificates - Aug 13, 2015.
We present a comprehensive list of Online masters and graduate degree certificates in Data science, data mining, analytics & machine learning along with their curriculum & program costs.
- Rapidminer Webinar: Taming Hadoop – Extracting Value, Aug 20 - Aug 13, 2015.
Join Dr. Ingo Mierswa, RapidMiner CTO and leading EMA Analysts for a discussion on how to close the loop between predictive insights and action using big data analytics.
- 11 things to know about Sentiment Analysis - Aug 13, 2015.
Seth Grimes, a text analytics guru, shares 11 key observations on what works, what is past, what is coming, and what to keep in mind while doing sentiment analysis.
- Overcoming Overfitting with the reusable holdout: Preserving validity in adaptive data analysis - Aug 12, 2015.
Misapplication of statistical data analysis is a common cause of spurious discoveries in scientific research. We demonstrate a new approach for addressing the challenges of adaptivity based on insights from privacy-preserving data analysis.
- Predictive Analytics as an Engine Of R&D and New Product Launches - Aug 12, 2015.
Predictive analytics is not only the way to discover the underlying patterns, but it can also help you with innovation. Here, we discuss the ways to innovate by combining it with business logic, marketing and bridging demand supply factors.
- Corios LLC: Technical Project Manager - Aug 12, 2015.
We tell the stories the numbers cant; we believe business decisions are influenced not only by the measurement of behavior, but by synthesizing data-driven insights and our past experience to deliver the best interpretation and recommendations.
- Corios LLC: Analytics Consultant - Aug 12, 2015.
Contribute directly to client engagements, from data cleansing and development, to database integration, and developing/deploying analytic and predictive models.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n26, Aug 12: Big Data, Data Science top influencers; Hadoop or Spark? Or Flink? - Aug 12, 2015.
Top influencers in Big Data, Data Science; The Big "Big Data" Question: Hadoop or Spark? 3 Key Components of a Successful Data Science Team; Stefan Groschupf, CEO Datameer, on why SQL on Hadoop is a bad idea.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 04-10: Survival analysis in R – step by step guide - Aug 11, 2015.
Survival analysis in R - step by step guide; Neural Nets, AI and Deep Learning journey to acceptance; Data is Ugly - Tales of Data Cleaning; Apache Flink and the case for #stream processing #BigData #Analytics.
- PAW: The Fall Four – Score early bird rates at 4 predictive analytics events this fall - Aug 11, 2015.
Whether you want to captain predictive analytics efforts in the worlds of business, healthcare and government or you simply would like a predictive analytics warm-up, PAW has the event to match you. Use KDN150 to save.
- Consumer and Market Research Info Kit - Aug 11, 2015.
JMP free info kit helps you determine the best ways to meet and shape customer needs. It includes a webcast interview on the Voice of the Customer, a chapter from "Numbersense" book, a demo on planning with predictive modeling, and more.
- RightRelevance helps find key topics, top influencers in Big Data, Data Science, and Beyond - Aug 11, 2015.
RightRelevance leverages the social web to find key topics and top influencers in many areas, from Big Data to emergency medicine. We use it to identify top influencers in Big Data, Data Science, and Data Mining.
- Book: Practical Text Analytics - Aug 11, 2015.
New publication provides guidance on the application of text analytics for marketing professionals who must interpret results and apply them in their campaigns.
- Top July stories: 50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism - Aug 11, 2015.
50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism; Can deep learning help find the perfect date? Impact of IoT on Big Data Landscape.
- Big Data Innovation, Boston, Sep 9-10: a fresh perspective - Aug 11, 2015.
Big Data Innovation Summit (next in Boston, Sep 9-10) is your best chance to gain the tips and tricks of the trade. Get $300 off with code KD300.