- KDnuggets™ News 17:n06, Feb 15: So What is Big Data? 52 Useful Machine Learning APIs; Data Science finds Perfect Valentines Dates - Feb 15, 2017.
Also Making Python Speak SQL with pandasql; 52 Useful Machine Learning & Prediction APIs, updated; New Poll: Do you support Trump Immigration Ban?
- KDnuggets Exclusive: London Data Festival 2017, Mar 30 & 31 - Feb 13, 2017.
The London Data Festival takes place March 30 & 31, with KDnuggets readers getting £200 off all two-day passes with code KD200.
- So What is Big Data? - Feb 9, 2017.
We examine what experts say about Big Data – is it like teenage sex? Is it more than just a large and complex collection of data? And how many Vs are there?
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n05, Feb 8: Identifying Better Predictors; 5 Career Paths in Big Data, Data Science Explained - Feb 8, 2017.
Identifying Variables That Might Be Better Predictors; 5 Career Paths in Big Data and Data Science, Explained; 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in Artificial Intelligence; 3 practical thoughts on why deep learning performs so well
- 5 Career Paths in Big Data and Data Science, Explained - Feb 6, 2017.
Sexiest job... massive shortage... blah blah blah. Are you looking to get a real handle on the career paths available in "Data Science" and "Big Data?" Read this article for insight on where to look to sharpen the required entry-level skills.
- 3 practical thoughts on why deep learning performs so well - Feb 3, 2017.
Why does Deep Learning perform better than other machine learning methods? We offer 3 reasons: integration of integration of feature extraction within the training process, collection of very large data sets, and technology development.
- IEEE Big Data 2016 keynotes, tutorial presentations - Jan 29, 2017.
Read the keynote and tutorial presentations on important topics including Big Data and Privacy, Mining Unstructured Text Data, Database Decay and How to Avoid It, Trajectory Data Mining, and more.
- Big Data & Analytics Innovation Summit, Singapore, March 1-2, KDnuggets Offer - Jan 23, 2017.
The summit will offer you many opportunities to network with over 250 thought leaders and to dig into multiple aspects within big data. Save 20% with code KDN20.
- Discover our Master in Business Analytics and Big Data! - Jan 23, 2017.
The Master in Business Analytics & Big Data from the IE School of Human Sciences and Technology is an innovative degree offered in a Full-Time (Madrid) and Part-Time (Madrid & Dubai) format to train the new generation of data professionals.
- The Data Science Puzzle, Revisited - Jan 20, 2017.
The data science puzzle is re-examined through the relationship between several key concepts in the realm, and incorporates important updates and observations from the past year. The result is a modified explanatory graphic and rationale.
- The big data ecosystem for science: X-ray crystallography - Jan 19, 2017.
Diffract-and-destroy experiments to accurately determine three-dimensional structures of nano-scale systems can produce 150 TB of data per sample. We review how such Big Data is processed.
- Get Early Price for the priceless: Strata + Hadoop World - Jan 19, 2017.
Whatever you want to learn about data, you’ll find it at Strata + Hadoop World. Take a look at the program and see for yourself, and register by midnight January 20 with code PCKDNG and save up to $670 on your pass.
- More Data or Better Algorithms: The Sweet Spot - Jan 17, 2017.
We examine the sweet spot for data-driven Machine Learning companies, where is not too easy and not too hard to collect the needed data.
- 90 Active Blogs on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning (updated) - Jan 17, 2017.
Stay up-to-date in the data science with active blogs. This is a list of 90 recently active blogs on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Artificial intelligence.
Pages: 1 2
- Hurry – 10 Days Until 2017’s Essential Data Event - Jan 16, 2017.
There are only 10 days to go until the Las Vegas Data & Analytics Summits, and only a handful of passes left. If you haven't had a chance to register yet, do it now!
- Big Data and the Internet of Things don’t make business smarter, Analytics and Data Science do - Jan 12, 2017.
Big Data does not convert data into actionable information. Big Data does not create value. But Data Science does, and it does not have to be complex or expensive, or even big.
- Big Data to Big Profits: Strategies for Monetizing Social, Mobile, and Digital Data with Data Science, Mar 23-24, San Francisco - Jan 9, 2017.
This course will examine how firms can take big data to big profits through data monetization strategies and the best use of data science for growth and innovation across your organization.
- Amazon IISc Young Scientist Big Data Fellowship, Bangalore - Jan 6, 2017.
The fellow should be able to lead an independent research program and will be expected to publish high-quality papers during the fellowship period. Apply by Jan 30, 2017.
- A Funny Look at Big Data and Data Science - Dec 27, 2016.
A less than serious look at Big Data and Data Science. If you can laugh at all cartoons, then your Data Science skills are in good shape.
- I’m A Data Guy And I Don’t Get Why Everyone’s Obsessed With Data - Dec 27, 2016.
In post after post, in article after article, battle-lines are drawn between Big Ideas and Big Data. I really don't get what the fuss is about. What's wrong with having both?
- Over 600 data science, machine learning, Big Data eBooks/videos for only $5 (until Jan 9) - Dec 22, 2016.
Packt have more than 600 data science, analysis, machine learning and Big Data eBooks and video courses. And until Jan 9, 2017 every single one is available for just $5.
- The big data ecosystem for science: Climate Science and Climate Change - Dec 22, 2016.
Climate change is one of the most pressing challenges for human society in the 21st century. We review the Big Data ecosystem for studying the climate change.
- Mark van Rijmenam’s Top 7 Big Data Trends for 2017 - Dec 20, 2016.
Top Big Data expert Mark van Rijmenam weighs in with his top Big Data-related predictions for 2017.
Pages: 1 2
- Top 10 Amazon Books in Databases & Big Data, 2016 Edition - Dec 15, 2016.
Given the ongoing explosion in interest for all things Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc., we have updated our Amazon top books lists from last year. Here are the 10 most popular titles in the Databases & Big Data category.
- The big data ecosystem for science: Genomics - Dec 15, 2016.
The field of genomics has undergone a revolution over the past decade as the cost of sequencing has rapidly declined and the practice of sequencing has been commoditized. We review the Big Data ecosystem in genomics.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n44, Dec 14: Key Data Science 2016 Events, 2017 Trends; Where Data Science was applied; Bayesian Basics - Dec 14, 2016.
Data Science, Predictive Analytics Main Developments in 2016, Key Trends in 2017; Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2016; Bayesian Basics, Explained; Data Science Trends To Look Out For In 2017; Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) Introduction
- Data Science and Big Data: Definitions and Common Myths - Dec 12, 2016.
A well-set data strategy is becoming fundamental to every business, regardless the actual size of the datasets used. However, in order to establish a data framework that works, there are a few misconceptions that need to be clarified.
- The big data ecosystem for science: Physics, LHC, and Cosmology - Dec 8, 2016.
Big Data management is essential for experimental science and technologies used in various science communities often predate those in Big Data industry and in many cases continue to develop independently. This post highlights some of these technologies, focusing on those used by several projects supported by the National Energy Research Scientific Computing Centre (NERSC).
Pages: 1 2
- Data Science Trends To Look Out For In 2017 - Dec 8, 2016.
Machine Learning is here to stay, with more firms following Google and Facebook in the race to attract the best machine learning experts and Data Scientists. We also see a merger of IoT and Data Science. Read on for more trends.
- Navigating the World of Big Data Analytics - Dec 8, 2016.
Fulcrum Agile Analytics Lab- helps our partners test new technologies, new methodologies and new data sets quickly in an environment that can scale up and down and that meets all of their security and compliance requirements. Read to learn more and schedule a consultation.
- Indian Institute of Science: Amazon IISc Young Scientist Big Data Fellowship - Dec 6, 2016.
The fellow should be able to lead an independent research program and will be expected to publish high-quality papers during the fellowship period. Apply by Dec 30, 2016.
- Big Data: Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017 - Dec 6, 2016.
As 2016 comes to a close and we prepare for a new year, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Big Data experts as to the most important developments of 2016 and their 2017 key trend predictions.
- TDWI Analytics, Big Data, Data Science Training: Las Vegas, February - Dec 5, 2016.
TDWI Las Vegas, Feb 12-17 is the leading event for Analytics, Big Data, Data Management and Data Science training, bringing together the brightest minds in data to share their expertise and insights. Choose from 5 core learning tracks, TDWI Leadership Summit, or Data Science Bootcamp.
- How To Make Your Mark As A Woman In Big Data - Dec 3, 2016.
Despite the shift in big data technology innovation that is driving tremendous growth and opportunities, women still play a small role in this arena. Here are 5 thoughts for women considering a career in big data.
- Upcoming Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science: December 2016 and Beyond - Dec 2, 2016.
Coming soon: IEEE Big Data, Big Data/Business Analytics Innovation Summits Las Vegas, AnacondaCON Austin, WSDM 2017 Cambridge, TDWI Las Vegas, and more.
- Smart Data Platform – The Future of Big Data Technology - Dec 2, 2016.
Data processing and analytical modelling are major bottlenecks in today’s big data world, due to need of human intelligence to decide relationships between data, required data engineering tasks, analytical models and it’s parameters. This article talks about Smart Data Platform to help to solve such problems.
- Top Reasons Why Big Data, Data Science, Analytics Initiatives Fail - Dec 1, 2016.
We examine the main reasons for failure in Big Data, Data Science, and Analytics projects which include lack of clear mandate, resistance to change, and not asking the right questions, and what can be done to address these problems.
- Cyber Monday Sale: Save on TDWI Austin, Las Vegas, and more - Nov 28, 2016.
TDWI Conferences are world leading training events for analytics and Big Data, with industry experts sharing their knowledge and experiences in half/full-day sessions on skills you need today. Here are 2 ways to save this Cyber Monday.
- Top 10 Facebook Groups for Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning - Nov 23, 2016.
Social media now not only shares friendship connections or photos of “selfies” but also spreads from political media to science information. Social network members are tending to more eagerly learn about big data, data science and machine learning through groups. We review the ten largest Facebook groups in this area.
- Cartoon: Thanksgiving, Big Data, and Turkey Data Science. - Nov 23, 2016.
We revisit KDnuggets Thanksgiving cartoon, which examines the predicament of one group of fowl Data Scientists.
- iSight Cloud – Lightning fast visualizations on large data sets - Nov 22, 2016.
SnappyData is launching a FREE cloud service called iSight-Cloud so anyone can try our engine and provide us some feedback. You can try our simple demos in a visual environment or even bring your own data sets to try.
- Data & Analytics Festival, Las Vegas – Catch The Early Bird - Nov 15, 2016.
2 great Las Vegas Summits: Big Data Innovation - Learn how to build scalable architecture for an effective data strategy; Business Analytics Innovation - learn how the most innovative companies communicate insight, and much more. Early Bird rates end Nov 25.
- Data Science and Big Data, Explained - Nov 14, 2016.
This article is meant to give the non-data scientist a solid overview of the many concepts and terms behind data science and big data. While related terms will be mentioned at a very high level, the reader is encouraged to explore the references and other resources for additional detail.
- Practical Data Science: Building Minimum Viable Models - Nov 8, 2016.
Data Science for startups based on data: Minimum Valuable Model, a new concept to avoid a full scale 95% accurate data science model. Want to know more about MVM? Have a look at this interesting article.
- Largest Dataset Analyzed Poll shows surprising stability, more junior Data Scientists - Nov 8, 2016.
The majority (57%) of respondents only worked with Gigabyte range data. More junior Data Scientists enter the market, but Petabyte Big Data Scientists still stand apart.
- Chief Data Officer Toolkit: Leading the Digital Business Transformation – Part 2 - Nov 4, 2016.
Read the second and final part of this overview of the CDO Toolkit, which integrates the disciplines of economics and analytics to help the CDO to ascertain the economic value of the organization’s data and data sources.
Pages: 1 2
- Evaluating HTAP Databases for Machine Learning Applications - Nov 2, 2016.
Businesses are producing a greater number of intelligent applications; which traditional databases are unable to support. A new class of databases, Hybrid Transactional and Analytical Processing (HTAP) databases, offers a variety of capabilities with specific strengths and weaknesses to consider. This article aims to give application developers and data scientists a better understanding of the HTAP database ecosystem so they can make the right choice for their intelligent application.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n39, Nov 2: Machine Learning: A Complete and Detailed Overview; Learn Data Science in 8 (Easy) Steps - Nov 2, 2016.
Machine Learning: A Complete and Detailed Overview; Cartoon: Scary Big Data; Learn Data Science in 8 (Easy) Steps; Is Your Code Good Enough to Call Yourself a Data Scientist?; Using Machine Learning to Detect Malicious URLs; Frequent Pattern Mining and the Apriori Algorithm
- Education’s Response to the Big Data Skills Demand - Oct 31, 2016.
What are universities and colleges doing to make Big Data skills easier to obtain, and how are they speeding up the educational process to get these people into the workforce faster?
- Cartoon: Scary Big Data - Oct 29, 2016.
What do Halloween and Big Data have in common? Both can be scary, as new KDnuggets cartoon shows.
- Learn Data Science in 8 (Easy) Steps - Oct 27, 2016.
Want to learn data science? Check out these 8 (easy) steps to set out in the right direction!
Pages: 1 2
- Big Data Science: Expectation vs. Reality - Oct 27, 2016.
The path to success and happiness of the data science team working with big data project is not always clear from the beginning. It depends on maturity of underlying platform, their cross skills and devops process around their day-to-day operations.
- Inside Industry 4.0: What’s Driving The Fourth Industrial Revolution? - Oct 24, 2016.
In the history of mankind and past three major industrial revolutions, horizontal innovations like wheel, steam engine, electricity and integrated chips have always been the crux of it and they changed the world dramatically. Well, fourth one is on its way! Want to know what’s driving it? Have a read at this crisp article.
- Chief Data Officer Toolkit: Leading the Digital Business Transformation – Part 1 - Oct 24, 2016.
CDOs are the new hot role to rock. Read about the CDO Toolkit, which integrates the disciplines of economics and analytics to help the CDO to ascertain the economic value of the organization’s data and data sources.
Pages: 1 2
- Big Data and Data Science hands-on education in Austin – KDnuggets Offer - Oct 24, 2016.
Join us for the Industry’s Leading Data Management Conference Dec 4-9 in Austin, TX, with a special 20% discount for KDnuggets readers.
- KDnuggets Top Blogger: An Interview with Bill Schmarzo, the Dean of Big Data - Oct 24, 2016.
Read an interview with the Dean of Big Data Bill Schmarzo, one of KDnuggets' Top Bloggers for September, and gain some insight on the topics data science, IoT, Big Data... and jeans!
- New Poll: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? - Oct 22, 2016.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? Please vote
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n37, Oct 19: Top Data Science Videos; 12 Interesting Big Data Careers; Deep Learning Key Terms - Oct 19, 2016.
Top 10 Data Science Videos on YouTube; Top 12 Interesting Careers to Explore in Big Data; Deep Learning Key Terms, Explained; Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks, Explained; MLDB: The Machine Learning Database
- Apache: Big Data Europe (Nov. 14-16) – Leading Event for Big Data Technologists - Oct 13, 2016.
Apache: Big Data Europe (Nov 14-16, Seville, Spain) will gather together the Apache projects, people and technologies working in Big Data, ubiquitous computing and data engineering and science to educate, collaborate and connect. Register by Nov 3 to save over $250!
- Top 12 Interesting Careers to Explore in Big Data - Oct 12, 2016.
From data driven strategies to decision making, the true worth of Big Data has been realized, and has led to opening up of amazing career choices. Check out these 12 interesting careers to explore in Big Data.
- Expert Webinars: the Future of Big Data, Oct 19; How recommendation systems works, Oct 20 - Oct 12, 2016.
By 2020, almost every company will derive value and earn revenue from data. This webinar will explain how Big Data and its related technologies are growing today – and what they might look like tomorrow.
- Here’s How IT Departments are Using Big Data - Oct 10, 2016.
The use cases for big data are clear when it comes to areas like marketing, healthcare, and retail, but IT’s use of big data is a little less clear. Recently, however, some IT departments are finding ways to use big data to improve their individual operations along with that of the entire organization.
- Do Multipliers Trump Big Data Analytics? - Oct 10, 2016.
Multipliers and Big Data analytics are tightly integrated. Multipliers feed into and improve the accuracy of our analytics, while analytics feed into and improve the accuracy of our multipliers. They should be used together at all levels of the organization.
- Still Searching for ROI in Big Data Analytics? You’re Not Alone! - Oct 7, 2016.
Are businesses getting the ROI they desire given the hype around big data analytics? With all the promises of big data analytics, why are more than half the companies still in the red with respect to analytics investments?
- UMBC: Data Science/Big Data Faculty Positions - Oct 6, 2016.
UMBC is seeking qualified candidates with research interests and experience in Data Science, a research area with high growth and impact in environmental sciences, health care, security, applied statistics and others.
- Why Not So Hadoop? - Sep 27, 2016.
Are Big Data and Hadoop synonymous? Not really, but they are often conflated. Has Hadoop lived up to its hype? In this article, we will look at a brief history of Hadoop and see where it stands today.
- Top 16 Active Big Data, Data Science Leaders on LinkedIn - Sep 23, 2016.
Who are the most active Big Data, Data Science Influencers and Leaders on LinkedIn? We analyze the data and bring you the list of key people to follow.
- Spark for Scale: Machine Learning for Big Data - Sep 23, 2016.
This post discusses the fundamental concepts for working with big data using distributed computing, and introduces the tools you need to build machine learning models.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Big Data Bootcamp, Tampa, Dec 9-11 - Sep 14, 2016.
Global Big Data Conference is offering 3 day extensive Bootcamp on Big Data on Dec 9-11, 2016 in Tampa. This is a fast paced, vendor agnostic, technical overview of the Big Data landscape.
- Big Data Bootcamp, Atlanta, Oct 7-9 - Sep 13, 2016.
Global Big Data Conference is offering 3 day extensive Bootcamp on Big Data on Oct 7 to Oct 9, 2016 in Atlanta. This is a fast paced, vendor agnostic, technical overview of the Big Data landscape.
- Big Data and The Internet of Things: A Match Made in Heaven - Sep 12, 2016.
Think of data as the fuel that helps the Internet of Things run. Big data and the IoT basically go hand in hand -- a match made in heaven, so to speak.
- Big Data Bootcamp, Denver, Sep 30-Oct 2 - Sep 12, 2016.
This is a fast paced, vendor agnostic, technical overview of the Big Data landscape. No prior knowledge of databases or programming is assumed. Use code KDNUGGETS to save - register now!
- Big Data is Too Big to Die - Sep 9, 2016.
As the traditionalist data analytics professionals dig their heels in and refuse to give in to the Big Data deluge, it is fast becoming clear that the volume of evidence for the new movement is too substantial to deny.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 31 – Sep 06: Everyone else data is smaller than you think - Sep 7, 2016.
Everyone else data is smaller than you think; Cartoon: Data Scientist - the sexiest job of the 21st century until ... ; Amazon gets new UK presence, hires top #MachineLearning researcher Neil Lawrence, his team.
- Big Data Dilemma: Save Me Money Versus Make Me Money - Sep 7, 2016.
Does your organization see Big Data as an opportunity to “Save Me More Money”, or does your organization see Big Data as an opportunity to “Make Me More Money”?
- 7 Big Data Steps in Health Science - Sep 1, 2016.
Our doctors are now getting help from Big Data, which is becoming more entrenched and more crucial to reducing the investment needed to keep us healthy. But, how does Big Data actually do this?
- More answers, less theory from Big Guns at Big Data LDN, Nov 3-4 - Sep 1, 2016.
This new free-to-attend conference seeks to help businesses debunk Big Data myths with real-life case studies, and is expected to attract 3000 attendees over two days.
- Whitepaper: Big Data Visualization With Datashader - Aug 30, 2016.
Download this free whitepaper on how datashader helps tame the complexity of visualizing large amounts of data, along with examples for accomplishing this.
- The top 5 Big Data courses to help you break into the industry - Aug 25, 2016.
Here is a review of top 5 providers of Big Data and Data Science courses
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 10-16: 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into a #DataScience or #BigData Career - Aug 17, 2016.
5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into a #DataScience or #BigData Career; Visualizing 1 Billion Points of #Data Webinar; #Cartoon: Make Data Great Again!; The role of the activation function in a #NeuralNetwork
- Big Data Doesn’t Rule The Olympics - Aug 13, 2016.
Whenever there is a Big Data conversation, especially in sports, expectations have to be set correctly. Big Data isn’t perfect, but it is a lot better than the more superficial methods of making a judgment.
- 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Data Science or Big Data Career - Aug 11, 2016.
A short, carefully-curated list of 5 free ebooks to help you better understand what Data Science is all about and how you can best prepare for a career in data science, big data, and data analysis.
- Big Data Key Terms, Explained - Aug 11, 2016.
Just getting started with Big Data, or looking to iron out the wrinkles in your current understanding? Check out these 20 Big Data-related terms and their concise definitions.
Pages: 1 2
- Stanford Webinar – Supersize Your Career with Big Data Opportunities - Aug 9, 2016.
Sign up for this upcoming webinar which will outline the variety of big data programs offered by Stanford to working professionals and answer common questions.
- Make Your Data Greater: Big Data Innovation, IoT, Data Visualization Summits, Boston, Sep 8-9 - Aug 2, 2016.
Check Big Data Innovation, Internet of Things, and Data Visualization Summits in Boston, Sep 8-9, 2016. The program is filling out with new sessions being added every week - the depth and breadth of content covered is unrivaled. Use code KD10 for 10% off All Access path.
- KDnuggets Free Bronze Pass to Strata + Hadoop World New York City, Sep 28-29, 2016 - Jul 30, 2016.
Strata + Hadoop World is the leading event on how big data and ubiquitous, real-time computing is shaping the course of business and society. Win KDnuggets free pass to Strata + Hadoop World New York City.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n27, Jul 27: 5 Big Data Projects You Cant Overlook; Pokemon Go and Big Data; SAS vs R vs Python - Jul 27, 2016.
5 Big Data Projects You Can No Longer Overlook; What Has Pokemon Got To Do With Big Data? 10 Great Talks From SciPy 2016; SAS vs R vs Python: Which Tool Do Analytics Pros Prefer?
- Global Big Data Conference, Santa Clara, Aug 30 – Sep 1, 2016 - Jul 25, 2016.
Understand emerging big data trends, develop new technical skills through hands on workshops, analyze multiple industry case studies, learn emerging best practices in big data. Use code KDNUGGETS to save.
- What Has Pokemon Got To Do With Big Data? - Jul 23, 2016.
For me, the millions of people around the world playing Pokémon last weekend (and crashing their servers on a regular basis) showed me a glimpse of the future. There may well be an opportunity for real-time Big Data - I will give you a glimpse.
- Big Data Bootcamp, Boston, Aug 19-21 - Jul 21, 2016.
This is a fast paced, vendor agnostic, technical overview of the Big Data landscape. No prior knowledge of databases or programming is assumed. Use code KDNUGGETS to save - extra discount if you register by July 31.
- 5 Big Data Projects You Can No Longer Overlook - Jul 21, 2016.
Check out 5 Big Data projects that you are not likely to have seen before, but which may be useful to you, and perhaps even scratch an itch you didn't know you had.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n26, Jul 20: Bayesian Machine Learning, Explained; Start Learning Deep Learning; Big Data is in Trouble - Jul 20, 2016.
Bayesian Machine Learning, Explained; How to Start Learning Deep Learning; Why Big Data is in Trouble: They Forgot About Applied Statistics; Data Mining/Data Science "Nobel Prize": 2016 SIGKDD Innovation Award to Philip S. Yu
- Why Big Data is in Trouble: They Forgot About Applied Statistics - Jul 18, 2016.
This "classic" (but very topical and certainly relevant) post discusses issues that Big Data can face when it forgets, or ignores, applied statistics. As great of a discussion today as it was 2 years ago.
- 10 Algorithm Categories for A.I., Big Data, and Data Science - Jul 14, 2016.
With a focus on leveraging algorithms and balancing human and AI capital, here are the top 10 algorithm categories used to implement A.I., Big Data, and Data Science.
- Online Courses: Big Data Projects and Data Science Pipelines - Jul 14, 2016.
Check out these online courses from O'Reilly Media on managing big data projects and building distributed data pipelines.
- Take a Risk Free Hadoop Ride. Save up to 80% cost and offload time. - Jul 14, 2016.
The Impetus Data Warehouse Workload Migration product is a proven, cost-effective, and low-risk solution to offload traditional data warehouse to Big Data warehouse. Contact us for a proof-of-concept.
- Using Big Data and Predictive Analytics to Reach 63% Growth – case study - Jul 12, 2016.
Join The Big Data Channel and Innovation Enterprise for three summits September 8 & 9 in Boston, where KDnuggets readers get a 10% discount. Register now!
- Big Data, Bible Codes, and Bonferroni - Jul 8, 2016.
This discussion will focus on 2 particular statistical issues to be on the look out for in your own work and in the work of others mining and learning from Big Data, with real world examples emphasizing the importance of statistical processes in practice.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 29 – Jul 5: Big Data Ecosystem is Too Damn Big!; Deep Learning Intro with Caffe and Python - Jul 6, 2016.
The #BigData Ecosystem is Too Damn Big!; A Practical Introduction to #DeepLearning with Caffe and #Python; What do Postgres, Kafka, and Bitcoin have in common?
- 3 Key Ethics Principles for Big Data and Data Science - Jul 6, 2016.
If ethics in general are important, should ethics training be a crucial element of the data science field?
- Determining the Economic Value of Data - Jun 30, 2016.
This post introduces a data economic valuation process that uses an organization’s key business initiatives as this basis for establishing prudent value.
Pages: 1 2
- Big Data into Big Profits: Northwestern Executive Education Course, Aug 25-26, San Francisco - Jun 30, 2016.
Join Northwestern Executive Education Course "Big Data to Big Profits: Strategies for Monetizing Social, Mobile, and Digital Data with Data Science", Aug 25-26, in San Francisco.
- The Big Data Ecosystem is Too Damn Big - Jun 28, 2016.
The Big Data ecosystem is just too damn big! It's complex, redundant, and confusing. There are too many layers in the technology stack, too many standards, and too many engines. Vendors? Too many. What is the user to do?
- BigDebug: Debugging Primitives for Interactive Big Data Processing in Spark - Jun 27, 2016.
An overview of a recent paper outlining BigDebug, which provides real-time interactive debugging support for Data-Intensive Scalable Computing (DISC) systems, or more particularly, Apache Spark.
Pages: 1 2
- Strata + Hadoop World, New York City, Sep 26-29 – KDnuggets discount - Jun 22, 2016.
Strata + Hadoop World is where cutting-edge science and new business fundamentals intersect-and merge. It's a deep dive into emerging techniques and technologies. Get 20% off with code PCKDNG.
- What Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning software goes together? - Jun 14, 2016.
We analyze the associations between top Data Science tools, Commercial vs Free/Open Source, rank tools on R vs Python bias, find tools more associated with Big Data, those more associated with Deep Learning, and uncover strong regional differences.
Pages: 1 2 3
- 5 Best Practices for Big Data Security - Jun 9, 2016.
Lack of data security can not only result in financial losses, but may also damage the reputation of organizations. Take a look at some of the most important data security best practices that can reduce the risks associated with analyzing a massive amount of data.
- Data Science of Variable Selection: A Review - Jun 7, 2016.
There are as many approaches to selecting features as there are statisticians since every statistician and their sibling has a POV or a paper on the subject. This is an overview of some of these approaches.
- Big Data Business Model Maturity Index and the Internet of Things (IoT) - Jun 7, 2016.
This post explores how organizations could use the Big Data Business Model Maturity Index (BDBMMI) to exploit the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Strategize Your Data Capabilities to Maximize Business Performance - Jun 7, 2016.
Attend Big Data Innovation Summit on Sep 8-9 in Boston and learn how to organize your data science team, increase productivity, construct an effective data strategy, and use the most advanced data tools and technologies.
- Master in Business Analytics & Big Data: In Madrid or online - Jun 6, 2016.
The Master in Business Analytics & Big Data is an innovative gateway degree that is designed to train the new generation of business-oriented, analytical professionals who are in high demand by recruiters. Choose from full-time in Madrid or part-time in Madrid/Dubai + online.
- Building Data Systems: What Do You Need? - Jun 3, 2016.
This post shares some insight gained through years of building data-powered products, and discusses the capabilities you need to have in place in order to successfully build and maintain data systems and data infrastructure.
Pages: 1 2
- Understanding Modern Data Systems - Jun 2, 2016.
A look at the four characteristics that differentiate data infrastructure development from traditional development, and the key issues to look out for.
- Do You Need Big Data or Smart Data? Part 2 - Jun 2, 2016.
It can be easy to get carried away with the deluge of big data and to rely on its abundance to deliver better models. However, use of data without context and objective could prove counterproductive; contextual and objective driven samples from the large volume and variety of data can be effective tools.
- Do You Need Big Data or Smart Data? Part 1 - Jun 1, 2016.
Analyzing Big Data without paying attention to its characteristics and objective can be detrimental, the fix for which can be correct and effective sampling. Read on to transform your Big Data to Smart Data.
- Beyond Big Data Skills: Creating the Right DNA for the Managers of the Data-driven Business World - May 31, 2016.
Advice to schools and universities to help them prepare the future managers of the data-driven business world. One key step is to get managers acquainted with data by touching data, manipulating it, and 'playing' with it.
- IBM: Big Data Architect - May 27, 2016.
Seeking qualified candidates that will assist with shaping the design and implementation of Big Data projects as part of multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- CRN Big Data Startups to Watch in 2016 - May 27, 2016.
The CRN editorial team has released its annual Big Data 100 report for 2016, which includes the 55 Big Data Startups to Watch in 2016. Get the info here.
- Automakers Must Partner Around Big Data - May 26, 2016.
A discussion on the need for auto manufacturers to come together and leverage Big Data.
Pages: 1 2
- Trust and Analytics in the Banking Sector - May 26, 2016.
This post explores the intricate relationship between customers, trust, and analytics in the banking sector, and offer actions that banks may need to take to assess the way they assure trust across the analytics lifecycle.
- CRN Top Data Management Technologies Vendors 2016 - May 26, 2016.
The CRN editorial team has released its annual Big Data 100 report for 2016. Check out which companies made the list of Data Management Vendors.
- 5 Ways in Which Big Data Can Help Leverage Customer Data - May 25, 2016.
Every business enterprise realizes the importance of big data but rarely puts the customer data that they possess to good use. Here are few ways enterprises can leverage customer data.
- UnitedHealth Group: Hadoop Big Data Developer - May 25, 2016.
Seeking a Hadoop Big Data Developer for a large scale Big Data Program which involves ingesting hundreds of files into a Hadoop ecosystem, enriching Hadoop data, and distributing significant amounts of that data to SQL and to dozens of other applications.
- CRN Top Platform and Tools Vendors 2016 - May 25, 2016.
The CRN editorial team has released its annual Big Data 100 report for 2016. Check out which companies made the list of Platform and Tools Vendors.
- CRN Top Business Analytics Vendors 2016 - May 24, 2016.
The CRN editorial team has released its annual Big Data 100 report for 2016. Check out which companies made the list of Business Analytics Vendors.
- Big Data: Content and Technology - May 11, 2016.
A discussion of using Big Data to provide insight into the big economic questions, and the big expectations that come along.
Pages: 1 2
- Big Data Innovation, Data Visualization, IoT Summits, Boston, Sep 8-9 - May 9, 2016.
Save the date for 3 Boston Summit, Sep 8-9: Big Data Innovation, Data Visualization, and Internet of Things. Supersaver rates end June 10.
- Meet the 11 Big Data & Data Science Leaders on LinkedIn - May 6, 2016.
In this post, we present a list of popular data science leaders on LinkedIn. Follow these leaders who will keep you in touch with the latest Data Science happenings!
- Stanford Webinar: The Secret to a Perfect Search, May 17 - May 5, 2016.
What makes “googling” the best way to search for something on the Internet? Join Rajan Patel, Stanford Instructor and Google Engineer, as he shares insights into the manipulation of large complex data sets and how you can turn them into valuable, actionable information for your company.
- Survey: Why Companies Still Fail to Get Full Value From Big Data - Apr 29, 2016.
Any company that has decided to put efforts in data has to face bringing these projects from the design and development phase to the production phase at some point. So tell us how you do it. And we’ll tell you what we learned from you.