- Breaking Data Science Open: How Open Data Science is Eating the World - Mar 17, 2017.
Grab this free book on Open Data Science, a movement that makes the open source tools of data science—data, analytics and computation—work together as a connected ecosystem.
- Over 600 data science, machine learning, Big Data eBooks/videos for only $5 (until Jan 9) - Dec 22, 2016.
Packt have more than 600 data science, analysis, machine learning and Big Data eBooks and video courses. And until Jan 9, 2017 every single one is available for just $5.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 28-Oct 4: 7 Steps to Mastering SQL for #DataScience; Biggest Issues in #DataScience - Oct 5, 2016.
7 Steps to Mastering SQL for #DataScience; New Andrew Ng #MachineLearning #Book Under Construction, #Free Draft Chapters; Top #DataScientist Claudia Perlich on Biggest Issues in #DataScience; Awesome Public Datasets on GitHub
- ebook: Learning Apache Mahout Classification - May 15, 2015.
If you are a data scientist with Hadoop experience and interest in machine learning, this book is for you. Learn about different classification in Apache Mahout and build your own classifiers.
- LIONbook: Machine Learning + Intelligent Optimization – completed, free personal download - Mar 11, 2014.
This book combines two usually separated topics: machine learning and intelligent optimization, and does it with enough technical details to satisfy professionals, but also with concrete examples, vivid images, and fun. Buy a low-cost paperback or ebook (Kindle), or download a free PDF.
- Top stories for Mar 2-8: Do’s and Don’t of Data Mining; Wolfram Breakthtough language - Mar 9, 2014.
The Dos and Donts of Data Mining; Wolfram Breakthrough Knowledge-based Programming Language - what it means for Data Science? Introduction to Random Forests for Beginners - free ebook; Exclusive Interview with Quentin Clark, Microsoft Data Platform Group.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 5-6: Data Science Backlash begins; Intro to Random Forests for Beginners – free ebook - Mar 7, 2014.
Backlash begins: Data Science is not a science, and not a good job prospect; Intro to Random Forests for Beginners - free ebook; Must read for data scientists: Q - new Data Language; Book: R for Business Analytics.
- Introduction to Random Forests for Beginners – free ebook - Mar 6, 2014.
Random Forests is of the most powerful and successful machine learning techniques. This free ebook will help beginners to leverage the power of Random Forests.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 24-25: Applied R for the Social Scientist, free book; Great overview: Python Tools for Machine Learning - Feb 27, 2014.
Applied R for the Quantitative Social Scientist - a free 100 page ebook! Great overview: Python Tools for Machine Learning; MIT TR 50 Smartest Companies has many #BigData companies; Wolfram releases demo of breakthrough knowledge-based language.