- Getting Up Close and Personal with Algorithms - Mar 21, 2017.
We've put together a brief summary of the top algorithms used in predictive analysis, which you can see just below. Read to learn more about Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, and more.
- 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook, January - Jan 2, 2017.
There are a lot of popular machine learning projects out there, but many more that are not. Which of these are actively developed and worth checking out? Here is an offering of 5 such projects, the most recent in an ongoing series.
- Decision Tree Classifiers: A Concise Technical Overview - Nov 3, 2016.
The decision tree is one of the oldest and most intuitive classification algorithms in existence. This post provides a straightforward technical overview of this brand of classifiers.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n34, Sep 21: The Great Algorithm Tutorial Roundup; 7 Steps to Mastering Apache Spark 2.0 - Sep 21, 2016.
The Great Algorithm Tutorial Roundup; 7 Steps to Mastering Apache Spark 2.0; Machine Learning in a Year: From Total Noob to Effective Practitioner; Learning From Data (Introductory Machine Learning) Caltech MOOC
- The Great Algorithm Tutorial Roundup - Sep 20, 2016.
This is a collection of tutorials relating to the results of the recent KDnuggets algorithms poll. If you are interested in learning or brushing up on the most used algorithms, as per our readers, look here for suggestions on doing so!
- Decision Trees: A Disastrous Tutorial - Sep 15, 2016.
Get a concise overview of decision trees here, one of the most used KDnuggets reader algorithms as measured in a recent poll.
- Top Algorithms and Methods Used by Data Scientists - Sep 12, 2016.
Latest KDnuggets poll identifies the list of top algorithms actually used by Data Scientists, finds surprises including the most academic and most industry-oriented algorithms.
Pages: 1 2
- Machine Learning Classic: Parsimonious Binary Classification Trees - Jun 14, 2016.
Get your hands on a classic technical report outlining a three-step method of construction binary decision trees for multiple classification problems.
- Dealing with Unbalanced Classes, SVMs, Random Forests, and Decision Trees in Python - Apr 29, 2016.
An overview of dealing with unbalanced classes, and implementing SVMs, Random Forests, and Decision Trees in Python.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Salford Predictive Modeler 8: Faster. More Machine Learning. Better results - Apr 4, 2016.
Take a giant step forward with SPM 8: Download and try it for yourself just released version 8 and get better results.
- New Salford Predictive Modeler 8 - Mar 1, 2016.
Salford Predictive Modeler software suite: Faster. More Comprehensive Machine Learning. More Automation. Better results. Take a giant step forward in your data science productivity with SPM 8. Download and try it today!
- Tree Kernels: Quantifying Similarity Among Tree-Structured Data - Feb 23, 2016.
An in-depth, informative overview of tree kernels, both theoretical and practical. Includes a use case and some code after the discussion.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Top 10 tweets Jan 25-31: DataViz: how a decision tree works; Nice and Brief Tutorial on Python - Feb 1, 2016.
DataViz - how a decision tree makes classifications; Very Nice and Brief Tutorial on #Python #DataScience #DataViz; Per Einstein, time flows slower in Meetings than in empty space #hum; Top 10 Skills for #DataScience professionals.
- Hitchhikers Guide to Azure Machine Learning Studio - Jan 15, 2016.
Learn Azure ML Studio through this brief hands-on tutorial. This step-by-step guide will help you get a quick-start and grasp the basics of this Predictive Modeling tool.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
- All Machine Learning Models Have Flaws - Mar 3, 2015.
This classic post examines what is right and wrong with different models of machine learning, including Bayesian learning, Graphical Models, Convex Loss Optimization, Statistical Learning, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 26 – Feb 1: Good list of Machine Learning Resources; Sample Machine Learning solutions with R - Feb 2, 2015.
Good list of #MachineLearning Resources, #DeepLearning, Graphical Models; Sample #MachineLearning solutions with R on #Azure ML Marketplace #rstats; Decision Tree Algorithms: comparing Gini Index, Chi-Square, Information Gain; Cartoon: Lets solve 2+4=? first, worry about #DataMining Later.
- Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 22, 2014.
Learn about a variety of different approaches to data analytics and their advantages and limitations from a business leader's perspective in part 1 of this post on data analytics techniques.
- Identity Fraud and Analytics – An Overview - Mar 26, 2014.
With the consumers being increasingly concerned about identity theft, leading financial institutions are leveraging analytics to detect Identity Fraud as it happens.
- Webinar, Apr 3: Best Decision Trees just got better with Angoss KnowledgeSEEKER 9.0 - Mar 23, 2014.
This Apr 3 webinar will show how KnowledgeSEEKER 9.0 will make your modeling faster with automated workflow for building, refreshing, and reusing workflows - all with the click of a button.
- Webinar: Best Decision Trees just got better with Angoss KnowledgeSEEKER 9.0, Apr 3 - Mar 14, 2014.
New KnowledgeSEEKER 9.0 makes your modeling faster with automated workflow for building, refreshing, and reusing workflows - all with the click of a button. Learn more on Apr 3.
- Introduction to Random Forests for Beginners – free ebook - Mar 6, 2014.
Random Forests is of the most powerful and successful machine learning techniques. This free ebook will help beginners to leverage the power of Random Forests.
- Building Better Models – Case studies in Predictive Analysis – JMP Webcasts - Jan 27, 2014.
The five-part on-demand series shows how to build better and more useful models with modern predictive modeling techniques such as regression, neural networks and decision trees.