- Turner: Advisor Analytics Architect - Mar 24, 2017.
Seeking a candidate who leverages knowledge of the organization's information, application, and infrastructure environment as well as the current technology landscape to work with Operations Research and Data Scientists and other team members to design and implement a holistic and optimized analytics platform.
- Data Scientists Might Have It Made For 2017 - Mar 21, 2017.
Companies all over the world have placed a lot of value on getting more insights from big data analytics. That’s not without good reason.
- Analytics, Data Science, Data Management Training May 7-12 in Chicago – save 30% with KDnuggets offer - Mar 16, 2017.
TDWI comes to Chicago May 7-12, and KDnuggets readers get special savings! Save 30% through next Friday, March 24 using priority code KDSAVE30. Did you know that teams of 3+ save an extra 10%?
- Specialize in Analytics with Villanova Top-Ranked Online MBA - Mar 14, 2017.
Get online MBA from highly ranked Villanova School of Business with specializations in Analytics, Finance, Marketing, or Strategic Management.
- Intelligence Analytics Summit: What You Need to Know Now - Mar 10, 2017.
The Intelligence Analytics Summit takes place May 22-24 in Washington, D.C., where decision makers in the Intelligence community will learn to efficiently analyze and assess data and generate actionable intelligence in real time.
- Gain the Skills for the Hottest Careers in Analytics - Feb 17, 2017.
Get 25% off All Online Courses* from TDWI, the Industry's Best BI & Analytics Online Education! Use special KDnuggets discount code DATALOVE by Fri 3/3 @ Midnight PT.
- Career Advice for Analytics & Data Science Professionals - Feb 13, 2017.
In our experience working with many quantitative professionals over the years, the two main areas that contribute to long-term career growth are networking and continuous learning. Here is specific advice on how to do this and tips for Continuous Learning.
- An ode to the analytics grease monkeys - Feb 2, 2017.
Analytics is not one time job. It needs to be automated, deployed and improved for future business analytics requirements. Here an IBM expert discusses about development & deployment of analytics assets and capabilities of it.
- Marketing Metrics and Analytics Summit, New York, Apr 26-27 – KDnuggets Offer - Feb 2, 2017.
Designed to be at the intersection of marketing, data science, and analytics, this summit will discuss common challenges and pain points, discover new cutting-edge technology tools and solutions, and to connect and network. Use discount code KDN15 to save.
- Fixing Deployment and Iteration Problems in CRISP-DM - Feb 1, 2017.
Many analytic models are not deployed effectively into production while others are not maintained or updated. Applying decision modeling and decision management technology within CRISP-DM addresses this.
- Big Data & Analytics Innovation Summit, Singapore, March 1-2, KDnuggets Offer - Jan 23, 2017.
The summit will offer you many opportunities to network with over 250 thought leaders and to dig into multiple aspects within big data. Save 20% with code KDN20.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n02, Jan 18: Most Popular Language For Machine Learning; Analytics & Data Science Make Business Smarter - Jan 18, 2017.
The Most Popular Language For Machine Learning and Data Science; Analytics & Data Science Make Business Smarter; Exclusive: Interview with Jeremy Howard on Deep Learning, Kaggle, Data Science; 90 Active Blogs on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science
- Text Mining Amazon Mobile Phone Reviews: Interesting Insights - Jan 10, 2017.
We analyzed more than 400 thousand reviews of unlocked mobile phones sold on Amazon.com to find out insights with respect to reviews, ratings, price and their relationships.
- What Are Your Analytics Goals for 2017? - Jan 6, 2017.
Let TDWI Las Vegas give you a head start with the latest skills in analytics, data science and data management this February 12-17. Save 10% now with priority code VEGAS24!
- AI, Analytics, IoT, Blockchain: New York Life, Chubb and Assurant discuss technology integration - Dec 14, 2016.
AI, Analytics, IoT, Blockchain – do you know how all of this will fundamentally impact insurance? Get exclusive white paper based on private interviews with New York Life, Chubb and Assurant discussing the role of ever-changing insurance technology to their business.
- Navigating the World of Big Data Analytics - Dec 8, 2016.
Fulcrum Agile Analytics Lab- helps our partners test new technologies, new methodologies and new data sets quickly in an environment that can scale up and down and that meets all of their security and compliance requirements. Read to learn more and schedule a consultation.
- Ethical Implications Of Industrialized Analytics - Nov 29, 2016.
Analytics & Big Data will be involved in every aspect of our lives and we should handle the ethical dilemmas wisely to let innovation contribute more to our lives.
- Analytics help app developer conceive of new possibilities - Nov 23, 2016.
By now, we all have realised the power of IoT, Mobile Apps, Big Data and Analytics. Now it’s time to use this power in every possible way for complete well being of everyone in the world. Let’s read this interesting article on Women Health Care Mobile Apps and Data Analytics.
- Discover the Future of Data at TDWI Austin- Plus a Special Gift! - Nov 14, 2016.
TDWI Austin takes place Dec 4-9. Register by November 18 and save $200. Use KDnuggets code KDFUN to get a $25 AMEX gift card to discover the weird and wonderful sights all around you in the capital of Texas!
- A Reference Architecture for Self-Service Analytics - Nov 10, 2016.
The keys to self-service analytics success are organizational. In addition to a governed self-service architecture, companies need to establish governance committees and gateways, create federated organizations with co-located BI developers, and provide continuous education, training, and support. Learn how to do this in this report.
- Booking.com: Data Scientist – Analytics - Nov 3, 2016.
Booking.com is seeking data savvy professionals to join their team of data scientists, to work with stakeholders throughout the company to generate understanding, strategy and suggest actions based on data.
- Do You Suffer From Analytic Personality Disorder (APD)? - Nov 2, 2016.
Read this lighthearted take on Analytics Personality Disorder, a (nonexistent) syndrome for those obsessed with analytics.
- Analytics Innovation Festival Arrives In Chicago Nov 29 & 30 - Oct 27, 2016.
Analytics Innovation Festival comes to Chicago in November. KDnuggets readers save $200 with code KD200 when you register by Monday, October 31.
- Equifax: Employee Analytics Leader - Oct 13, 2016.
Seeking a business leader and strategist responsible for managing a team of statisticians and data analysts in executing on projects and initiatives supporting the Employer Services division of Equifax Workforce Solutions.
- CAP Certification Program: What’s on the Exam? - Oct 12, 2016.
We look behind the curtain at the CAP Certification program designed to measure analytics professional’s knowledge across seven unique areas of the analytics process,
- Humans & Machines Ethics Framework: Assessing Machine Learning Influence - Oct 11, 2016.
Humans & Machines Ethics Canvas’ main goal is to be a guide for critical thinking throughout the ethical decision-making process. It acts as a value system and an ethics framework to assess the influence of machine learning and software development while developing a system for individuals, teams, and organisations.
- Do Multipliers Trump Big Data Analytics? - Oct 10, 2016.
Multipliers and Big Data analytics are tightly integrated. Multipliers feed into and improve the accuracy of our analytics, while analytics feed into and improve the accuracy of our multipliers. They should be used together at all levels of the organization.
- Still Searching for ROI in Big Data Analytics? You’re Not Alone! - Oct 7, 2016.
Are businesses getting the ROI they desire given the hype around big data analytics? With all the promises of big data analytics, why are more than half the companies still in the red with respect to analytics investments?
- Embedded Analytics: The Future of Business Intelligence - Sep 30, 2016.
An overview of the evolution of Business Intelligence, and some insight into where its future lie: embedded analytics.
- Advancing Analytics Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 6 October – Don’t Miss Out - Sep 25, 2016.
Big data, AI, predictive analytics, business transformation… for all things analytics, join us on 6 Oct 2016 to hear from leading thinkers at the 2016 IAPA Australian National Conference, Advancing Analytics. Book your ticket today.
- How top companies use data to make wise decisions - Sep 15, 2016.
Lucky people are those who pay attention to patterns and maintain a healthy curiosity. Download JMP Foreword magazine and read about those people.
- Advancing Analytics Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 6 October – New Speakers - Sep 15, 2016.
The 2016 IAPA Australian National Conference, Advancing Analytics on 6 October, helps you to get up-to-speed with global advances and experiences from the brightest analytics minds globally and locally. Book your ticket today.
- University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point: Assistant/Associate Professor - Sep 13, 2016.
Apply for Sentry Insurance Endowed Chair in Computational Analytics, starting August 2017. The candidate is expected to teach undergraduate courses in Data Analytics, and possibly graduate courses in an online MS in Data Science.
- INFORMS New Associate CAP Certification - Sep 13, 2016.
Standing out in the crowd: New Associate CAP Certification enables employers to easily identify top young analytics talent.
- Introducing Dask for Parallel Programming: An Interview with Project Lead Developer - Sep 7, 2016.
Introducing Dask, a flexible parallel computing library for analytics. Learn more about this project built with interactive data science in mind in an interview with its lead developer.
- The Evolution of IoT Edge Analytics: Strategies of Leading Players - Sep 2, 2016.
This article explores the significance and evolution of IoT edge analytics. Since the author believes that hardware capabilities will converge for large vendors, IoT analytics will be the key differentiator.
- Insurance Analytics Europe, 5-6 October, London, UK - Sep 2, 2016.
The Insurance Analytics Europe Summit will bring together 200+ insurance executives to explore both innovation in the insurance industry and uncover strategies to better use analytics capabilities. Use KD100 code to save on registration.
- Booking: Data Scientist – Analytics - Aug 31, 2016.
Booking.com is seeking data savvy professionals to join their team of data scientists, to work with stakeholders throughout the company to generate understanding, strategy and suggest actions based on data.
- KNIME Summit, San Francisco, Sep 14-16, KDnuggets Offer - Aug 29, 2016.
KNIME, a leading open Analytics Platform is holding a first North American summit in San Francisco. Use code SUMMIT_KDNUGGETS to get 10% discount. Early bird rates till Sep 4.
- Lubrizol: Analytics Statistician - Aug 25, 2016.
Seeking BS/MS Analytics Statistician to create predictive models, support analytics systems, and consult with data scientists and subject area experts. Open to current candidates and students who graduate in 2017.
- Data Science of Reviews: ReviewMeta tool Automatically Detects Unnatural Reviews on Amazon - Aug 23, 2016.
ReviewMeta is a tool that analyzes millions of reviews and helps customers decide which ones to trust. As the dataset grows, so do the insights on unbiased reviews.
- Join Us for the Top Analytics Conference - Aug 18, 2016.
Sign up now for the industry's leading analytics and data management conference. Get an extra $100 off TDWI San Diego with exclusive KDnuggets discount code.
- Is a Chief Data Officer Required for Analytics Success? - Aug 10, 2016.
In this insightful opinion piece, gain perspective on whether a Chief Data Officer is required for an organization's analytics success.
- Build vs Buy – Analytics Dashboards - Jul 29, 2016.
Read this post on choosing between available analytics dashboard options, and designing your own. Get an informed opinion.
- Analytical Approaches to Solving Problems in Communications and Media - Jul 26, 2016.
Discover a set of techniques and methodologies to analyze and explore telecommunications data in order to improve business and operational performances. This new course debuts Sep 14 at Analytics Experience 2016 in Las Vegas.
- Getting Started with Analytics: What’s the Upfront Investment? - Jul 5, 2016.
Everyone wants to leverage analytics, but should everyone dive into the deep end right away? Heed some sensible advice on getting started with analytics, and assessing the true upfront investment.
- The Big Data Ecosystem is Too Damn Big - Jun 28, 2016.
The Big Data ecosystem is just too damn big! It's complex, redundant, and confusing. There are too many layers in the technology stack, too many standards, and too many engines. Vendors? Too many. What is the user to do?
- Global Strategy Group: Senior Associate, Analytics - Jun 17, 2016.
Seeking a Senior Associate to work with our team to help develop new products and methodologies, and integrate analytics capabilities into GSG’s research services.
- Thinking About Analytics Readiness - Jun 16, 2016.
This article touches upon an important but under-discussed topic of analytics readiness, including whether and when organizations should engage in analytics.
- Crowdfunding Analytics = New Revelations Ahead - Jun 14, 2016.
CrowdSurfer helps to analyze investments financed through crowdfunding and marketplace lending, but there is more than meets the eye.
- Build Your Own Audio/Video Analytics App With HPE Haven OnDemand – Part 2 - Jun 10, 2016.
In the conclusion to this two part tutorial, learn how to leverage HPE Haven OnDemand's Machine Learning APIs to build an audio/video analytics app with minimal time and effort.
Pages: 1 2
- Build Your Own Audio/Video Analytics App With HPE Haven OnDemand – Part 1 - Jun 9, 2016.
In this first part of a two part tutorial, learn how to leverage HPE Haven OnDemand's Machine Learning APIs to build an audio/video analytics app with minimal time and effort.
Pages: 1 2
- The Benefits of Decentralizing Analytics Talent - Jun 4, 2016.
Over the next several years data will be served in a variety of ways, greater innovation will come from companies that look to share raw data. Here we talk about, democratizing the data which requires a different philosophy to allow all business functions to participate in analytics.
- 5 Ways in Which Big Data Can Help Leverage Customer Data - May 25, 2016.
Every business enterprise realizes the importance of big data but rarely puts the customer data that they possess to good use. Here are few ways enterprises can leverage customer data.
- What are the Challenges of the Analytics of Things? - May 20, 2016.
without the AoT, it is difficult to realize the full potential of the IoT. We review the promise and challenges of Analytics of Things, including data, security, analytics implementation, standartization, and more.
- Six PAW Chicago Sessions That Show Analytics’ Long Reach - May 19, 2016.
At Chicago's Predictive Analytics World for Business conference, June 20-23, 2016, explore case studies from a range of industries and discuss best practices for infusing organizations with the power of analytics in new and innovative ways. KDnuggets subscribers enjoy $150 off!
- Tips for Data Scientists: Think Like a Business Executive - May 18, 2016.
Thinking like a Data Scientist is important; it puts businesses and business leaders in an analytical frame of mind. But it is also important for Data Scientists to be able to think like business executives. Read on to find out why.
- Resume Tips for Early Career Analytics Professionals - May 16, 2016.
Trying to put together your first resume or two after graduation can be tricky. Without a lot of relevant work experience to highlight, sometimes none at all, graduates often wonder how they can adequately impress hiring managers with their analytics capabilities.
- American Family Insurance: Analytics Strategy & Integration Director - May 12, 2016.
Seeking an Analytics Strategy & Integration Director responsible for strategy, enterprise-wide governance, and integration of innovative data-driven advanced analytics applications.
- How Much do Analytics Salaries Increase when Changing Jobs? - May 4, 2016.
A data-informed analysis of analytics career salaries and their increase when changing jobs.
- Data Scientist Survey: What Is An Interesting Result? - Apr 28, 2016.
A survey requesting feedback from data scientists on their opinion of what an interesting result is. The survey is anonymous, has only a single mandatory question, and takes only 5 minutes.
- Schwab: Director, Institutional Analytics - Apr 25, 2016.
Responsible for leading analytics and reporting projects related to several of Schwab financial product areas, including ETFs, mutual funds, managed accounts, fixed income, and insurance. The Director will lead a team to deliver thoughtful analysis, data-driven insights, actionable business recommendations, and strategic thought partnership.
- Embedding Data and Analytics with Looker, Apr 28 Webinar - Apr 14, 2016.
Delivering data and analytics to your customers should be straightforward. The Looker Data Platform allows for easy access to data through a robust API and embeddable charts, tables and dashboards.
- Advantages and Risks of Self-Service Analytics - Apr 13, 2016.
Self-service analytics is likely to spread in all the business layers, and with proper care to avoid certain risks, the culture of self-service analytics will help all organizations.
- 3 Ways to Build an Analytics Dream Team - Apr 4, 2016.
So your March Madness bracket is busted. Maybe that new algorithm can through the first round next year. It's never too early to start building your analytics Dream Team.
- Analytics Hiring Strong, Staying In One Job Is Weak - Mar 21, 2016.
With more companies jumping on the data-driven bandwagon, companies have been creating new roles and new data science and analytics teams. It is right time to make your move and land up in your dream job.
- 3 Telecom Developments Which impact IoT Analytics - Mar 18, 2016.
Highlights and developments to watch from Mobile World Congress 2016 which will impact IoT analytics in future.
- The Anchors of Trust in Data Analytics - Mar 14, 2016.
An exploration of some of the critical questions and challenges emerging around trust in data and analytics. The four anchors of trust that will shape public confidence in D&A in the age of the analytical enterprise are highlighted.
- Verizon: Supply Chain Analytics Lead /Data Scientist, TX - Mar 10, 2016.
Support analytics needs of the operational teams like developing, implementing and maintaining the order routing logic of incoming orders; Drive strategic efforts across the supply chain organization, leveraging advanced analytics to optimize processes and procedures.
- Verizon: Supply Chain Analytics Principal - Mar 10, 2016.
Driving strategic efforts across the supply chain organization, leveraging advanced analytics to optimize processes and procedures that lead to improved device life cycle management, working capital optimization and cost reduction.
- Verizon: Senior Manager, Supply Chain Analytics - Mar 10, 2016.
Lead a team that drives the analytics strategy for the wireless supply chain distribution, ensuring data-driven decisions that enable more profitable growth and improved customer experience.
- Ford: Supervisor, Descriptive Analytics - Mar 10, 2016.
Seasoned analytic professional with deep business understanding of data science. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest global subject matter experts that are transforming the automobile industry.
- Corios: Consulting Director (Analytics) - Feb 17, 2016.
We tell the stories the numbers can not; we believe business decisions are influenced not only by the measurement of behavior, but by synthesizing data-driven insights along with our past experience.
- U. Delaware Certificate in Analytics: Optimizing Big Data - Jan 28, 2016.
Understand why big data is so important in business decisions, improve your data management skills, and join the rapidly growing analytics field. Classes Feb 18 - May 25, 2016 in Wilmington, DE.
- Key Benefits of Heterogeneous Analytics Compared to Traditional BI - Dec 18, 2015.
This blog examines why traditional BI is becoming increasingly ineffective and how heterogeneous analytics can solve business problems with analytics.
- Best BI and Analytics Event of 2016: TDWI Las Vegas, super early bird by Dec 18 - Dec 17, 2015.
Join TDWI biggest event of the year featuring four in-depth learning experiences: Leadership and Innovation, Analytics, Big Data, and Data Management, Jan 31-Feb 5 in Las Vegas. Use code KD16 to save.
- Explaining Analytics to Decision Makers: Insights to Actions - Oct 27, 2015.
Communicating the value of analytics work requires different tools and skills than building predictive models, but you need to master these tools to have your work implemented.
- Dell: The Great Analytics Migration – free e-book - Oct 15, 2015.
If you want to switch to an analytics platform with more functionality and less cost, how to manage all the people, processes and technologies involved? We just wrote the e-book on it - after we moved hundreds of our employees to a new analytics solution.
- U. San Francisco: 2 Asst. Professor Positions in Analytics, Data Science - Oct 5, 2015.
The positions will contribute to the MS program in analytics and also support either computer science (both grad and undergrad) or undergraduate Data Science program.
- 30 Can’t miss Harvard Business Review articles on Data Science, Big Data and Analytics - Sep 30, 2015.
Here are 30 Harvard Business Review (HBR) articles on big data, data science and analytics that provide insights about the latest technology and happenings in the world of data.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Commonly Misunderstood Analytics Terms - Sep 3, 2015.
Unable to follow what your analyst language during presentations? Understand what exactly the common terminologies in the data science mean.
- UDEL Certificate in Analytics: Optimizing Big Data, Sep 10 – Dec 17, Wilmington, DE - Aug 20, 2015.
The Certificate in Analytics at U. of Delaware is a great way to bolster your quantitative skills, while diving deeper into data analytics. Classes start Sep 10 in Wilmington, DE.
- How Long Should You Stay at Your Analytics Job? - Aug 7, 2015.
Considering the huge demand for the data scientists many are pondering to switch for a better profile and salary. But, there some things to be pondered about like what should be the interval between two switches, acquiring new skills and your loyalty.
- Interview: Ali Vanderveld, Groupon on Vital Ingredients of Analytics-powered Sales Force - Jul 16, 2015.
We discuss the role of Analytics at Groupon, deciding factors for merchant priority, limitations of historical data, optimizing the efforts of sales force, data characteristics and dealing with Data Sparsity.
- Interview: Ramkumar Ravichandran, Visa on Customer-focus Mindset for Analytics - Jul 15, 2015.
We discuss career advice, need for customer-focus, Analytics trends, desired skills in Data Science practitioners, and more.
- Interview: Ramkumar Ravichandran, Visa on Actionable Insights – Easier Said Than Done - Jul 14, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at Visa, adapting to the Big Data world, gaps between expectations and delivery from Analytics, delivering Actionable Insights, and tools/technologies used.
- 10 Key Tips for Entry-Level Analytics Professionals - Jul 4, 2015.
With so many companies hunting down the data scientist. There are few things which aspirants can do to increase their chances of being getting selected into the best ones.
- KDnuggets Interview: Amr Awadallah, CTO & Co-founder, Cloudera on the Need for Self-Service Analytics - Jun 30, 2015.
We discuss the importance of enabling self-service analytics, partnership with Cask, Big Data vendor selection and competitive landscape.
- Datalicious: Head of Analytics - May 26, 2015.
Demonstrate your leadership by managing your own team of analysts in a fast paced and rewarding environment.
- Datalicious: Analytics Sales Engineer (Sydney) - May 20, 2015.
Take ownership of technical sales for creating analytics-based solutions for customers, including technical qualification, presentations, demonstrations, and running performance test.
- Datalicious: Analytics Project Manager (Sydney) - May 20, 2015.
Experienced Project Manager with track record in managing digital and technical projects with a solid understanding of data/analytics concepts to join our Sydney office.
- Interview: Antonio Magnaghi, TicketMaster on Why Honesty is Key for Analytics Success - May 19, 2015.
We discuss lessons from implementing lambda architecture, impact of Big Data on recommender systems, trends, advice, and more.
- Interview: Hobson Lane, SHARP Labs on How Analytics can Show You “All the Light You Cannot See” - May 14, 2015.
We discuss the impact of rapid growth in magnitude of data, programming skills for data science, major trends, advice, data science skills, and more.
- Gaming Analytics Summit 2015, San Francisco – Day 2 Highlights - May 11, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Gaming Analytics leaders from Activision, Riot Games and Daybreak Game Company (formerly Sony Online Entertainment) on day 2 of Gaming Analytics Innovation Summit 2015 in San Francisco.
- Interview: Alison Burnham, Scorebig on Optimal, Real-time Pricing through Analytics - May 8, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at ScoreBig, company’s business model, unexpected insights, challenges in customer value management, advice, and more.
- Interview: Haile Owusu, Mashable on Surviving Imprecision in Digital Media Analytics - May 1, 2015.
We discuss the challenges in tracking social media sharing, advice, important trends, and more.
- Interview: Ksenija Draskovic, Verizon on How to Not Get Lost in the Big Data Wilderness - Apr 16, 2015.
We discuss recommendations for data-driven decision making, challenges and benefits of using unstructured data, managing expectations and key trends.
- Interview: Ravi Iyer, Ranker on Why Crowdsourcing Needs Data Science - Apr 7, 2015.
We discuss the dynamics of Ranker crowdsourcing platform, key factors for effectiveness, role of data science in crowdsourcing, and more.
- Interview: Beth Diaz, Washington Post on How Dark Social is Shadowing Modern Analytics - Apr 6, 2015.
We discuss recent events at Washington Post, growth initiatives, the growing pain of Dark Social, how to deal with it, audience analytics, advice and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Bill Moreau, USOC on the Pursuit of a Career in Sports Analytics - Mar 28, 2015.
We discuss challenges in applying Data Analytics to sports, advice to beginners in the field of Sports Analytics, and more.
- Interview: Bill Moreau, USOC on Empowering World’s Best Athletes through Analytics - Mar 26, 2015.
We discuss how United States Olympic Committee uses Big Data, how athletes respond to Analytical insights, integration of sports medicine into sports performance and sports injury.
- Interview: Beena Ammanath, GE on the Industrial Internet for Data-driven Innovation - Mar 23, 2015.
We discuss the role of Analytics at GE, Industrial Internet and how it is different from consumer internet, and the key capabilities of Predix.
- Interview: Brad Klingenberg, StitchFix on Decoding Fashion through Analytics and ML - Mar 21, 2015.
We discuss the challenges in making personal styling recommendations, unexpected insights, interesting trends, motivation, advice, desired qualities in data scientists and more.
- Interview: Brad Klingenberg, StitchFix on Building Analytics-powered Personal Stylist - Mar 20, 2015.
We discuss StitchFix, how it leverages Analytics, understanding customer preferences, and pros-and-cons of involving human judgement in the recommendation process.
- Interview: Vince Darley, King.com on the Serious Analytics behind Casual Gaming - Mar 18, 2015.
We discuss key characteristics of social gaming data, ML use cases at King, infrastructure challenges, major problems with A-B testing and recommendations to resolve them.
- Interview: Kenneth Viciana, Equifax on Data Lake & Other Strategies for Insights Culture - Mar 13, 2015.
We discuss the responsibilities of Enterprise Data Strategy team at Equifax, why Data Lake, Equifax Decision360, how to set up Insights Culture and bottlenecks for value delivery from Big Data.
- Interview: Slava Akmaev, Berg on Challenges in Transitioning Analytics to Clinical Utility - Mar 10, 2015.
We discuss Analytics use cases, challenges in relating molecular/clinical data to real-life outcomes, Healthcare Analytics trends and more.
- Interview: Slava Akmaev, Berg on Healthcare Transparency & Effectiveness using Big Data - Mar 9, 2015.
We discuss Big Data Analytics at Berg, making Healthcare effective through Big Data, impact of falling cost of DNA sequencing, Berg AI-Analytics Suite and more.
- Interview: Lei Shi, ChinaHR.com on Analytics behind the Perfect Match - Mar 6, 2015.
We discuss analytics at ChinaHR, matching job seekers and employers, traditional job fairs vs online recruitment, key metrics and analytical insights.
- Brandeis Analytics Symposium, Apr 8: Industry Insights into Data and Intelligence - Feb 27, 2015.
The Apr 8 Brandeis Analytics symposium will focus on promoting a discussion of the growing field of analytics and how organizations can leverage big data to make more strategic decisions.
- Interview: Nicholas Marko, Geisinger on the Skills Needed for Healthcare Analytics - Feb 27, 2015.
We discuss challenges of dealing with healthcare data, trends in healthcare analytics, important skills for data scientists and more.
- Interview: Nicholas Marko, Geisinger on Building the Analytics Culture for Healthcare - Feb 26, 2015.
We discuss how to establish credibility of data analytics, recommendations for a data-driven culture, analytics challenges in healthcare and more.
- Interview: Phani Nagarjuna, Nuevora on CMO Expectations from Analytics - Feb 9, 2015.
We discuss the value proposition of Nuevora, founding story, CMO expectations from Analytics and the Nuevora nBAAP platform.
- Analytics Outsourcing to India: Should or Shouldn’t? - Feb 5, 2015.
Outsourcing analytics talent to India will continue to grow as a trend as evidenced by the increasing number of Fortune 500 companies participating in the practice.
- Interview: Rachel Hawley, SAS on the Quest for Agile Analytics - Feb 3, 2015.
We discuss Agile Analytics, moving from traditional Analytics to Agile, challenges in operationalizing Analytics, SAS Enterprise Decision Management and SAS In-Memory Statistics.
- Gartner Business Intelligence & Analytics Summit, Las Vegas, Mar 30 – Apr 1 - Feb 3, 2015.
Learn how to remaster your skills to deliver the analytic advantage your organization needs in the digital age in order to succeed, get new best practices and leading-edge strategies. KDnuggets discount.
- CIOs name BI and analytics No. 1 investment priority for 2015 - Jan 27, 2015.
Join us at Gartner BI and Analytics Summit 2015, Mar 30 - Apr 1, in Las Vegas, and learn the business impact of advanced analytics and big data to make the right investments for success in the digital age.
- UDEL: Certificate in Analytics: Optimizing Big Data - Jan 23, 2015.
Understand why big data is so important in business decisions and sharpen your data management skills. Classes Feb 19 - May 28 in Wilmington, DE.
- DMA Marketing Analytics Conference, Chicago, Mar 9-11 - Jan 16, 2015.
DMA Marketing Analytics Conference features leading speakers from LinkedIn, IBM, Razorfish, Ford, Northwestern, Adobe, BCBS of North Carolina, The Weather Company, Starwood Hotels, and many more. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Lityx seeks to align with analytic individuals looking to have their own business - Jan 12, 2015.
Lityx Analytics Network seeks to bring together experienced analysts and provides the tools and support for them to run their own analytics business.
- Interview: Paul Robbins, STATS on the Potential and Challenges for Sports Analytics - Jan 5, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at STATS, typical daily tasks, ICE Analytics platform, key challenges, response from coaches/players, career advice and more.
- Interview: Brian Hampton, SF 49ers on Competitive Edge through Football Analytics - Dec 20, 2014.
We discuss the shortcomings of football analytics, how San Francisco 49ers use analytics, future of football analytics, advice and more.
- Interview: Brian Hampton, San Francisco 49ers on Playing Football the Analytics Way - Dec 19, 2014.
We discuss the role of analytics in football, the underrated challenges, evolution since the era of draft trade value chart and analytics-supported team selection.
- U. Tartu: Professor of Data Management and Analytics - Dec 19, 2014.
U. of Tartu, the highest ranked university in the Baltic States, invites applications from outstanding academics for a full-time permanent position of Professor of Data Management and Analytics.
- U. Oklahoma: Faculty, Data Science and Analytics - Nov 20, 2014.
University of Oklahoma invites applicants for a tenure-track position in the field of data science and analytics. Applications will begin review on December 1st and will remain open until this position is filled.
- Big Data & Analytics Innovation Summit, Australia: Day 2 Highlights - Oct 28, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from Paypal, Huawei and Qantas on day 2 of Big Data & Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Sydney, Australia.
- Sports Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 San Francisco: Day 2 Highlights - Oct 11, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Analytics leaders from San Francisco Giants, New York University and LA Dodgers on day 2 of Sports Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in San Francisco.
- Sports Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 San Francisco: Day 1 Highlights - Oct 10, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Analytics leaders from San Francisco 49ers, United States Olympic Committee, and Chelsea FC on day 1 of Sports Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in San Francisco.
- INFORMS Analytic Maturity Model - Sep 21, 2014.
Inspect your organization, its analytics capacity, and its data and infrastructure using the new INFORMS Analytic Maturity Model to improve its analytics abilities for free.
- 10 reasons to attend the Analytics 2014 conference - Sep 17, 2014.
Don't miss Analytics 2014 conference, at Bellagio Las Vegas, Oct 20-21. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should attend, including a KDnuggets discount.