- The Value of Exploratory Data Analysis - Apr 20, 2017.
In this post, we will give a high level overview of what exploratory data analysis (EDA) typically entails and then describe three of the major ways EDA is critical to successfully model and interpret its results.
- 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook, April - Apr 13, 2017.
It's about that time again... 5 more machine learning or machine learning-related projects you may not yet have heard of, but may want to consider checking out. Find tools for data exploration, topic modeling, high-level APIs, and feature selection herein.
- Top Data Scientist Daniel Tunkelang on Data Recycling - Nov 22, 2016.
Respected Data Scientist Daniel Tunkelang shares some insight into data recycling, using data from other contexts to bootstrap your initial statistical models until you can collect live data.
- 5 Steps for Advanced Data Analysis using Visualization - Oct 28, 2016.
In most of the scientific researches, due to large amount of experiment data, statistical analysis is typically done by technical experts in computing and statistics. Unfortunately, these experts are not the experts of underlying research; which may cause gaps in analysis. If actual researchers are given easy to use tools and methods to handle and analyse data, it will enrich the research outcome for sure.
- Emory University: Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Data Exploration - Sep 26, 2016.
We are particularly interested in applicants with expertise in interactive data exploration, broadly construed, which includes data mining, analytics, visualization, human-computer interaction, and summarization.
- Caravel: Airbnb’s data exploration platform - Apr 13, 2016.
For data exploration, discovery, and collaborative analytics, AirBnB have built and open sourced, a data exploration and dashboarding platform named Caravel. It allows data exploration through rich visualizations while performing fast and intuitive “slicing and dicing” of your dataset.
- Change in Perspective with Process Mining - Feb 9, 2016.
Process mining is focused on the analysis of processes, and is an excellent tool in particular for the exploratory analysis of process-related data. Understand how effectively use it as an exploratory analysis tool, which can rapidly and flexibly take different perspectives on your processes.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Improve your processes with statistical models - Jan 7, 2016.
Through real-world case studies, this technical primer will help you: find best practices to interactively explore the patterns in your data, build useful statistical models, and visually interact with these models.
- Beyond One-Hot: an exploration of categorical variables - Dec 8, 2015.
Coding categorical variables into numbers, by assign an integer to each category ordinal coding of the machine learning algorithms. Here, we explore different ways of converting a categorical variable and their effects on the dimensionality of data.
- Business Analytics Webinars: Practical Training, 7 Live Sessions, Dec 10 - Dec 3, 2015.
Stay ahead of the curve in business analytics with our Dec 10 Webinar Marathon, and watch industry experts deliver 7 back-to-back sessions on hot topics. Register now.
- Improve your processes with statistical models - Nov 3, 2015.
Get technical primer with best practices to interactively explore the patterns in your data, build useful statistical models of these patterns, and visually interact with these models.
- INFORMS Courses: Essential Practice Skills, Data Exploration and Visualization, November, Baltimore - Oct 5, 2015.
Two INFORMS courses teach Essential Practice Skills for High-Impact Analytics Projects (Nov 18-19) and Data Exploration & Visualization (Nov 10-11). Both courses are given at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD.
- Webcast: Tech expert Phil Simon on exploring data - Jun 17, 2015.
Phil Simon, award-winning author, talks about how data visualization can help improve data quality, promoting the exploratory mindset, telling good stories with data, and more. On demand webcast.
- Statwing, Modern Data Analysis Software - Jan 30, 2014.
Every decision maker in the organization needs to be capable of analyzing data, but most tools require a lot of mundane and time-consuming data cleaning. Statwing solves that problem and lets you focus on data analysis.