- “Data For Climate Action” Challenge – call for research proposals - Mar 13, 2017.
The challenge is to harness data science and big data from the private sector to fight climate change. Data scientists, researchers, and innovators - submit proposals at DataForClimateAction.org by 10 April 2017.
- The HPI Future SOC Lab offers researchers free access to a powerful Big Data infrastructure - Mar 10, 2017.
The HPI Future SOC (Service-Oriented Computing) Lab is a cooperation of the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) and industrial partners, providing free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure. It is now accepting project proposals for 2017.
- 89degrees: SAS Administrator - Feb 16, 2017.
Seeking a SAS Administrator who will be responsible for the architecture, implementation and support of our enterprise-scale SAS environments hosted within 89 Degrees’ data center or in the Cloud.
- Inside Industry 4.0: What’s Driving The Fourth Industrial Revolution? - Oct 24, 2016.
In the history of mankind and past three major industrial revolutions, horizontal innovations like wheel, steam engine, electricity and integrated chips have always been the crux of it and they changed the world dramatically. Well, fourth one is on its way! Want to know what’s driving it? Have a read at this crisp article.
- The Inside Scoop on Apache Sqoop, Aug 25 Webinar - Aug 23, 2016.
Last chance! Register for Aug 25 webinar to learn about the best practices for using Apache Sqoop and interoperability with JDBC data sources from relational to cloud.
- Big Data Key Terms, Explained - Aug 11, 2016.
Just getting started with Big Data, or looking to iron out the wrinkles in your current understanding? Check out these 20 Big Data-related terms and their concise definitions.
Pages: 1 2
- The Inside Scoop on Apache Sqoop - Aug 8, 2016.
Check out this webinar to learn about the best practices for using Sqoop and interoperability with JDBC data sources from relational to cloud. Register today!
- 5 Big Data Projects You Can No Longer Overlook - Jul 21, 2016.
Check out 5 Big Data projects that you are not likely to have seen before, but which may be useful to you, and perhaps even scratch an itch you didn't know you had.
- Cloud Computing Key Terms, Explained - Jun 9, 2016.
A concise overview of 20 core cloud computing ecosystem concepts. The focus here is on the terminology, not The Big Picture.
Pages: 1 2
- HPI Future SOC Lab offers researchers free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure - Feb 19, 2016.
The HPI Future SOC (Service-Oriented Computing) Lab is a cooperation of the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) and industrial partners, providing free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure. It is now accepting project proposals.
- Data Analytics Boosting Digital Engagement at Australian Open 2016 - Jan 25, 2016.
Advanced analytics and visualization is enhancing fan experience and operational excellence at Australian Open 2016
- Microsoft: Data Solution Architect - Dec 2, 2015.
Drive high priority customer initiatives, leveraging Azure data services to solve the biggest and most complex data challenges faced by Microsoft enterprise customers.
- Computing Platforms for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Apr 1, 2015.
The poll results suggest a split between a majority of data miners and data scientists who work with growing but still "PC-size", small GB-sized data, and a smaller group of Big Data analysts who work with cloud-sized data. Cloud computing, Unix, and especially Mac gained in popularity.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Dave McCrory, Basho on Distributed Database Needs of a Future Enterprise - Mar 16, 2015.
We discuss the future of distributed storage for enterprise, Scale-up vs. Scale-out, software design patterns in Cloud era, microservices model and the place for legacy database in modern enterprise IT.
- New Poll: Computing platform for your analytics, data mining, data science work or research - Mar 14, 2015.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What computing platform you use for analytics, data mining, data science work or research? Please vote.
- Simplilearn Big Data and Analytics Courses – CAREER30 - Mar 12, 2015.
Get Big Data and Analytics certification - a big plus for your career - with Simplilearn courses on Analytics, Big Data, Hadoop, SAS, R, Cloud Computing, and more, now at 30% discounted prices until Mar 30.
- Top stories for Dec 21-27: 2015 Predictions for big data and data science; The Big Data of Wearables - Dec 28, 2014.
2015 Predictions: What will happen to big data and data science?; The Big Data of Wearables; Open Source Tools for Machine Learning; FICO CAO sees a Post-Big Data World.
- Interview: Mac Devine, CTO, IBM Cloud on the Conflux of Cloud, IoT & Big Data - Dec 26, 2014.
We discuss the implications of Cloud Speed of technological advancement, significant trends in Internet of Things (IoT), future of cloud computing and more.
- Interview: Mac Devine, CTO, IBM Cloud on the Fast Approaching Perfect Storm - Dec 24, 2014.
We discuss why we should anticipate a technology perfect storm soon, Enterprise IT challenges, distinct capabilities of IBM BlueMix and more.
- Simplilearn Big Data and Analytics courses, 30% off - Dec 8, 2014.
Keep pace with the competition - upgrade your Big Data and Analytics skills with Simplilearn online courses in Cloud computing, Hadoop, SAS, R and more, now 30% off until Dec 31, 2014.
- EURECOM: Faculty Position in Data Mining and Machine Learning - Nov 20, 2014.
EURECOM, graduate school and a research center in communication systems, seeks qualified applicants interested in Big Data and Cloud computing for a tenured assistant professor position.
- Why Azure ML is the Next Big Thing for Machine Learning? - Nov 17, 2014.
With advanced capabilities, free access, strong support for R, cloud hosting benefits, drag-and-drop development and many more features, Azure ML is ready to take the consumerization of ML to the next level.
- iMathCloud, Python Data Science Platform - Nov 10, 2014.
iMathResearch presents its first tool for big data analysis, offering easy access to computational tools, a simple Python-based interface, cloud-based collaboration, and private computational instances.
- Interview: Arpit Gupta, CEO, Actionable Analytics on Enterprise Challenges in Big Data and Cloud - Aug 24, 2014.
We discuss Actionable Analytics start-up, enterprise challenges in Big Data, relationship with cloud computing, metrics vs. insights, Big Data expectations and more.
- KDnuggets Interview: Michael Brodie on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Startup Quality, Verizon (part 2) - Apr 28, 2014.
The second part of our exclusive interview focuses on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Data Tamer and Jisto startups, and his experience as a chief Scientist of Verizon - and how that relates to teenager never tidying a room for 60 years.