- What Happened Last Night in Sweden: Data Science vs Fake News - Mar 22, 2017.
During a rally in February, President Trump had these disparaging words about Sweden’s humane immigration policy... but nothing of note actually happened the previous night in Sweden.
- Proxy Indicators: beware of spurious claims - Mar 16, 2017.
Beware of online and market research studies which can lead to false or spurious claims. We examine several notable examples including Google Street View and Argentina inflation.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n08, Mar 1: Deep Learning Frameworks Dissected; Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms - Mar 1, 2017.
The Anatomy of Deep Learning Frameworks; Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms: gainers and losers; Data Science vs Fake News Contest; An Overview of Python Deep Learning Frameworks; Moving from R to Python: The Libraries You Need to Know
- Data Science vs Fake News Contest - Feb 27, 2017.
Submit a story that clearly exposes a false claim in the news, using data and visualization. This contest is sponsored by KDnuggets, Data For Democracy, and data.world. Submissions due March 10, 2017.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n46, Dec 28: 4 Reasons Your Machine Learning Model is Wrong; Deep Learning for coders MOOC - Dec 28, 2016.
First Deep Learning for coders MOOC launched by Jeremy Howard; 4 Reasons Your Machine Learning Model is Wrong; 5 Capability Levels of Deep Learning Intelligence; Data Science Basics: Power Laws and Distributions.
- How I Detect Fake News, by Tim O’Reilly - Dec 26, 2016.
Read how Tim O'Reilly traced the falsity of one internet meme, and what that teaches us about how an algorithm might do it.