- 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook, January - Jan 2, 2017.
There are a lot of popular machine learning projects out there, but many more that are not. Which of these are actively developed and worth checking out? Here is an offering of 5 such projects, the most recent in an ongoing series.
- Data Science Basics: An Introduction to Ensemble Learners - Nov 8, 2016.
New to classifiers and a bit uncertain of what ensemble learners are, or how different ones work? This post examines 3 of the most popular ensemble methods in an approach designed for newcomers.
- Ensemble Methods: Elegant Techniques to Produce Improved Machine Learning Results - Feb 12, 2016.
Get a handle on ensemble methods from voting and weighting to stacking and boosting, with this well-written overview that includes numerous Python-style pseudocode examples for reinforcement.
Pages: 1 2
- Lessons from 2 Million Machine Learning Models on Kaggle - Dec 24, 2015.
Lessons from Kaggle competitions, including why XG Boosting is the top method for structured problems, Neural Networks and deep learning dominate unstructured problems (visuals, text, sound), and 2 types of problems for which Kaggle is suitable.
- Are you trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills? - Sep 16, 2015.
Embarking on a journey through the lands of machine learning? Here are few important lessons like Feature Engineering, Model tuning, Overfitting, Ensembling etc. which you should keep in mind along the way.
- Top 10 Data Mining Algorithms, Explained - May 21, 2015.
Top 10 data mining algorithms, selected by top researchers, are explained here, including what do they do, the intuition behind the algorithm, available implementations of the algorithms, why use them, and interesting applications.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Sibyl: Google’s system for Large Scale Machine Learning - Aug 20, 2014.
A review of 2014 keynote talk about Sibyl, Google system for large scale machine learning. Parallel Boosting algorithm and several design principles are introduced.
- Gaming Analytics Summit 2014: Day 1 Highlights - May 29, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Gaming Analytics experts from Activision, Valve, Microsoft and Broken Bulb Studios on Day 1 of Gaming Analytics Summit 2014.
- Identity Fraud and Analytics – An Overview - Mar 26, 2014.
With the consumers being increasingly concerned about identity theft, leading financial institutions are leveraging analytics to detect Identity Fraud as it happens.
- Building Better Models – Case studies in Predictive Analysis – JMP Webcasts - Jan 27, 2014.
The five-part on-demand series shows how to build better and more useful models with modern predictive modeling techniques such as regression, neural networks and decision trees.