- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 15-21: Reverse-engineering a $500M AI company in one week; Climate Change Denial and CO2 Emissions - Mar 22, 2017.
Also Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman - The Elements of Statistical Learning Book PDF; Getting Close and Personal w. #MachineLearning #Algorithms; Open Source Toolkits for Speech Recognition.
- Climate Change Denial and CO2 Emissions – What is the Connection? - Mar 17, 2017.
We examine the connection between Climate Change Denial and CO2 emissions and find a strong correlation - countries with higher CO2 emissions/capita also have higher percentage of climate skeptics.
- Interview: UN/WDC “Data For Climate Action” Challenge – What Data Scientists Need to Know - Mar 13, 2017.
We ask UN Global Pulse Director about the 'Data For Climate Action' Challenge, the best sources of climate data, examples of using data for climate mitigation and climate adaptation, and resources for convincing climate change skeptics.
- “Data For Climate Action” Challenge – call for research proposals - Mar 13, 2017.
The challenge is to harness data science and big data from the private sector to fight climate change. Data scientists, researchers, and innovators - submit proposals at DataForClimateAction.org by 10 April 2017.
- The big data ecosystem for science: Climate Science and Climate Change - Dec 22, 2016.
Climate change is one of the most pressing challenges for human society in the 21st century. We review the Big Data ecosystem for studying the climate change.
- Climate Change, Clearly Visualized - Jan 13, 2016.
Global warming has been argued in depths and breadths and arguments for and against are championed too.Here, with a simple data science we obtained a simple (and increasingly accepted) conclusion: the global warming is real.
- ORNL: Senior Research Scientist in Climate Change Data Integration, Dissemination, and Informatics - Jan 3, 2016.
This person will help us solve the "big data" problem associated with studying the climate system and how natural and human systems influence and are impacted by a changing climate.
- How Big Data and Predictive Analytics can help manage climate change - Dec 31, 2015.
We review how Big data and data science can provide accurate analytics to help deal with climate change with tools like Global Forest Watch, Microsoft Research’s Madingley Model, and the Google Earth Engine.
- Global Data Competition focused on Climate Change - Jul 12, 2015.
This inaugural global data competition is focused on Climate Change and split into 22 regions around the world.
- Simple Data Science of Global Warming - Jan 19, 2015.
You don't have to be a climatologist to empirically confirm global warming. It is enough to have a computer, a reliable data set of historical temperatures, and software like R to do simple calculations.
- Nate Silver FiveThirtyEight tackles Climate Change, fails on Data Science - Mar 28, 2014.
Nate Silver FiveThirtyEight forays into climate science and drowns in criticism for bad data analysis. We examine a basic data science question: Can we tell if natural disasters are related to climate?