- They Want to Get Rid of Me! (Data Scientist Lament) - Apr 21, 2017.
We examine “citizen” data scientists and debate between Jeffersonians, who seek to empower everyday worker with data science tools, and Platonists who argue that democratizing data science leads to anarchy and overfitting.
- Top mistakes data scientists make when dealing with business people - Apr 13, 2017.
There are no cover articles praising the fails of the many data scientists that don’t live up to the hype. Here we examine 3 typical mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Predictive Analytics World for Business, June 19-22, Chicago - Feb 20, 2017.
Join your peers at Predictive Analytics World for Business and tap the potential of predictive analytics to optimize business. You will grasp it, own it, and put it to use by learning from the best of the best.
- Ferris State University: Assistant Professor Business Data Analytics - Feb 2, 2017.
Required: Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Statistics, or closely related field. Prior teaching experience at College/University level or at least 2 years work experience in data analysis, statistics, consulting/research or closely related field.
- Big Data and the Internet of Things don’t make business smarter, Analytics and Data Science do - Jan 12, 2017.
Big Data does not convert data into actionable information. Big Data does not create value. But Data Science does, and it does not have to be complex or expensive, or even big.
- How To Stay Competitive In Machine Learning Business - Jan 4, 2017.
To stay competitive in machine learning business, you have to be superior than your rivals and not the best possible – says one of the leading machine learning expert. Simple rules are defined here to make that happen. Let’s see how.
- Uber-fication! Uberize Your Business - Jan 2, 2017.
We examine what Uber has done that drives success in many markets across the globe and why so many businesses are seeking an Uber-style solution to their business. We present a listing of lessons on what to do if you are seeking to Uber-ize your business model.
- PAW Business, NYC Oct 23-27: Last Chance to Save - Oct 18, 2016.
Predictive Analytics World for Business comes to the Jacob Javits Center in New York City, October 23-27. Register by October 22 and get $350 off of onsite rates when combined with KDnuggets reader discount!
- Expert Webinars: the Future of Big Data, Oct 19; How recommendation systems works, Oct 20 - Oct 12, 2016.
By 2020, almost every company will derive value and earn revenue from data. This webinar will explain how Big Data and its related technologies are growing today – and what they might look like tomorrow.
- Here’s How IT Departments are Using Big Data - Oct 10, 2016.
The use cases for big data are clear when it comes to areas like marketing, healthcare, and retail, but IT’s use of big data is a little less clear. Recently, however, some IT departments are finding ways to use big data to improve their individual operations along with that of the entire organization.
- KDnuggets Free Bronze Pass to Strata + Hadoop World New York City, Sep 28-29, 2016 - Jul 30, 2016.
Strata + Hadoop World is the leading event on how big data and ubiquitous, real-time computing is shaping the course of business and society. Win KDnuggets free pass to Strata + Hadoop World New York City.
- 4 Simple Ways To Use Data to Grow Your Business in 2016 - Feb 23, 2016.
With the rise of new, affordable, and easy-to-use tools, business owners have started to get a better picture with the data. Here, we introduce you to a couple of these handy analytics tools to manage data within the organization, build customer loyalty and explore it with visualisation.
Pages: 1 2
- CEOs Pursue Data and Analytics for Stakeholder Engagement - Jan 21, 2016.
PWC’s Global CEO Survey highlights the strategic importance of Data and Analytics for achieving wider stakeholder engagement.
- U. of Iowa Tippie College of Business: Business Director, Analytics Academy - Dec 10, 2015.
Lead Business Analytics Career Academy which supports technical, analytical, and leadership skill development for MBA students interested in analytics-related career paths.
- Predictive Analytics + Hadoop = Business Impact, Dec 15 Webinar - Dec 4, 2015.
Learn how to use Predictive Analytics and Hadoop to Turn the Promise of Big Data into Business Impact in this webinar with RapidMiner Founder and CTO Ingo Mierswa and leading Gartner Analyst Merv Adrian.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 1-7: 60+ Free books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Python, R - Sep 8, 2015.
The one language a Data Scientist must master (it is not R, Python or SQL); 60+ Free #ebooks on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning; Commonly Misunderstood #Analytics Terms.
- How To Become a Data Scientist And Get Hired - May 1, 2015.
A data scientist should be able to choose the right technology, understand the business context and solve a wide range of problems. To hire the the right data scientist, check the tips list in the post.
- KDnuggets Interview: Paul Zikopoulos, IBM on Big Data Opportunities and Challenges - Dec 14, 2014.
We discuss the value of Big Data for SMBs, how Cognitive will impact Big Data, IBM’s distinction from competition, significant trends and more.
- Hiring Data Scientists: What to look for? - Sep 9, 2014.
Know key characteristics of what makes up a good data scientist based upon the three authors’ consulting and research experience, having collaborated with many companies world-wide on the topics of big data and analytics.
- Leeds Business Analytics Conference, Sep 18-19, CU Boulder - Aug 24, 2014.
Top names in business analytics come to the Leeds Analytics conference at CU Boulder, creating a unique opportunity to learn practical applications of analytics today and to network with key analytics professionals.
- April-July 2014 Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Apr 1, 2014.
Coming soon - Big Data Innovation Summit (Santa Clara), MLconf NYC, SDM 13, PAW Toronto, PAKDD, AnalyticsWorld Chicago, Future of Consumer Intelligence, Useful Business Analytics Boston, and many more.
- INFORMS: The Business of Big Data Conference, San Jose, June 22-24 - Mar 21, 2014.
The new INFORMS conference would help Analytics Professionals and Operations Researchers to get from data discovery to real business value. Sign up at the early rates until May 23.
- INFORMS Conference on The Business of Big Data, San Jose, June 22-24 - Feb 4, 2014.
The new INFORMS conference would help Analytics Professionals and Operations Researchers to get from data discovery to real business value. Sign up now at the early rates.