- Standardization and Specialization in Analytics, Data Science, and BI - Mar 28, 2017.
We see beginnings of both standardization and specialization, with graduate analytics curriculum that covers math, statistics, CS, IT systems, and communications. We also see specializations in data science and BI, and verticals like marketing and healthcare analytics.
- Ferris State University: Assistant Professor Business Data Analytics - Feb 2, 2017.
Required: Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Statistics, or closely related field. Prior teaching experience at College/University level or at least 2 years work experience in data analysis, statistics, consulting/research or closely related field.
- ABB: Research Scientist – Data Analytics - Jan 26, 2017.
Seeking a highly qualified scientist / engineer in the field of data analytics and software applications, to work on the fascinating boundary of research, development and application within a team of highly motivated scientists.
- Doctor of Business Administration/Data Analytics, Online at Grand Canyon University - Jan 12, 2017.
Offered in a convenient online format, this doctoral program empowers expert data analysts to spark new industry-wide innovation.
- Data Analytics Summit, March 9-10, Free Event – RSVP - Jan 10, 2017.
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology invites you to attend the FREE 2017 Data Analytics Summit, March 9 & 10, 2017, where the theme will be Analytics Applied: Case Studies, Measuring Impact, and Communicating Results. RSVP now!
- 3 ways to learn Data Science at Statistics.com - Dec 21, 2016.
Get the personal touch you need to deepen your learning with Statistics.com classes that are small, rich and engaging with readings, videos, quizzes, homework, and practical projects, taught online by leading instructors.
- Data Analytics Models in Quantitative Finance and Risk Management - Dec 13, 2016.
We review how key data science algorithms, such as regression, feature selection, and Monte Carlo, are used in financial instrument pricing and risk management.
- Inside Industry 4.0: What’s Driving The Fourth Industrial Revolution? - Oct 24, 2016.
In the history of mankind and past three major industrial revolutions, horizontal innovations like wheel, steam engine, electricity and integrated chips have always been the crux of it and they changed the world dramatically. Well, fourth one is on its way! Want to know what’s driving it? Have a read at this crisp article.
- Rowan University: CS Faculty – Data Analytics (open rank) - Sep 22, 2016.
The Computer Science Department at Rowan University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position with a primary specialization in Data Analytics to begin September 1, 2017. Applications due Nov 15, 2016.
- Learn to collect, classify, analyze, and model data - Sep 20, 2016.
The courses offered in the Penn State World Campus 30-credit online Master's in Data Analytics degree could enhance your credentials in the growing field of data analytics.
- 2 must-have tools for blazing fast Python performance - Sep 15, 2016.
Intel has two must-have, highly optimized tools to help you get faster performance out of the box - with the least amount of effort.
- Don’t just read about learning data - Aug 19, 2016.
Master data analytics at Level Bootcamp this fall to get ahead in your career and your life. Apply by Aug 31 for a 15% tuition discount.
- Data Analytics Bootcamp to make you irreplaceable - Jul 25, 2016.
Become irreplaceable at Level Bootcamp by learning how to use data to solve real problems. Get 15% KDnuggets discount for upcoming programs in Boston, Seattle, Charlotte, Silicon Valley, and online.
- Cisco 2016 Data and Analytics Conference, Sep 19-21, Chicago - Jun 22, 2016.
Learn how Cisco, its partners, and customers are developing and using new solutions for data and analytics, IoT, cloud, edge analytics, data preparation and data virtualization. Register before Aug 19 to get early bird rates.
- Fraunhofer: Post-Doctoral Fellow – Building Data Analytics - Jun 17, 2016.
We seek a Post-Doctoral Fellow to work with Fraunhofer’s interdisciplinary Building Energy Technologies team to develop, test, and evaluate algorithms using CT and interval electric field data.
- Hyundai: Quality Data Analytics Manager - Jun 1, 2016.
Seeking a Quality Data Analytics Manager to apply deep analytical skills to blend, process, and explore complex datasets for the Product Quality department to aid in knowledge discovery, and to assist with performing root-cause analysis, survival analysis, time series forecasting and other analytical activities.
- Beyond Big Data Skills: Creating the Right DNA for the Managers of the Data-driven Business World - May 31, 2016.
Advice to schools and universities to help them prepare the future managers of the data-driven business world. One key step is to get managers acquainted with data by touching data, manipulating it, and 'playing' with it.
- The Anchors of Trust in Data Analytics - Mar 14, 2016.
An exploration of some of the critical questions and challenges emerging around trust in data and analytics. The four anchors of trust that will shape public confidence in D&A in the age of the analytical enterprise are highlighted.
- 12 Data Analytics Thought Leaders on Twitter - Jan 20, 2016.
Menlo technologies compiled a list of Data Analytics thought leaders and companies they follow on Twitter. Spend some time on their informative and as entertaining Twitter Feeds, web and blogs.
- A*STAR Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), Singapore: Scientist, Data Analytics - Nov 12, 2015.
I2R mission is to be the globally preferred source of innovations in Interactive Secured Information, Content and Services Anytime Anywhere through research by passionate people dedicated to Singapore economic success.
- Singapore Data Analytics, Info Security careers - Nov 12, 2015.
Learn about many opportunities in Data Analytics and Info Security careers in Singapore and about its Smart Nation initiative.
- NTU (Singapore): Faculty Positions in Data Analytics - Jul 22, 2015.
NTU, young and fast-rising research university, invites applications for positions at the ranks of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor in Data Analytics.
- Big Data Bootcamp, Austin: Day 2 Highlights - Apr 23, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data and Analytics leaders/consultants on day 2 of Big Data Bootcamp in Austin.
- Interview: Bill Moreau, USOC on Evidence-based Medicine to Reduce Sports Injuries - Mar 27, 2015.
We discuss the success of Analytics in predicting sports injuries, recent progress in concussion management and the trends in data-driven evidence-based sports medicine.
- Interview: Beena Ammanath, GE on Data Science – It’s Not Just Science! - Mar 24, 2015.
We discuss benefits and challenges of Data Lake, trends, life lessons, motivation, desired skills, and more.
- Wrangling Public Bike Share Data with The Free Trial of Trifacta - Mar 6, 2015.
A free trial of Trifacta is a good opportunity for data analysts to start wrangle the different shapes and sizes of data sets. We give an example of wrangling Bay Area Bike Share data to better understand biking around San Francisco.
- The Elements of Data Analytic Style – checklist - Mar 4, 2015.
Jeff Leek book "Elements of Data Analytic Style" had a rocket launch, thanks to author course on Coursera. The book includes a useful checklist that can guide beginning data analysts or serve for evaluating data analyses.
- Interview: David Kasik, Boeing on Data Analysis vs Data Analytics - Feb 23, 2015.
We discuss the impact of increasing amount of data on visualization, difference between Data Analysis and Data Analytics, motivation, trends, desired skills and more.
- ExxonMobil Research and Engineering: Data Analytics / Machine Learning - Jan 30, 2015.
Conduct fundamental research in machine learning, statistics, signal processing and optimization and apply them to large-scale problems in physics, chemical and engineering data sets and models.
- MLDAS 2015: Machine Learning and Data Analytics Symposium – Qatar, Mar 9-10 - Jan 26, 2015.
MLDAS is a forum for machine learning and data analytics researchers and practitioners from academia, industry, and government to share their ideas, research results and experiences. Travel support for paper authors available.
- Data Analytics for Government, Wash. DC, Feb 23-25: Keynotes - Dec 18, 2014.
The DAW for Government team is proud to announce keynote speakers: Hemanth Setty (CIO, Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board) and Kenneth Nesbit, Associate CIO, US Treasury.
- TDWI Orlando – The Premier Education Conference for BI, DW, Big Data, Data Analytics – Savings Extended - Nov 11, 2014.
With over 45 courses on the full agenda, TDWI Orlando has what you need to succeed with your data and analytics projects! Savings extended - use priority code OR63.
- NTU MSc Data Analytics for Business - Nov 6, 2014.
Students in this part-time Multidisciplinary Masters will leverage knowledge across 9 academic schools and in consultation with faculty conduct a 3-6 month unique work-based project.
- Virginia Tech: Data Analytics/Cyber Security Faculty Position - Oct 9, 2014.
Candidates with research depth and breadth in data analytics, data mining, "big data", data science, or cybersecurity, are encouraged to apply.
- Virginia Tech: Faculty, Computational Modeling and Data Analytics - Oct 1, 2014.
Looking for a Ph.D. in statistics or a related field, with research focus in data analytics, machine learning, data mining, or related methods, to support our new Computational Modeling and Data Analytics program.
- Top stories for Sep 21-27: Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 28, 2014.
Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft); Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained; Predictive Analytics in Health Care.
- Advanced Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 24, 2014.
A business-level explanation of most important data analytics and machine learning methods, including neural networks, deep learning, clustering, ensemble methods, SVM, and when do use what models.
- Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 22, 2014.
Learn about a variety of different approaches to data analytics and their advantages and limitations from a business leader's perspective in part 1 of this post on data analytics techniques.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 29-31: Data Analytics vs Predictive Modeling vs …; 100 top machine learning talks - Sep 1, 2014.
Data Analytics vs Predictive Modeling vs Data Mining vs Big Data; 100 most popular machine learning talks at videolectures; Intro to parallel iterative Deep Learning on Hadoop YARN; Jeremy Howard answers why he left Kaggle and what are his plans now.
- Data Analytics Week, Las Vegas, Nov 10-13 – Surprise Keynote Speaker - Aug 19, 2014.
Data Analytics Week, Nov 10-13, 2014 in Las Vegas has confidently departed from the term "big data" because regardless of the size of your data, there is powerful information to unlock. KDnuggets discount.
- Top 10 References for applying Big Data and Analytics in Business - Aug 11, 2014.
See how businesses leverage data analytics for great gain to help others understand the business value of data science projects and provide examples to inspire your own data-driven projects.
- Data Analytics Week, Nov 10-13, Las Vegas - Jul 15, 2014.
Join Data Analytics Week in Las Vegas, Nov 10-13, to raise your analytics expertise, participate in valuable networking and idea sharing. Special KDnuggets discount.
- The Impact Cycle – how to think of actionable insights - Jun 29, 2014.
The IMPACT Cycle provides a guiding framework for thinking about the steps for being effective analytical consultant, and can be a tool to help you drive effectiveness through your analytical teams.
- Data Analytics Handbook p. 3, Interviews with Research Leaders and Academics, Free Download - May 13, 2014.
Part 3 features interviews with research leaders and academics, including Hal Varian (Chief Economist, Google), Gregory Piatetsky (Editor, KDnuggets), and Analytics Thought Leader Tom Davenport (Professor, Babson College). Free download.
- Vendor-Neutral Hands-On Training in Data Mining [ Wash-DC, May | Denver-CO, July ] - Apr 15, 2014.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with immersive hands-on training and goal-driven strategy. Get this training from The Modeling Agency.
- Data Analytics Handbook – Interviews with Data Scientists and Tech Leaders, free download - Apr 12, 2014.
A young team of UC Berkeley students produced a Data Analytics Handbook - free to download, featuring interviews with data scientists and tech leaders from leading companies including LinkedIn, Cloudera, Facebook, Yelp, and Flurry.
- MS in Data Analytics from CUNY: Online and Affordable - Feb 27, 2014.
Learn about the affordable, fully online, MS in Data Analytics at CUNY SPS that prepares graduates to manage and analyze large amounts of data - March 11 info session.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 27-28: Dilbert takes on #BigData Analysis and Salaries; Free Tutorial, Data Analytics for Beginners - Jan 29, 2014.
Dilbert takes on #BigData Analysis and Salaries of Top Performers. Hilarious! ; Free Tutorial - Data Analytics for Beginners: Part 1 - Installing R and RStudio; Part 2: Data Cleaning; A New Science of Cities emerges from Mobile Phone Data Analysis.