- Join 350+ Insurance executives at Insurance Analytics Canada, Toronto, June 28-29 - Apr 5, 2017.
The largest gathering of insurance analytics, data and technology executives in Canada in back in 2017 – the Insurance Analytics Canada Summit (June 28-29, Toronto). KDnuggets readers use code 4819KD200 to save.
- R2: DevOps for Data Science - Feb 22, 2017.
Seeking a DevOps for data science to join the research and development team. The right person will find him or herself in an exciting and challenging environment, at the interface of quantitative science, software engineering and industrial processes.
- U. of Calgary: Professor, Tier 1 Canada Research Chair, Biomedical Engineering - Feb 6, 2017.
The University of Calgary invites applications for a tenured Professor position with investigators in the Biomedical Engineering (BME) Calgary Initiative. The successful candidate will be nominated for an NSERC Tier 1 Canada Research Chair.
- Data Is the Language of Modern Marketing, Toronto, Nov 28-29 - Nov 10, 2016.
This event will focus on the use of data and analytics for the customer and help marketers to master customer intelligence and the use of analytics. Data Marketing will offer the attendees Master Classes, Panel Discussions, and Keynotes led by 80+ leading experts.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, September: Open Images Dataset; Whopping Deep Learning Grant; Advanced ML Courseware - Oct 7, 2016.
Google Research announces the Open Images dataset; Canadian Government Deep Learning Research grant; DeepMind: WaveNet - A Generative Model for Raw Audio; Machine Learning in a Year - From total noob to using it at work; Phd-level machine learning courses; xkcd: Linear Regression
- Hiring Foreign Data Scientists in the US – A Primer on Visas - Oct 3, 2016.
To alleviate the shortage of Data Scientists, many companies look to hire overseas and need to navigate the complex and expensive visa process. Here we compare two common visa categories for data scientists across 6 criteria employers care about (eligibility, legal fees, filing fees, quota, length of process, and chances of approval).
- Upcoming Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science: October and Beyond - Oct 1, 2016.
Coming soon: Data Science Conference Seattle, ODSC London, PAPIs Boston, PAW London, PAW Government DC, Deep Learning Summit Singapore, PAW Business NYC, IBM World of Watson, and many more.
- Connect with IoT Leaders, Learn and Network at Connected+, Toronto, Oct 12-13 - Aug 8, 2016.
This premier event offers a 360-degree view of the connected device ecosystems and all IoT verticals. Early bird till Aug 11. Use code KDNuggetspromo for extra savings.
- TD: Sr. Manager, Visualization - Apr 13, 2016.
Seeking a Senior Manager, Visualization, as a key part of a dynamic, innovative team that develops statistical models, data mining/analytical solutions and visualization solutions, and engages in leading-edge analytical and modelling work.
- TD: Sr. Manager, Analytics Innovation - Apr 13, 2016.
Seeking a Senior Manager, Analytics Innovation, to be part of a dynamic, innovative team, exhibiting hands-on experience working in Big Data Analytical environments, a deep understanding of analytical techniques, and previous success building strong working relationships.
- TD: Sr. Manager, Data Science - Apr 13, 2016.
Seeking a Senior Manager, Data Science, with a deep understanding of data mining and analytical technique, with a passion for doing leading-edge analytical work with big data alongside a dynamic, innovative team.
- TD: Data Scientist - Apr 13, 2016.
Seeking a Data Scientist with a deep understanding of data mining and analytical technique, with a passion for doing leading-edge analytical work with big data alongside a dynamic, innovative team.
- Manulife: AVP, Advanced/Operational Analytics - Mar 15, 2016.
Lead a senior team of advanced analytics/data science professionals to explore ways to monetize data assets using advanced analytical techniques.
- BIG Data Analytics for Industrial Process Improvement April 18-20, Niagara Falls, Canada - Mar 14, 2016.
Using multivariate data analysis, the course will teach you how to improve product quality, increase yield and how to monitor, optimize and control your process.
- Apache Big Data, Vancouver, May 9-12, KDnuggets Discount, Early bird ends Mar 6 - Mar 4, 2016.
Apache Big Data brings together the full suite of Big Data open source projects - check the amazing lineup of keynotes and breakout sessions and save with code APBD16KDN20.
- HeroX Integra Gold Rush Data Science Challenge - Oct 3, 2015.
The Integra Gold Rush Challenge invites people from around the world, from any background to analyze this data and win prizes totaling CAD $1 million.
- TMA Predictive Analytics Data Mining Training [Wash. DC, May | Toronto, Aug] - Apr 28, 2015.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with hands-on, immersive training and goal-driven strategy - get it from The Modeling Agency in Washington DC (May), Toronto (Aug).
- TMA Predictive Analytics Data Mining Training [Wash. DC, May | Toronto, Aug] - Mar 24, 2015.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with hands-on, immersive training and goal-driven strategy - get it from The Modeling Agency in Washington DC (May), Toronto (Aug)
- D-Wave Systems (Quantum Computing): Machine Learning Researcher - Mar 14, 2015.
The science fiction future is here. Help design and implement novel machine learning and deep learning algorithms that leverage the power of the D-Wave quantum computer.
- KDD-2017, top conference on Data Mining, Data Science Research coming to Halifax, Canada - Mar 10, 2015.
The 2017 edition of KDD, the leading conference on Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining, and Data Science Research will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science professionals well compensated - Mar 3, 2015.
US, Canada, and Australian analytics professionals are paid the most, with US/Canada Industry Data Science Managers earning on average $177K, Industry Data Scientists $126K, Academic Researchers $119K, and Data Analysts $86K.
- UBC: Data Science, Canada Research Chair Tier 1 - Oct 10, 2014.
U. of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, seeks candidates for a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Data Science, at a senior tenured associate professor or professor level. Apply by Jan 31, 2015.
- CTC-CCT: Digital Research Analyst - Sep 29, 2014.
Help inspire the world to explore Canada. Aide inspirer le monde entier à explorer le Canada. We do so by promoting a compelling and consistent image of our country in the international tourism marketplace. Apply by Oct 9.
- Data Scientists Salary Survey: US, Canada, Australia lead - Mar 21, 2014.
Data Scientists Salary Survey shows that industry data scientists are in a sweet spot, especially in US, Canada, and Australia, with average salary $135K. European and Asian data scientists salaries are significantly lower.
- R2: Data Scientist - Jan 30, 2014.
Looking for a data scientist with the curiosity to derive new insights from data and the drive to deliver that insight into production, to help our clients to transform their practice in the industry.
- USherbrooke: Post-doctoral researcher in informatics of aging - Jan 28, 2014.
The Aging Research Center, a multi-disciplinary center with many large, unique data sets, seeking a postdoc who can facilitate collaborations among researchers with diverse interests.