- Hadoop Is Falling – Why? - Mar 1, 2017.
Three years ago, looking beyond Hadoop was insanity, and there was little else that could come close. Recently, adoption of Hadoop has slowed down considerably. We examine why.
- Why Not So Hadoop? - Sep 27, 2016.
Are Big Data and Hadoop synonymous? Not really, but they are often conflated. Has Hadoop lived up to its hype? In this article, we will look at a brief history of Hadoop and see where it stands today.
- Big Data is Too Big to Die - Sep 9, 2016.
As the traditionalist data analytics professionals dig their heels in and refuse to give in to the Big Data deluge, it is fast becoming clear that the volume of evidence for the new movement is too substantial to deny.
- Stop Blaming Terminator for Bad AI Journalism - Aug 11, 2016.
Too often, we blame The Terminator for the public's misconceptions concerning machine learning. But do James Cameron and the Austrian Oak stand wrongfully accused?
- What is the success rate in Hadoop adoption? - Aug 28, 2015.
Hadoop is no more an unknown term for the big data analytics, it’s to find its value return. Here, we tried to explore on the popular opinions of the Hadoop adopters, we also talk about current challenges for adoption.
- In Machine Learning, What is Better: More Data or better Algorithms - Jun 17, 2015.
Gross over-generalization of “more data gives better results” is misguiding. Here we explain, in which scenario more data or more features are helpful and which are not. Also, how the choice of the algorithm affects the end result.
- Essays On Statistics Denial - May 20, 2015.
Statistics denial comes in waves as areas of application discover and rediscover the potential of data insights. We examine the statistics denial myths and where they come from.
- Debunking Big Data Myths. Again - Jan 11, 2015.
Myths change with understanding. Misunderstandings on some of the current myths surrounding big data as follows will fade away: big data is made for big business, big data adoption is high and machine learning overcomes human bias.
- 2014 in Review: Top KDnuggets tweets in August - Jan 1, 2015.
Worst Venn Diagram ever? ThomsonReuters needs a new graphic designer; The World Bank sums up the entire global economy in one chart; #BigData moves to "Trough of Disillusionment" in Gartner 2014 Hype Cycle; xkcd: Boyfriend as a statistically "significant" other.
- KDnuggets Interview: Paul Zikopoulos, IBM on Big Data Opportunities and Challenges - Dec 14, 2014.
We discuss the value of Big Data for SMBs, how Cognitive will impact Big Data, IBM’s distinction from competition, significant trends and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week, Nov 17-23: Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology? - Nov 24, 2014.
Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever?; Huge advance by Stanford and Google: #AI software recognizes images, writes captions; 20 Insane Things That Correlate W/ Each Other.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 17-18: Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever? - Nov 19, 2014.
Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever? No (at least not yet); How to become a data scientist in 8 (not so) easy steps;R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 18-19: Big Data moves to “Trough of Disillusionment” in Gartner Hype Cycle - Aug 20, 2014.
Big Data moves to "Trough of Disillusionment" in Gartner Hype Cycle; Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining; Statistics.com Online Courses and Certificate Programs in Data Science; Exploring Hotel Review Data from Trip Advisor with R.
- Interview: Michael Berthold, KNIME Founder, on Research, Creativity, Big Data, and Privacy, Part 2 - Aug 12, 2014.
We discuss interesting research projects, scientific research and creativity, Big Data hype and reality, is privacy still possible, and advice for beginning Data Scientists.
- KDnuggets Interview: Juan Miguel Lavista, Microsoft Data Science Team - Apr 30, 2014.
We discuss Randomized Controlled Experiments, common errors during A/B testing, Correlation vs. Causality, Big Data Myths and setting up realistic expectations from Big Data and more...
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Part 2 of the Interview with Yann LeCun - Feb 20, 2014.
We discuss how far AI is likely to go, how Data Science to Statistics is like Computer Science was to Math, Big Data hype and reality, and advice to beginning Data Scientists.