- AI & Machine Learning Black Boxes: The Need for Transparency and Accountability - Apr 25, 2017.
When something goes wrong, as it inevitably does, it can be a daunting task discovering the behavior that caused an event that is locked away inside a black box where discoverability is virtually impossible.
- The AI Conference – continue the conversation, San Francisco, June 2 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 21, 2017.
AI Conference will focus on emerging technology with a specific focus around projects, teams and people who are working on Artificial General Intelligence and related topics. Use code KDnuggets to save on tickets.
- Artificial Intelligence Conference from O’Reilly Media, NYC, June 26-29 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 20, 2017.
AI is the hottest technology now. The organizers of Strata + Hadoop World Conferences are bring you new conference on AI in NYC in June. Use code PCKDNG to save.
- Putting Alexa to Work: Moving Conversational UI from Hype to Reality - Apr 19, 2017.
The rise of conversational UI signals exciting progress for the BI world but there are pitfalls to be avoided. This blog presents 3 considerations for guiding your conversational UI implementation to ensure success and maximize the value of your data analytics.
- The dynamics between AI and IoT - Apr 18, 2017.
We see the need for a new type of Engineer who will combine knowledge from Electronics & IoT with Machine learning, AI, Robotics, Cloud and Data management (devops).
- Cartoon: Taxes, Artificial Intelligence, and Humans - Apr 15, 2017.
In honor of Tax Day, new KDnuggets Cartoon looks at an unexpected white-collar job that may resist automation and Machine Learning.
- Speaker Introduction for the Deep Learning Summit & Deep Learning in Healthcare Summit in Boston, 25-26 May (KDnuggets Offer) - Apr 13, 2017.
Explore the latest advancements in deep learning and their applications in industry and healthcare at the Deep Learning Summit and Deep Learning in Healthcare Summit in Boston, 25-26 May. Use discount code KDNUGGETS to save 20% off all tickets.
- Train AI 2017 is about what takes 90% of Data Scientist work, May 17, San Francisco, KDnuggets Offer - Apr 10, 2017.
Train AI comes to San Francisco on May 17, 2017, and focuses on everything except the algorithm - the training data and feature selection and deployment issues that end up being 90% of the work. KDnuggets readers get 30% off registration with code KDAI30.
- A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence - Apr 7, 2017.
This post is a brief outline of what happened in artificial intelligence in the last 60 years. A great place to start or brush up on your history.
- AI in Healthcare Summit, San Francisco, June 26-27 – KDnuggets Offer - Apr 6, 2017.
From care delivery to care coordination, diagnostics to population health management - AI, machine learning, big data, and cognitive computing are revolutionizing healthcare systems worldwide. Don't get left behind! Use code KDN15 to save.
- Putting Together A Full-Blooded AI Maturity Model - Apr 5, 2017.
Here is a proposed “7A” model that is useful enough to capture of the core of what AI offers without falsely implying there is a static body of best practices in this area.
- What is AI? Ingredients for Intelligence - Apr 3, 2017.
This introductory overview of artificial intelligence acts as a layman's guide what AI is, and what it is made up of.
- Key Takeaways from Strata + Hadoop World 2017 San Jose, Day 2 - Mar 29, 2017.
The focus is increasingly shifting from storing and processing Big Data in an efficient way, to applying traditional and new machine learning techniques to drive higher value from the data at hand.
- The Next Challenges for Reinforcement Learning - Mar 28, 2017.
Despite the recent success of RL, there is still a lot of work to be done before it will become a mainstream technique. In this blog-post, we look at some of the remaining challenges that are currently being studied.
- Unsupervised Investments: A Comprehensive Guide to AI Investors - Mar 24, 2017.
This article presents a list of 80 funds investing in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 15-21: Reverse-engineering a $500M AI company in one week; Climate Change Denial and CO2 Emissions - Mar 22, 2017.
Also Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman - The Elements of Statistical Learning Book PDF; Getting Close and Personal w. #MachineLearning #Algorithms; Open Source Toolkits for Speech Recognition.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n11, Mar 22: 50 Companies Leading The AI Revolution; 17 More Must-Know Data Science Q&A, part 3 - Mar 22, 2017.
Also 7 Types of Data Scientist Job Profiles; Email Spam Filtering: An Implementation with Python and Scikit-learn.
- Accenture: Artificial Intelligence Experienced Researcher - Mar 16, 2017.
Seeking an experienced well-rounded artificial intelligence researcher with a passion for using AI to help us redesign how we solve critical applied business problems for the world’s largest firms.
- 50 Companies Leading The AI Revolution, Detailed - Mar 16, 2017.
We detail 50 companies leading the Artificial Intelligence revolution in AD Sales, CRM, Autotech, Business Intelligence and analytics, Commerce, Conversational AI/Bots, Core AI, Cyber-Security, Fintech, Healthcare, IoT, Vision, and other areas.
- Cartoon: What Happens When AI Masters the March Madness - Mar 14, 2017.
March Madness college basketball phenomenon is underway. New KDnuggets Cartoon looks at what happens when AI masters the March Madness.
- Predictions for Data Science in 2017 - Mar 2, 2017.
Our predictions include: 2017 will be the year of Deep Learning (DL) technology, Artificial General Intelligence is still far away, Software and Hardware Progress will accelerate, and AI will have unexpected socio-political implications.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 22-28: 50 Companies Leading the #AI Revolution; #AI Nanodegree Program Syllabus - Mar 1, 2017.
50 Companies Leading the #AI Revolution; #AI Nanodegree Program Syllabus: Term 1, In Depth; What is a Support Vector Machine, and Why Would I Use it?; 6 Easy Steps to Learn Naive #Bayes Algorithm (with code in #Python).
- AI & Machine Learning World, London, 13-15 June 2017 – KDnuggets Offer - Feb 21, 2017.
AI & Machine Learning World, part of London Tech Week, brings together global thought leaders who have driven the adoption of machine learning within global enterprises. Use code TEC6245KD to save.
- Why Go Long on Artificial Intelligence? - Feb 17, 2017.
We are now at the right place and time for AI to be the set of technology advancements that can help us solve challenges where answers reside in data. While we have already seen a few AI bull and bear markets since the 50’s, this time it’s different. If I and others are right, the implications are immensely valuable for all.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 08-14: 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in AI; Deep Learning for NLP at Oxford, course materials - Feb 15, 2017.
5 Free Courses for Getting Started in #AI; Python #DataScience tutorial: Making #Python Speak #SQL with pandasql; Course materials: #DeepLearning for Natural Language Processing at Oxford; Resources for Learning AI, courtesy of McGill #AI Society.
- AI is not at all like Mobile/Cloud/SaaS - Feb 10, 2017.
AI is a hard problem and will take much longer to solve in any scope. The sudden uptick in interest may revert back to normal, but the cycle of work will be longer, much more diverse, and interesting than Mobile/Cloud/SaaS.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n05, Feb 8: Identifying Better Predictors; 5 Career Paths in Big Data, Data Science Explained - Feb 8, 2017.
Identifying Variables That Might Be Better Predictors; 5 Career Paths in Big Data and Data Science, Explained; 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in Artificial Intelligence; 3 practical thoughts on why deep learning performs so well
- Is Deep Learning the Silver Bullet? - Feb 1, 2017.
With nearly every every smart young computer scientist planning to work on deep learning, are there really still artificial intelligence researchers working on other techniques? Is deep learning the AI silver bullet?
- 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in Artificial Intelligence - Feb 1, 2017.
A carefully-curated list of 5 free collections of university course material to help you better understand the various aspects of what artificial intelligence and skills necessary for moving forward in the field.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n04, Feb 1: Data Science and Python Wrangling: Pandas Cheat Sheet; Great Collection of Machine Learning Algorithms - Feb 1, 2017.
Also Great Collection of Minimal and Clean Implementations of Machine Learning Algorithms; Bad Data + Good Models = Bad Results; Data Scientist - best job in America, again.
- Avoiding Another AI Winter - Jan 30, 2017.
This post is a look at the factors -- public fears and a loss of investor appetite -- that could thwart AI progress... if we don’t pay them enough attention.
- Artificial Intelligence and Speech Recognition for Chatbots: A Primer - Jan 26, 2017.
Bot bots bots... Read this overview of how artificial intelligence and natural language processing are contributing to chatbot development, and where it all goes from here.
- 6 areas of AI and Machine Learning to watch closely - Jan 25, 2017.
Artificial Intelligence is a generic term and many fields of science overlaps when comes to make an AI application. Here is an explanation of AI and its 6 major areas to be focused, going forward.
- Data Science of Sales Calls: 3 Actionable Findings - Jan 19, 2017.
How does AI help sales and marketing teams in the organisation? Let’s understand Dos and don’ts of sales calls with the help of analysis of over 70,000+ B2B SaaS sales calls.
- CAMELYON17 Grand Challenge – Help improve diagnosis of breast cancer metastases with AI - Jan 16, 2017.
Here is a challenge to contribute to the world health, organised by Camelyon17 and IEEE. Come forward to build a healthy world. Submission deadline is April 1, 2017s.
- Exclusive: Interview with Jeremy Howard on Deep Learning, Kaggle, Data Science, and more - Jan 14, 2017.
My exclusive interview with rock star Data Scientist Jeremy Howard, on his latest Deep Learning course, what is needed for success in Kaggle, how Enlitic is transforming medical diagnostics, and what Data Scientists should do to create value for their organization.
- Deep Learning in Healthcare Summit in London, 28 February – 1 March (KDnuggets Offer) - Jan 11, 2017.
Discover advances in deep learning tools and techniques from the world's leading innovators across industry, academia and the healthcare sector at the Deep Learning in Healthcare Summit in London, 28 February – 1 March. Use discount code KDNUGGETS to save 20%.
- Machine Learning Meets Humans – Insights from HUML 2016 - Jan 6, 2017.
Report from an important IEEE workshop on Human Use of Machine Learning, covering trust, responsibility, the value of explanation, safety of machine learning, discrimination in human vs. machine decision making, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Deep Learning Summit in San Francisco, Jan 26-27 (KDnuggets Offer) - Jan 5, 2017.
Discover advances in Deep Learning, NLP, speech recognition, image retrieval, virtual assistants, and more from leading researchers and industry at the Deep Learning Summit and Virtual Assistant Summit in San Francisco, 26-27 January. Use code KDNUGGETS to save 20%.
- What we can learn from AI mistakes - Dec 19, 2016.
Because of recent innovations and research in AI, we have seen AI performing best in some very important tasks and even worst in even simple tasks. So the question is, Why is it that AI can look so brilliant and so stupid at the same time?
- AI, Analytics, IoT, Blockchain: New York Life, Chubb and Assurant discuss technology integration - Dec 14, 2016.
AI, Analytics, IoT, Blockchain – do you know how all of this will fundamentally impact insurance? Get exclusive white paper based on private interviews with New York Life, Chubb and Assurant discussing the role of ever-changing insurance technology to their business.
- Global AI Conference, Santa Clara, Jan 19-21 2017 - Dec 13, 2016.
Get up to speed on emerging AI technologies, develop new technical skills, learn best practices at vendor-agnostic Global Artificial Intelligence Conference, Jan 19-21, 2017 in Santa Clara. Use code KDNUGGETS to register and save.
- Continuous improvement for IoT through AI / Continuous learning - Nov 25, 2016.
In reality, especially for IoT, it is not like once an analytics model is built, it will give the results with same accuracy till the end of time. Data pattern changes over the time which makes it absolutely important to learn from new data and improve/recalibrate the models to get correct result. Below article explain this phenomenon of continuous improvement in analytics for IoT.
- Shortcomings of Deep Learning - Nov 15, 2016.
Current Deep Learning successes such as AlphaGo rely on massive amount of labeled data, which is easy to get in games, but often hard in other contexts. You can't play 20 questions with nature and win!
- 13 Forecasts on Artificial Intelligence - Nov 15, 2016.
Once upon a time, Artificial Intelligence (AI) was the future. But today, human wants to see even beyond this future. This article try to explain how everyone is thinking about the future of AI in next five years, based on today’s emerging trends and developments in IoT, robotics, nanotech and machine learning.
Pages: 1 2
- Ten Take-Aways from IBM World of Watson - Nov 14, 2016.
“Enterprise applications, Cloud, Cognitive computing and IBM Watson”, Yes, you guessed it right. This article talks about highlights of 2016 World of Watson conference organised at Las Vegas,NV.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n40, Nov 9: Trump, Failure of Prediction, and Lessons for Data Scientists; 8 Frustrating Things For R Users When Learning Python - Nov 9, 2016.
We examine the lessons for Data Scientists from the shocking and surprising win of Donald Trump; 8 frustrating things for R user when learning Python; Using Predictive Algorithms to Track Real Time Health Trends.
- Agilience Top Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning Authorities - Nov 7, 2016.
Agilience developed a new way to find authorities in social media across many fields of interest. In previous post we reviewed the top authorities in Data Mining and Data science; in this post we review top authorities in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning which includes Vineet Vashishta, Kirk D. Borne, KDnuggets, James Kobielus, Kaggle and more.
Pages: 1 2
- For AI Engineers/Data Scientists: Implementing Enterprise AI course - Nov 7, 2016.
This unique course that is focussed on AI Engineering / AI for the Enterprise. Created in partnership with H2O.ai , the course uses Open Source technology to work with AI use cases. It is offered online and also in London and Berlin, starting January 2017.
- Inside Industry 4.0: What’s Driving The Fourth Industrial Revolution? - Oct 24, 2016.
In the history of mankind and past three major industrial revolutions, horizontal innovations like wheel, steam engine, electricity and integrated chips have always been the crux of it and they changed the world dramatically. Well, fourth one is on its way! Want to know what’s driving it? Have a read at this crisp article.
- KDnuggets Top Blogger: An Interview with Ajit Jaokar, on IoT and Data Science - Oct 21, 2016.
Ajit Jaokar, a leading expert in the field, shares his views on evolution of IoT, Data Science, Smart Cities, the promise and dangers of AI, and encouraging young people.
- Deep Learning Singapore & Machine Intelligence NYC – KDnuggets Offer - Sep 28, 2016.
Explore the latest machine learning research, technology and applications, with 2 RE.WORK events: the Deep Learning Summit in Singapore (20-21 Oct) and the Machine Intelligence Summit in New York City (Nov 2-3). Use code KDNUGGETS for 20% off.
- Robots Need “Common Sense” AI to Work Out Our Uncertain World - Aug 12, 2016.
At the Machine Intelligence Summit in Berlin last week, Jeremy Wyatt, Professor of Robotics and Artificial Intelligence at University of Birmingham, was asked a few questions about his work in mobile robot task planning and manipulation.
- Common Sense in Artificial Intelligence… by 2026? - Aug 4, 2016.
An insightful opinion piece on the future of common sense in AI. A recommended read by an authority in the field.
- The Hard Problems AI Can’t (Yet) Touch - Jul 11, 2016.
It's tempting to consider the progress of AI as though it were a single monolithic entity,
advancing towards human intelligence on all fronts. But today's machine learning only addresses problems with simple, easily quantified objectives
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n23, Jun 29: Machine Learning Trends & Future of AI; Data Science Kaggle Walkthrough; Regularization in Logistic Regression - Jun 29, 2016.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 8-14: All-in-one Docker image for Deep Learning; Good Book list for Data lovers - Jun 15, 2016.
Good Book list for #Data lovers; OpenAI - a living collection of important and fun problems; All-in-one #Docker image for #DeepLearning; 10 Useful #Python #DataVisualization Libraries for Any Discipline;
- How Much Will A.I. Surprise Us? - Jun 15, 2016.
Why think about what neural networks (and AI in general) can do that we can already do, when he real question that we should be asking is this: What will A.I. be able to do that we can’t even dream of?
- Project Murphy Microsoft Bot Framework AI - Jun 10, 2016.
With Microsoft AI-based Bot Framework you can add the bot on Skype, Messenger, Telegram, ... and ask it questions like: "What if Charlie Chaplin was a baby?" or "What if Beethoven was a rockstar!" The results are always fun.
- Ethics in Machine Learning – Summary - Jun 6, 2016.
Still worried about the AI apocalypse? Here we are discussion about the constraints and ethics for the machine learning algorithms to prevent it.
- Deep Learning and Neuromorphic Chips - May 12, 2016.
The 3 main ingredients to creating artificial intelligence are hardware, software, and data, and while we have focused historically on improving software and data, what if, instead, the hardware was drastically changed?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 4-10: Understanding the Bias-Variance Tradeoff; Python, MachineLearning, & Dueling Languages - May 11, 2016.
Understanding the Bias-Variance Tradeoff; Python, MachineLearning, & Dueling Languages; Why AI development is going to get even faster; Why Implement #MachineLearning Algorithms From Scratch?
- Artificial Intelligence ‘Chatbots’ – When or if? - May 9, 2016.
Chatbots can have extensive applications, now that Facebook is considering to implement AI in their Messenger and WhatsApp platforms. We examine 3 main factors that will determine the success of chatbots.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 27 – May 3: Trifecta: Python, Machine Learning, and Dueling Languages; Fun game 4 #MachineLearning newbies - May 4, 2016.
Trifecta: #Python, #MachineLearning, + Dueling Languages; Cartoon: When #Automation Goes Too Far; #AI Speed: 2-year old #xkcd cartoon: cannot check if a photo has a bird; Removing Duplicates in #BigData.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 12-26: The Race For AI: Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple; Comprehensive Guide to Learning #Python - Apr 27, 2016.
Data Science helps see where your country will stand in WW 3; Recommender Systems: New Comprehensive Textbook; Good read: Deep Learning in Neural Networks - extreme summary; The Race For #AI: Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple rush to grab #AI startups.
- Microsoft is Becoming M(ai)crosoft - Apr 25, 2016.
This post is an overview and discussion of Microsoft's increasing investment in, and approach to, artificial intelligence, and how their philosophy differs from their competitors.
- Wade and Wendy AI: Sr. Data Scientist - Apr 1, 2016.
Wade & Wendy is a newly funded, VC backed company that’s bringing artificial intelligence / machine learning to the recruiting / HR space with the mission of making the process more human for both applicants and hiring managers.
- PocketConfidant AI: Computational Linguist (NLP/AI) - Mar 26, 2016.
Rely on the user behavior data to design and implement Machine Learning algorithms and methods of Natural Language Processing to build smart conversational robots. Make user experience personal, proactive and empathetic.
- Ethics In Machine Learning: What we learned from Tay chatbot fiasco? - Mar 25, 2016.
As Microsoft chatbot Tay showed, Machine Learning brings us into a new world where our views on ethics and political correctness will be challenged. ML learns from us. In both good and bad ways, it reflects what we really are.
- AlphaGo is not the solution to AI - Mar 21, 2016.
The field will be better off without an bust cycle it is important for people to keep and inform a balanced view of successes and their extent. AlphoGo might be a step forward for the AI community, but it is still no way close to the true AI.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 07-15: Great collection of Must Know Tips/Tricks in #DeepLearning - Mar 16, 2016.
Great collection of Must Know Tips/Tricks in #DeepLearning; 4 Lessons for Brilliant #DataVisualization; 12 Apps with a Billion+ active Users - less time now to get to 1B users;Timeline of Artificial Intelligence #AI victories, 1997-3041, Chess, Jeopardy, Go.
- AI and Machine Learning: Top Influencers and Brands - Mar 8, 2016.
Onalytica gives us a new list of the top 100 Artifical Intelligence and Machine Learning influencers and brands, and provides some insight into the relationships between them.
- What Dog Breed is That? Let AI “fetch” it for you! - Feb 25, 2016.
Recently released AI app identifies dog breed information from pictures and mixes some fun too.
- Deep Learning is not Enough - Feb 9, 2016.
Deep Learning has real successes, but is not enough to reach artificial intelligence, according to latest KDnuggets Poll. For more complex problems, should pure neural-net approaches be combined with symbolic, knowledge-based methods?
- AI Supercomputers: Microsoft Oxford, IBM Watson, Google DeepMind, Baidu Minwa - Feb 1, 2016.
In the world of AI, this is the equivalent of the US and USSR competing to put their guy on the moon first. Here is a profile of some of the giants locked into the AI space race.
- Beyond the Fence, and the Advent of the Creative Machines - Jan 25, 2016.
Creative machines have been making their influence felt for some time, but an upcoming stage production challenges preconceived notions of what art is.
Pages: 1 2
- What Is Machine Intelligence Vs. Machine Learning Vs. Deep Learning Vs. Artificial Intelligence (AI)? - Jan 14, 2016.
A discussion of three major approaches to building smart machines - Classic AI, Simple Neural Networks, and Biological Neural Networks - and examples as to how each approach might address the same problem.
- Data By the Bay: Data Science and Engineering in Four Directions - Nov 16, 2015.
The main goal of Data By the Bay is connecting the best data engineers, data scientists and data-driven startup leaders with each other. Co-located conferences will focus on Data, Text, Democracy, AI and IoT, and Life Sciences, May 17 - 20, 2016.
- Deep Learning, Language Understanding, and the Quest for Human Capacity Cognitive Computing - Nov 16, 2015.
To develop cognitive computing at human capacity understanding, deep learning research must heed what certain aspects of human symbol processing reveal about the architecture of the human mind.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n36, Nov 4: Integrating R, Python; Neural Net in 11 lines; Top 20 AI/Machine Learning books - Nov 4, 2015.
Integrating Python and R; A Neural Network in 11 lines; Amazon Top 20 Books in AI, Machine Learning; How Big Data is used in Recommendation Systems to change to change our lives; Data Science of IoT.
- AnalyticsVidhya Interview with Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro, President KDnuggets - Oct 17, 2015.
AnalyticsVidhya wide-ranging interview with Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro - origins of KDnuggets, founding of KDD, Learning Data Science, R vs Python, the risks and benefits of AI, Analytics in India, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 18-24: Machine Learning Certifications, #DataScience Bootcamps; AshleyMadison Data Analysis - Aug 25, 2015.
Ashley Madison Data analysis: 86% male, 30-46 is the trouble zone; Paradoxes of #DataScience examined; AI Market Overview and more visuals; MachineLearning Certifications and Best #DataScience Bootcamps.
- Microsoft Research Faculty Summit #FacSumm, keynotes streamed live July 8-9 - Jul 2, 2015.
Microsoft Research Faculty Summit will be streamed live from Redmond, WA, July 8-9. 2015 event focuses on AI and will feature three keynote speakers and a panel.
- Juergen Schmidhuber AMA: The Principles of Intelligence and Machine Learning - Mar 9, 2015.
Jürgen Schmidhuber, pioneer in innovating Deep Neural Networks, answers questions on open code, general problem solvers, quantum computing, PhD students, online courses, and the neural network research community in this Reddit AMA.
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, Feb 1-7: Music recognition, Text Understanding from scratch - Feb 9, 2015.
Shazam music recognition techniques, deep learning for text understanding, neuroscience history, Neural Turing Machines using Torch, and genetic algorithms are the top topics on Reddit last week.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 4-5: Clarifai Machine Learning software can understand what is in your videos - Feb 6, 2015.
Clarifai #MachineLearning software can understand what is in your videos; #BigData Lessons From @Netflix: comparing House of Cards and Macbeth insights; 2014 was the biggest year for #AI startups; Top Data Scientist @DPatil joined the #WhiteHouse as a data scientist-in-residence.
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, Jan 25-31 - Feb 6, 2015.
Downsides to jobs in machine learning fields, AI learning materials, novel topic modelling techniques and weekly simple question threads are all topics of discussion this week on Reddit /r/MachineLearning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 21-22: Palantir vs AirBnB – data mining to crack down on AirBnB hosts; AI program can beat almost any human in poker - Jan 23, 2015.
Palantir #datamining used by NYC to crack down on AirBnB hosts; #BigData 2015 Top Brands: @IBMBigData @BigDataExpo @CIOonline @WorldBank @Cloud; #Google #Dataflow pipeline tool can now run on #Spark; Cepheus #AI program can beat almost any human in #poker, even bluffs.
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, Jan 11-17 - Jan 18, 2015.
SVMs, open source datasets, Bayesian decision theory, game AI, and deep learning visualizations are all featured in the past week's top /r/MachineLearning posts.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n02, Jan 14: Research Leaders on key trends, top papers; Exclusive NYTimes interview - Jan 14, 2015.
Research Leaders on Data Mining key trends, top papers; Exclusive Interview with NYTimes Chief Data Scientist; Majority thinks AI not a threat; Cartoon: Hello, Singularity; Deep Learning in a Nutshell; How to make Privacy and Data Mining Compatible; ClearStory Data CEO on Collaborative Storyboards.
- Cartoon: Hello, Singularity - Jan 11, 2015.
New KDnuggets cartoon takes a look at what can happen when Artificial Intelligence (AI) achieves Singularity.
- AI Says Data Scientists Not So Sexy in 2015 - Jan 10, 2015.
In 2015, democratization of data will become the democratization of information, data-hoarding era will be end and artificial intelligence will step into the mainstream.
- Majority thinks Artificial Intelligence will not be a threat to Humanity - Jan 7, 2015.
The plurality of 48% in latest KDnuggets poll say Artificial Intelligence will not be a threat to Humanity, but really interesting and scary questions have been raised - perhaps humanity is a threat to progress?
- KDnuggets 14:n34, Is AI a threat? Most Demanded Skills; Cartoon: Unexpected recommendations; Watson vs Azure ML - Dec 17, 2014.
New Poll: Is AI a threat to humanity? Most Demanded Data Science Skills; Cartoon: Unexpected recommendations; IBM Watson vs Microsoft Azure Machine Learning and more Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 10-11: Which one is the bunny? Google new CAPTCHA trains AI; Big Data in 2015: Security, #IoT, data markets - Dec 12, 2014.
Which one is the bunny? Google new CAPTCHA trains #AI; Data Scientist Salary/Tools Survey finds #BigData scientists earn more; Microsoft brings the power of #MachineLearning to Office Online; Visual Sentiment Analysis: Researchers train #NeuralNets to rate images for #Happiness.
- New Poll: Will Artificial Intelligence be a threat to Humanity? - Dec 12, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking - Will Artificial Intelligence be a threat to Humanity? Please vote if you are human.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 3-4: Google funds Automatic Statistician project; Data Science Ontology, visualized - Dec 5, 2014.
Data Science Ontology, visualized; Holiday Gift Ideas for the Data & Statistically Interested; Google funds "Automatic Statistician" project; Nice Tutorial for R learners.
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week, Nov 17-23: Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology? - Nov 24, 2014.
Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever?; Huge advance by Stanford and Google: #AI software recognizes images, writes captions; 20 Insane Things That Correlate W/ Each Other.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 12-13: Predicting employees likely to leave; Hacker guide to Neural Nets and Machine Learning - Nov 15, 2014.
Workday #BigData Analysis can predict which employees likely to leave; Hacker's guide to Neural Networks and Machine Learning; Enough With 'Feel Good' #DataScience; Most Popular SlideShare Presentations on Data Mining.
- New Beginnings in Facial Recognition - Jun 28, 2014.
Developments in neural networks and deep learning are bringing great improvements in facial recognition, which could have exciting (and scary) applications on platforms like Google Glass.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 16-17: You cannot afford to ignore next #AI wave; 5 Companies doing #BigData Right - Jun 18, 2014.
You cannot afford to ignore next #AI wave - see early leaders; 5 Companies doing #BigData Right: Amazon, British Airways, eBay, Otto group, Netflix; Data Mining 200 years of Patents shows that invention is combinatorial; Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup Football.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 18-20: The six types of conversations on Twitter; 25 Free eBooks on Artificial Intelligence - Feb 21, 2014.
The six types of conversations on Twitter; 25 Free ebooks on AI: Introductions, Intelligent Agents, Vision; Practical Machine Learning: Innovations in Recommendation - free ebook download; First UK Data Science Summer School to open In August, free 5-week course.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Part 2 of the Interview with Yann LeCun - Feb 20, 2014.
We discuss how far AI is likely to go, how Data Science to Statistics is like Computer Science was to Math, Big Data hype and reality, and advice to beginning Data Scientists.