- Dataiku: The Complete Data Sheet - Apr 20, 2017.
Whether your every day tool is Scala, Python, R, or Excel, you can now use one tool - Dataiku - to transform raw data to predictions without the hassle. Discover the platform!
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n15, Apr 19: Forrester vs Gartner on Data Science/Analytics Platforms; 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook - Apr 19, 2017.
Also Top mistakes data scientists make when dealing with business people; New Online Data Science Tracks for 2017; Cartoon: Why AI needs help with taxes.
- Forrester vs Gartner on Data Science Platforms and Machine Learning Solutions - Apr 14, 2017.
Who leads in Data Science, Machine Learning, and Predictive Analytics? We compare the latest Forrester and Gartner reports for this industry for 2017 Q1, identify gainers and losers, and strong leaders vs contenders.
- Webinar: R with RStudio, Spark, sparklyr in Minutes, April 26 - Apr 11, 2017.
Find out how to expand R capabilities with RStudio + sparklyr on Apache Spark on a fast cloud platform and how simple to get started in the cloud with Cazena Data Science Sandbox as a Service.
- Gartner Data Science Platforms – A Deeper Look - Mar 3, 2017.
Thomas Dinsmore critical examination of Gartner 2017 MQ of Data Science Platforms, including vendors who out, in, have big changes, Hadoop and Spark integration, open source software, and what Data Scientists actually use.
- Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms: gainers and losers - Feb 23, 2017.
We compare Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms vs its 2016 version and identify notable changes for leaders and challengers, including IBM, SAS, RapidMiner, KNIME, MathWorks, Microsoft, and Quest.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n06, Feb 15: So What is Big Data? 52 Useful Machine Learning APIs; Data Science finds Perfect Valentines Dates - Feb 15, 2017.
Also Making Python Speak SQL with pandasql; 52 Useful Machine Learning & Prediction APIs, updated; New Poll: Do you support Trump Immigration Ban?
- Forrester Study: Companies Using Data Science Platforms Are Surpassing The Competition - Feb 8, 2017.
Companies that regularly exceed shareholder expectations have something in common: 88% of them use a fully functional platform to do data science work. Get the white paper from Forrester to learn more.
- R-Brain Platform for Data Science: R, Python, sharing, security, and marketplace - Dec 7, 2016.
R-Brain IDE enables data scientists to use both R and Python with full language support. It enables sharing and has a marketplace for models. Try it free.
- Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? - May 14, 2016.
Vote in KDnuggets 17th Annual Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? We will clean and analyze the results and publish our analysis afterwards.
- Angoss 9.6 Data Science Software Suite - Apr 29, 2016.
Angoss software provides users with comprehensive scorecard building functionality that is fast, reliable, accurate, and business centric.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n14, Apr 20: Top 15 Frameworks for Machine Learning Experts; How to Grow Your Own Data Scientists - Apr 20, 2016.
Top 15 Frameworks for Machine Learning Experts; How to Grow Your Own Data Scientists; Association Rules and the Apriori Algorithm: A Tutorial; Automated Machine Learning: Changing the Game.
- Salford Predictive Modeler 8: Faster. More Machine Learning. Better results - Apr 4, 2016.
Take a giant step forward with SPM 8: Download and try it for yourself just released version 8 and get better results.
- Exclusive Interview with Alexander Gray, Skytree CEO: Fast, Automated, Machine Learning Software for Free? - Mar 17, 2016.
We discuss how Skytree compares with competition, how does it perform relative to expert Data Scientists, how does Skytree Automodel compare to Deep Learning, and more.
- Automated Data Science and Data Mining - Mar 4, 2016.
Automated Data Science is becoming more popular. Here is our initial list of automated Data Science and Data Mining platforms.
- New Salford Predictive Modeler 8 - Mar 1, 2016.
Salford Predictive Modeler software suite: Faster. More Comprehensive Machine Learning. More Automation. Better results. Take a giant step forward in your data science productivity with SPM 8. Download and try it today!
- Hackerday – Stay Updated in your Career through Hands-On Projects - Nov 19, 2015.
Hackerday is a platform at DeZyre – which allows you to come together as a group, code and work on day long hackathons, where you will be guided by an industry expert, as you are coding. Next Hackerday session Nov 21.
- FlyElephant supports R, Python, and public API - Nov 9, 2015.
FlyElephant is the Platform-as-a-Service for data analysis and simulations of processes. It supports elastic multi-core systems, HPC and GPU clusters, R, Python, and more. Meet CEO Dmitry Spodarets in Silicon Valley until Nov 12 and in Austin, Nov 13 to Nov 20.
- Dataiku Data Science Studio, now also runs on Apache Spark - Sep 29, 2015.
Dataiku Data Science Studio version 2.1 has many useful features for Data Scientists, including integration with Apache Spark.
Pages: 1 2
- Anaconda Data Science Platform for R, Python, or both - Aug 18, 2015.
Got R, Python, or both? Download conda, the leading package and environment manager for data science, which works with both R and Python packages.
- Dataiku Data Science Studio – intuitive solution for data professionals - Jul 8, 2015.
Data Science Studio (DSS) from Dataiku is an intuitive software solution that let data professionals harness the power of big data. The latest version DSS 2.0 brings predictive analytics to a whole new level in terms of collaboration and usability.
- Poll: What Predictive Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science software/tools you used in the past 12 months? - May 7, 2015.
Vote in KDnuggets 16th Annual Poll: What Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science software/tools you used in the past 12 months for a real project?. We will clean and analyze the results and publish our trend analysis afterwards.
- New Poll: Computing platform for your analytics, data mining, data science work or research - Mar 14, 2015.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What computing platform you use for analytics, data mining, data science work or research? Please vote.
- Wrangling Public Bike Share Data with The Free Trial of Trifacta - Mar 6, 2015.
A free trial of Trifacta is a good opportunity for data analysts to start wrangle the different shapes and sizes of data sets. We give an example of wrangling Bay Area Bike Share data to better understand biking around San Francisco.
- BigML machine learning platform Winter 2015 Release, Feb 11 - Feb 2, 2015.
See the latest in BigML's continuously evolved machine learning platform with its emphasis on consumability, programmability, and scalability. Feb 11 webinar at 9 am PT and 5 pm PT.
- RapidMiner Academia makes RapidMiner freely available to students, academics worldwide - Jan 20, 2015.
Students, professors and researchers can now use free of charge the latest version of RapidMiner platform for education and academic research.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 14-15: 10 FB likes predicts personality better than a co-worker; A Deep Dive into Recurrent Neural Nets - Jan 16, 2015.
A Deep Dive into Recurrent Neural Nets #DeepLearning; SOASTA announces #DataScience Workbench for insights from user experience; What's Wrong with this Picture? The Art of Honest Visualizations; Deep Learning can be easily fooled.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n01, Jan 7: Clever methods of overfitting; 5 Analytics Rules to cut thru the Hype - Jan 7, 2015.
11 Clever Methods of Overfitting and how to avoid them, Data Mining and Text Analytics of World Cup 2014, iMath Cloud Data Science Platform beta, Platfora CEO on Insightful Analytics for Big Data, and more analytics, big data, data science, and data mining stories.
- iMath Cloud Data Science Platform beta - Jan 6, 2015.
iMathResearch presents a Data Science platform, offering development in Python, R or Octave, cloud-based collaboration, private computational instances and visualization from the browser.
- iMathCloud, Python Data Science Platform - Nov 10, 2014.
iMathResearch presents its first tool for big data analysis, offering easy access to computational tools, a simple Python-based interface, cloud-based collaboration, and private computational instances.
- Making Sense of Public Data – Wrangling Jeopardy - Oct 7, 2014.
Trifacta’s Alon Bartur & Will Davis detail their process for transforming or “wrangling” publicly available Jeopardy data found on the web for downstream analysis.
- Dear CIO, what you have is NOT a Data Lake - Jul 17, 2014.
Data Lakes are often the ideal structure of a company's big data, but the reality is that data is often split into data puddles. Xurmo seeks to eliminate this by integrating Data Virtualization into the Data Lake.
- Domino – A Platform For Modern Data Analysis - Jun 26, 2014.
Tools that facilitate data science best practices have not yet matured to match their counterparts in the world of software engineering. Domino is a platform built from the ground up to fill in these gaps and accelerate modern analytical workflows.
- Data Lakes vs Data Warehouses - Jun 7, 2014.
Data Warehouses, traditionally popular for business intelligence tasks, are being replaced by less-structured Data Lakes which allow more flexibility.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 7-8: 30 Simple Tools for Data Visualization; Did Target Really Predict Pregnancy? - May 9, 2014.
30 Simple Tools for Data and Geo-Visualization: iCharts, Fusion, Modest Maps, Raw ...; Did Target Really Predict a Teen's Pregnancy? The Inside Story; Sense, new Data Science startup, builds a Data Science Platform of the Future; Analytics Experts on #BigData Misconceptions.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 21-23: Machine Learning in Parallel with SVM; Good Data Sets for Data Science Practice - Mar 24, 2014.
Machine Learning in Parallel with SVM, GLM; Good Data Sets for Data Science Practice: Big enough, requires data engineering, rich; Cartoon: Why Madame Zaza, Fortune Teller, changes to Predictive Analytics; Top 45 #BigData Tools and Platforms for Developers
- Aunsight: New Data Science Platform from Aunalytics - Feb 5, 2014.
Aunsight , a powerful new Data Science Platform, will let data scientists easily design and customize powerful workflows, integrate disparate data sources, add new algorithms, and focus on solving big data problems.